What's new

Help: Using non-lethal in a lethal situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jxrdxn

Donator
From what I've heard, the majority of people are saying that legal factions "SASP" are not authorised in order to use non-lethals in the lethal situations, for example, bean bagging someone when they are shooting at you with live ammunition. I had this problem the other day in PC against an officer which I was shooting at with a desert eagle and he just straight up bean bagged me, leaving me with no chance to kill him and escape, he then proceeded to do this a second time even when I got up and done the same again. Is this a punishable offence? Because it seems incredibly OP if they're allowed to use something that fully controls your character when you're in a shootout. Even if I were outnumbered, there was that slight possibility. I'd like some clearance as to whether this is a rule or not allowed within SASP. :bangin:

Justin

Donator
Jxrdxn said:
From what I've heard, the majority of people are saying that legal factions "SASP" are not authorised in order to use non-lethals in the lethal situations, for example, bean bagging someone when they are shooting at you with live ammunition. I had this problem the other day in PC against an officer which I was shooting at with a desert eagle and he just straight up bean bagged me, leaving me with no chance to kill him and escape, he then proceeded to do this a second time even when I got up and done the same again. Is this a punishable offence? Because it seems incredibly OP if they're allowed to use something that fully controls your character when you're in a shootout. Even if I were outnumbered, there was that slight possibility. I'd like some clearance as to whether this is a rule or not allowed within SASP. :bangin:
Yea, unless you were slow to withdraw, it's definitely against the rules for SP members to shoot at you with a beanbag shotgun if you're actively firing at them, purely because of how unrealistic that is.

Jxrdxn

Donator
So basically I can form both a refund and report on the basis of this?

Thever

Donator
Police officers are thought to use lethal weapons in cases where lethal force is being used against them.
The handbook says the following:
4.7.6.1 Suspects actions
During the final level of the Force Continuum, the suspect has brandished a firearm and may be aiming it at an Officer or members of the public. The suspect is showing resistance to all previous levels of the continuum and is becoming a severe threat to not only the Officer but also the citizens of the state.

4.7.6.2 Officers response
In this scenario, the Officer is authorized to unholster their sidearm, disengage any safety mechanism and take aim at the suspect whilst in some-form of cover (if at all possible). If the weapon is by the suspect’s side and is NOT being aimed, then the Officer must issue the suspect a verbal warning to drop the weapon and inform them that if they do not then force may be used against them. After five warnings, if the suspect does NOT drop the weapon then the Officer is authorized to open fire and shoot to stop. In certain situations such as a hostage situation, the fifth warning rule may not necessarily apply. If the suspect raises their aim towards a member of the public or towards the Officer, then the Officer is not obliged to issue any warning and is allowed to open fire in order to protect themselves and the general public.

While it does not explicitly state that the use of non-lethal weapons is prohibited in these situations, it is common sense not to use non-lethal weapons as they come with a great risk for other officers and the public in these situations, since the suspect might somehow get up and still fire his gun. It's still at the officers discretion what kind of force to use though.

I doubt that a refund will be accepted as it is not against the server rules, it's more an IC kind of thing.

Lawson

Gold Member
Not only it is not allowed SP wise (I believe), but it is also not allowed based on the server rules as it does count as Rush-Tasing, if you have a gun out or aiming it at the cops, they may not use tasers or beanbags because the unrealism it would expose. Another addition to the rule is that you can not use tasers twice in a row because it needs to be reloaded, hence why cops have reload binds for tasers. (I was nearly admin jailed for rush tasing when I was a cop, so personal experience)

(I /MIGHT/ be wrong so don't take my words for sure until someone else from the staff team clarifies it but I'm really positive on it.)

Thever

Donator
Lawson said:
Not only it is not allowed SP wise (I believe), but it is also not allowed based on the server rules as it does count as Rush-Tasing, if you have a gun out or aiming it at the cops, they may not use tasers or beanbags because the unrealism it would expose. Another addition to the rule is that you can not use tasers twice in a row because it needs to be reloaded, hence why cops have reload binds for tasers. (I was nearly admin jailed for rush tasing when I was a cop, so personal experience)

(I /MIGHT/ be wrong so don't take my words for sure until someone else from the staff team clarifies it but I'm really positive on it.)
Rush tasing is currently not stated anywhere in the rules. No rules were broken in this situation, although the officer in question might have lacked some common sense here.

Jxrdxn

Donator
So basically, no complaint is worth making, even if I have video evidence?

Thever

Donator
Jxrdxn said:
You can always try, I'm not an admin so I can't really judge the situation or determine whether it is non-RP or not.

Mac

Donator
Like Thever said that's an IC issue. IRL if an officer sprayed you with Pepper Spray and you were shooting at him, you would still probably continue to shoot at him. It's a little dumb on the officers side to go against a lethal firearm with pepper spray, but still.

We need to remember this is a game, when you get shot with a beanbag, you are /forced/ into a anim. IRL you could maybe suck up the pain and fire your last 1-2 shots to kill the officer. Then /me gets up and limps away, etc-..

Jukebox

Banned
Jxrdxn said:
Throw that cop to the wolves, make a report+include the video in there and if you don't win the report we'll create a new suggestion to make a rule against cops who use non lethal weapons to take down armed men. It's PG, It's abusing the script and it makes guns irrelevant against the police.

Mac said:
We need to remember this is a game.

I'm sick of seeing you saying it all the time like It's an excuse for everything.
Punching a guy with a gun It's not allowed (It is called non RP fear) you think it should be allowed because ''It's just a game''?
Scrolling a gun is against the rules (This one called Ass Pulling) you think it should be allowed because ''It's just a game''?
Repairing a Comet is as expensive as a house. It's not fun like that, why it cost so much? ''It's just a game''

This isn't ''just a game'', this is a role play server and you can't use the ''It's just a game'' excuse all the time. It's uncalled for and unfair towards players in this community.

My advise to you Jxrdxn, be the change you want to see in the server. Even if we fail It's still worth a shot, for you, for me, and for everybody on RCRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.