• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Guide to reduce your FPS lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Faction
Civilian
<hr />
1. Lower your graphic settings.

Switch on your GTA San Andreas, in the menu, access your Options/Display Setup panel -> Advanced.
├óÔé¼┬ó Lower your draw distance to it's lowest level.
├óÔé¼┬ó Set your frame limiter to OFF.
├óÔé¼┬ó Set your visual FX quality to low.

<hr />
2. Perform an anti-virus scan.

Browse google and download an anti-virus software which could help you eliminating all the viruses which are a cause of increasing your FPS lag.

<hr />
3. Modifications.

Remove all your modifications which are not needed. They are a big cause of increasing your FPS lag.
├óÔé¼┬ó I highly recommend you to re-install your GTA San Andreas if you do not have a backup of your gta3.img

<hr />
4. Gamebooster

Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, an awesome application I've found by browsing google.
├óÔé¼┬ó Access http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
├óÔé¼┬ó Install it and run it then switch to gaming mode. Don't forget to defrag your GTA SA folder.

<hr />Thread will be updated soon enough with more information.
<hr />

IG Faction
Civilian
Hey, contributions allowed? ;D

If you're a appearance queen, and you use Areo at all, Setting your theme to 98 can actually clear up a lot of RAM Space.
Setting the priority can speed up the game engines performance drastically, However if you use a external media player, You're best off setting that to high as well, otherwise your music will skip a TON during the game. Don't set shit to realtime though..

IG Name
Charles_Livingston
IG Faction
Civilian
Nice guide, I've been looking for game booster! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.