What's new

[GUIDE/TUTORIAL] ALT+TAB Black Screen Fix.

rad

Head of Legal Factions
Lead Administrator
ODCQIHX.png

Okay, so I found out about this a while ago when messing with my game files. I've seen a lot of videos on youtube of people doing things like making the game run in compatibility mode with Windows 98 and lots of other things, which in most cases, never work. This has worked for pretty much everyone I've shown it too so I hope this helps a lot of you.

[legend=#1569C7Infomation.]#FFFFFFfffHere is the link to the ENB file. http://enbdev.com/mod_gtasa_v0158.htm

You just simply do what I did in the video, just place the file into your GTA directory.

Don't worry if you can't run ENB's, this won't effect your performance at all. All this file does is force your GTA SA into fullscreen mode- therefore eliminating the black screen bug caused by ALT+TABBING. There's just a couple things you should know:

Never put the d3d9.dll fle into any of your system files.

It will take a little longer to alt+tab in and out of the game, maybe one or two seconds more, nothing too drastic.

If you need some assistance, feel free to message me on the forums or poke me on teamspeak.[/legend]

IBEX157

Donator
Permission to go into the cookie jar has been granted to "Tomato"

Nice guide.

Matty

Donator
installing the gta_sa.exe us 1.0 instead of the eu one fixed the alt tab bug for me, but i get 15 fps instead of 60