What's new

Having problems installing SA:MP (old server didn't respond problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesker

Hello RC:RP,

First of, I apologize if this is the wrong section to post this question. If so, please move or delete this thread.

I've come back to SA:MP after quite a break. I've had to re-install everything, and so far it's been going OK, except for the fact that it keeps saying "the server didn't respond" when I'm trying to join the server.

A few things worth mentioning:
- Running SA:MP 0.3.DL (just downloaded from the official website)
- Running GTA:SA via Steam
- Downloaded and installed a gta_sa.exe that should fix the problem with installing SA:MP on Steam
- Tried removing antivirus and disabling firewall, didn't help
- Tried running SA:MP as administratior, didn't help

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks.

Wesker

Is this happening only with RC:RP?

No, it's happening with all servers I've tried.

Just tried joining a bunch of servers with the 0.3.DL versions, and none worked. Then I installed the 0.3.7-R2, and no servers worked either.

I'm getting a few minor 'bugs' when installing SA:MP. From what I could read from googling it, it shouldn't be anything serious. A box pops up when installing SA:MP, where it says there is a problem with a file, and I can either 'abort' 'ignore' or 'retry'.

The 2 files in question are:
- gtaweap3.ttf
- sampaux3.ttf

Invictus

Donator
Restart your computer and delete your gta folder. Install it again and see if that works.

Direct link to 0.3.DL: https://rc-rp.com/03dl

Tell me if you still have issues.

Wesker

Restart your computer and delete your gta folder. Install it again and see if that works.

Direct link to 0.3.DL: https://rc-rp.com/03dl

Tell me if you still have issues.

Deleted everything and downloaded GTA:SA and SA:MP from the links you provided, and it fixed everything. Works perfectly now.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.