What's new

Help installing everything correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rufthrashing

Hey, thanks for checking out the thread.

So my friend sent me a file folder containing everything needed to play apparently, but some things might not be working correctly. I've never done anything regarding SAMP or even GTA SA on my computer, and I'm quite adept at navigating and figuring stuff like this out. Have only played on computer for a little less than a year now. Should I uninstall the whole file he sent me and do something else? One of my main problems is there being a crash every single time I try to connect to the RCRP server. SAMP opens fine, but I've tried and tried to launch and connect to the server to no avail.

Any help is appreciated!

Limitless

Retired Admin
Let's take a step back.
What are the contents of the folder you were given? Did you actually have to use an Installation Wizard at any point? Crashes happen usually due to crappy mods, if you were given a copy of a preinstalled GTA it might have mods in it that you don't know about.

carsambali666

Donator
Only idea I can come up with is that he might be using an older version of Windows such as XP, Vista, 7 and you might have Windows 10 on your PC. Even though I do not think it would crash the game but would probably cause some other problems. Windows 10 non-steam version GTA:SA requires third party patches such as Silent Patch to work properly. (as far as I know)

60oz

Helper
Install it yourself, your friend might be running mods which are compatible with 0.3.7 and cause crashes in 0.3DL.

Aaron.

Donator
Download it from Oceanofgames.. Or Buy it.. Put samp 3.dl in there. Play.. And if you're going to download it from Ocean of games. I suggest you download a downgrader or it won't work. You need gta sa 1.0.

Ironfoot

Silver Member
find yourself a clean version of the first version GTA SA and install samp separately
you should be able to connect properly afterwards

Kaos

Retired Admin
x2et7ba.png

This topic has been archived due to one of the reasons below:

• The topic is outdated.
  • The topic is deemed as inappropriate.
  • Forum rules were broken.
  • The topic is no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.