What's new

[GUIDE] Tips & Tricks on Fishing (IC and OOC)

Moneko

Diamond Member
For those who're having problems on how to comprehend about some of thefishing tips. Here's an obvious situation you can take a word for.

Never. EVER store a whale inside the crate. I mean never. I already added it there LONG time ago.

Moneko

Diamond Member
Since I can't edit anything on MY own tutorial, I am going to add the bait and rod assumption to know how many baits you should buy before fishing with your boat. Also I'll include time to make sure you guys won't have any troubles understanding how fishing is "FUN" as I quote it from dex himself while he was trying to see if I am using a binds while fishing or not ;)

Let's start with the summary.

* small crates can store 100 fishes inside the crate. Necessary to buy a 100 bait or rod only? not exactly.

You see, statistics say that your luck is based on how much fish you gathered along with the trash you get while fishing. Like flat tires, rusty cans, moneybag with $0 inside, dead fish, etc. so you need to know that each crate won't mean anything because it depends on what your crate can store and how many baits or rods you should bring while fishing because you REALLY CAN'T AVOID these shit thanks to Bill Riley dumping his truck on the sea, according in his talk show.

Let's start with smaller crates.

100 fishes is around 300/350/400 fishing rods or baits. (Approximate time to fill: 1+ hours)

300 - if you feel very lucky with that amount. (recommended)
- if you're not very sure about your luck and wants to push it.
400 - only applicable if your luck is so shit. Look at the bright side, if you fill your crate with 100 fishes, you still have some rods and baits left.

Medium crates.

250 fishes is around 600/650/700 fishing rods or baits. (Approximate time to fill: 2+ hours)

600 - Making sure this amount of baits is enough especially if you're fishing away from the Palomino Creek to avoid any pirates.
650 - To double check if it's enough to make it to 250 fishes. (recommended)
- if you don't feel that lucky and really wants to BE sure about it.

Now for the large crates.

500 fishes is twice the amount of the previous fishes mentioned above. It's around 1,200/1,250/1,300+. (Approximate time to fill: 3+ hours)

1,200 - Twice the amount of baits than the medium crates, it really hit a huge number. Must really be trashy out there, ain't it?
1,250 - My own personal experience. Sometimes I get short on baits and rods even I buy 1,200 baits thanks to seaweeds and trash.
1,300+ - Highest point. I buy more than 1,300 baits just to be sure I won't run out of baits or rods while fishing away from Palomino.

Dann

Donator
Hey man, Just saw all the replies about only fishing to start up your RP, total bullshit in my eyes, Fishing is not just to make money to start off, Firstly, My character Don Claude lives out in bayside, which is a seaside town, Why wouldn't I go fishing? Many people that I know on the server also RP being a fisherman, there is nothing wrong with fishing all day to make some money. Honestly, if people are here to reply saying that fishing is only for starting up, just leave, don't bother wasting your time, Keep up the good work mate

Kroze

Gold Member
This helped me alot xD
Thanks Mate.

Attachments

• chess-game-gif.gif
    chess-game-gif.gif
    277.1 KB · Views: 0

Modex_Boeki

Donator
Wow, this guide actually could give meaning to my character. I could sell my Buffalo, this would greatly help to my drink and drive issues, because i would be drunk at sea and endanger only myself and whales..
In other words: Great guide!! Thanks!

snorman95

Bronze Member
I fish all the time too! That's pretty much %80 of my time on the server is fishing, How-ever my reasoning is different. I can't say I agree with the whole fish fish fish no RP. But I RP a Fishermen, A Captain of a Vessel. I then ICly hire hands, So other fishermen who perhaps don't own a boat and are looking for work. In real life these Fishermen are paid hourly regardless if what we catch is profitable or un-profitable. I hold the same concept when RPing. So when some people perceive hiring other fishers as a "scam" because we make more money. It's actually just roleplaying realistically and hiring yourself a crew and going out to sea!

I agree if your going with friends then sharing the entire crate may be an agreement you make, But from a Captains view. Your fishermen are on a hourly wage, If you go out and catch nothing.... You still pay them. If you go out and catch a Whale... They still get their hourly wage, You may how-ever be kind enough to throw them a bonus :)

Melly

Donator
Useful guide. Although my friend already taught me about fishing, it was still a good read.