Guide : You and Your Advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower
Hello again, this time we'll be tackling the fine art of advertising over the server.
I'm sure most of you have seen large amounts of unrealistic/epically retarded adverts during your time online like..
Buying an eagle found in the desert.
Buying toy guns like AK-47 for my kids.
Selling [M]y [A]pple-scented [T]ruck eat.

Now, whenever somebody posts one of these - 100% of the server know what they are talking about!
When you're going to buy something of illegal nature, you should at least put in an acceptable amount of effort in hiding it!
Don't be surprised if the FBI or SASP come down on you, confiscate all the things you've worked hard for and jail you for a long time.

Now you don't want that, and adding a few lines of creativity and wit to your /adverts will give you a higher chance of avoiding that.
And if you're willing to go the extra mile for realism, DON'T post an advert at all.
NOBODY, I mean NOBODY posts advertisements that is viewable by the general public that exhibits illegal activity.
Anyway, that is too good to be true.. so at least post some decent ones.

Here, I'll be listing a few examples of good adverts regarding the illegal/legal trade, also buying/selling respectively.

Guns
Buying a licensed Desert Eagle/Shotgun. Bring the necessary papers and we'll straighten it out.((Buying))
We will host a showcase of antique guns at 1pm. Invitations are limited! Call me now at ((Selling))

Materials
Looking for a 'brick' and 'tile' supplier for the completion of my wonderful home. Please call ((Buying))
[4SALE] Quality building materials. Call us now and enjoy free delivery service!((Selling))

Robberies
Hiring experienced actors for an indie movie to be 'shot' in a bank. Call or SMS me for details

Cocaine
Ordering large stocks of Johnson's baby powder sold at it's suggested retail price. Call or SMS((Buying))
Selling the finest beauty powder from Jamaica, bulk orders receive a 20% discount! Call us now at((Selling))

Weed
Missing Person : MaryJane. Last seen in green clothing. If found, contact((Buying))
Your lawn looking bland and lifeless? Call us up and we'll hook you up with as much grass as you need!((Selling))

Vehicles
Buying a cheap, second hand car under $30,000. Call me now and we'll talk about the details. ((Buying))
Selling an antique 1947 Windsor, mint condition. Comes with leather seats and a stunning white interior. Send offers to((Selling))

Show your creativity! I'm sure you'll think of even better adverts when you give it a try :)

Post your comments below.
If you think I've missed anything, feel free to point it out. Thank you for reading.

Eew

Donator
IG Faction
Civilian
I
Love
Your
Guides!

Fantastic guide, Fleur!
Hopefully we'll see less "Buying an AK-47 toy gun" adverts now :)

IG Name
Robby Wilkinson
/StickThis

--

So that's the guide you've been doing after you've raped me :twisted:

IG Name
Alexander_Hamilton
IG Faction
The Continental Army
/suppor-
Oh this is a guide.
Anyway, yea, this is awesome and so true. Anytime I see "[9] [M]agic [M]uffens I want to lure the person and kill them.
Also, I wish people would be more RP about selling stuff like that. I (before I became a legal guy) used do deals underneath bridges. You know what I want to see? Drug dealers on street corners. It would really give off the atmosphere of "You got the stuff? Yea it's right here." kinda deals. Where people would RP that this is actually a drug deal, not a car buying. They have to RP getting the bags/whatever out of their truck, in a secluded place. I mean, material deals right next to the Montgomery PD?! Maybe I should write a guide about where to do illegal deals...hmmm...

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower
True, I wish the SASP and FBI would do active busts on these guys so they can learn from their mistakes RPly as well.

Seeker

Platinum Member
IG Name
Mahone/Banks/Celestino
IG Faction
SASP/G/Smith Industries
+10.Sticky this.
Good job Fleur ;d.

Duff

Donator
I'd like to see more of the idiot ads dealt with ICly and not by an admin, kick&ban doens't teach them the lesson, whereas a jail sentance, fine and confiscation of product would and they'd get the chance to RP with some players, giving them experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.