What's new

Denied Gun suggestion/Weapon license suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathers

Donator
This may of been suggested before but whateva'.

What's the point in having a firearm license if the way you have to obtain that firearm is illegally? You still need to get all the materials together, which is illegal and had consequences such as a huge fine or a prison sentence. Or if you don't do it that way - You're either doing it the other way and obtaining illegal weapons from an illegal weapons dealer. So either way you'll still get fucked for it.

I'm suggesting that the following weapons be put on sale in all Ammunations.

Country Rifle
Desert Eagle.
Shotgun (Standard)

You'd only be able to purchase the weapons if you had a firearms license. Ammunation would have a script that if you didn't have a weapons license you'd not be allowed to purchase any weapons because a message would come up saying "You do not have a firearm permit".

Now this would also mean there has to be a weapons license scripted in game. Which would be shown (if you have one) when you do /showlicenses [id]

However when applying for weapons licenses there'd be various types of license:
Mobile Permit - Allows the person to carry; Desert Eagle
Stationary Permit - These are weapons that must be kept in a house/car/business - This license covers; Shotgun (Standard), Country Rifle

If you have the "Weapons License" you'd be able to purchase all weapons from the store - However the type of license you have would be applied for to the RCSD/BCSD and if you carried weapons that were not covered by the permit you applied for - You'd be arrested and the license revoked aswell as the weapons confiscated.

To obtain a weapons license you must have no criminal record, and if you're charged with an offence whilst in possession of a weapons license Sheriffs have the ability to /revokegunlicense [id] which means your license would be removed. And you'd not be allowed to re-apply for it. This would mean you could no longer buy weapons from ammunation..

Opinions?

Icy

Gold Member
TyroneMathers said:
I'm suggesting that the following weapons be put on sale in all Ammunations.

Country Rifle
Desert Eagle.
Shotgun (Standard)
FIXED.

Now you have my support.

Mathers

Donator
Appreciated.

It just kinda' struck me as odd that although they have weapon licenses, there's no point in really owning one if you need to obtain that firearm illegally from a dealer or with illegal materials.

Plus - Detaining someone for having a weapon; it's really annoying when they claim to have a weapon license because they don't actually have one scripted in game that shows on /showlicenses & we end up needing to check the forums.

Each Sheriff's Department of Licensing would have a command available so that when people come to the Building for their weapon license, after being paid the money that the permit costs, the Sheriff would have a command like /GiveWepLicense [ID]

The part in the original thread /revokegunlicense [ID] would be able to be done by all Sheriff's.

Akira

Bronze Member
TyroneMathers said:
Each Sheriff's Department of Licensing would have a command available so that when people come to the Building for their weapon license, after being paid the money that the permit costs, the Sheriff would have a command like /GiveWepLicense [ID]

The part in the original thread /revokegunlicense [ID] would be able to be done by all Sheriff's.
I think the commissioner should have the right to "invite" the sheriff to manage the weapon licenses. and to remove that should be only avaiable for 5+ or 6+ ranks.

Mathers

Donator
Akira said:
TyroneMathers said:

I think the commissioner should have the right to "invite" the sheriff to manage the weapon licenses. and to remove that should be only avaiable for 5+ or 6+ ranks.
No. Removing a License should be available to All ranks in both Sheriff Departments. This is because if someone has a valid firearm license and have simply obtained it to break the law using that firearm, I'd be pretty pissed off knowing that if there's no Rank 5+ or 6+ that persons license isn't going to be removed, and as soon as they're released they'll be able to go right out and buy another weapon.

Icy

Gold Member
TyroneMathers said:
Akira said:
TyroneMathers said:

No. Removing a License should be available to All ranks in both Sheriff Departments. This is because if someone has a valid firearm license and have simply obtained it to break the law using that firearm, I'd be pretty pissed off knowing that if there's no Rank 5+ or 6+ that persons license isn't going to be removed, and as soon as they're released they'll be able to go right out and buy another weapon.
That's what jail is for!

Mathers

Donator
Icy_Blight said:
TyroneMathers said:
Akira said:
TyroneMathers said:

That's what jail is for!
I know, but think about it - Say if it was made that only high ranks could revoke someone's license, and someone who has a weapons license has used their license simply to obtain firearms and break the law, if there was no high ranks on to revoke it and there was only low ranks on, after that person is released from jail - They'll be able to go right out and buy another.

Status
Not open for further replies.