[GUIDE] Tips & Tricks on Fishing (With Pictures)

Tyr0n

Gold Member
IG Name
Louise Beethoven
IG Faction
Girls' Symphony
Hello, as you may know. My experience with RC-RP is all about fishing and being a hippie or a loner (I mean my char is a loner lol). So, I suppose someone already made a guide about the things you need to know about fishing, which is this - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=152547 but what exactly is there to know while fishing? well, this topic explains everything about that.

Fishing comes with location. Now where exactly do you fish if you don't have a boat? Anywhere (because they updated it to be like that)

Here are some example on how you fish on Palomino Creek or perhaps anywhere.

1. If someone fish at the boat. I suggest you don't follow them at the boat while fishing. Find a suitable ground to stand on. Doesn't matter where, but there are some ledges on Palomino Creek that can stand on.

Why is this necessary? because when you're fishing on the boat, you'll have to swim your way up and jump. Now on some cases you'll get stuck in water due to the map's displacement regarding the Palomino Bay's sand area because it's a rocky theme beach. While standing on a ground near the Reefer fishing, you just simply run towards the bait store without worrying about swimming your way back & fourth and consume a lot of time by doing so.

2. Always talk with someone fishing with you at the fishing area.

Why? because we all know fishing can get boring. Why not talk to some people OOCly and discuss something cool. Or better yet place a boombox there and hit some music while fishing.

3. If you don't have a boat license, ask someone to drive and stand there. Tell him not to move the boat around or not to AFK.

Because if the boat driver is AFK, tendency that every passenger or cliff fishers are affected by it because sometimes if the driver or passenger is AFK, the boat usually shakes around.

4. Never. EVER FISH without a boat.

Obviously you don't. Do you really expect to get a whale or bigger fish there? no. You're stuck with Cods, Dog Fish, or Cat Fish which gives a less amount of money than fishing on the Public Reefer.

5. If you happen to get a whale on the Public Reefer like I did before (didn't bragged about it), don't brag or wipe it on the other fisher's faces.

Be humble, you're lucky enough to catch your first whale. You don't have to brag about "OH I GOT A WHALE SUCKAS" and trash talks everyone while fishing. It'll lessen their fishing morale and instead do something to earn money while fishing. As someone who caught a whale, you have to encourage them that someday they'll catch a whale.

6. Don't rent a boat just to fish on other location.

Renting a boat cost 1k for Reefer and 1.5k for Tropic. And guess what? you can't store crates on them. Not that you wasted your money, you also wasted your precious time coming back to the docks again just to sell those fish.

7. Watch out for any pirates. They will steal your fish earnings out of you or kill you instead.

Come on, who likes pirates. You'll end up like that poor guy.

8. Keep on hoping to get a whale.

Instead of being discouraged that you never caught a whale in your time playing on this server, keep hoping. Even if you're fishing anywhere without a boat (lol) or at the Public Reefer. You shouldn't give up as Whale gives a huge amount of money for you to decide your life decisions or maybe change it.

For someone with a boat, here are some tips and tricks.

1. Find a suitable fishing location.

Yes, this is a must. You don't want anyone to bother you as you're a very loner char. Or maybe you could ask some friends to fish with you privately and share the earnings.

2. For a small boat, you'll get a decent amount of money just an hour for fishing. Which means for the other larger sized boats as well.

Alright this is going to get a little complicated to apprehend.

Dinghy cost 200k at the boat dealership. It can store small crate that cost 2k. You get 20k from fishing per hour or less. I'd say around 18k+ while medium sized boat such as Speeder or Squalo can store a medium sized crate as well. And they are more expensive than the Reefer and Tropic that holds larger crates.

How do you earn 20k per hour when you're using a dinghy? isn't the normal rate for fishing in a dinghy is usually just 13k+? no. You're counting the money bags that you get too. I usually get around 10k moneybag per fishing in a dinghy for an hour. Imagine if you're fishing on a better boat.

If Dinghy can store a small crate and makes 20k per hour. A small fishing crate can hold 100 fishes and cost around 13k+ (not counting the moneybag part) so if you get a Medium Sized boat, it'll reach up to let's say.. 39k for a 5k crate that holds 300 fishes. Which is seemingly fair for that amount. Larger boats can carry up to 500 fishes. Adding it up from a small crate rate, which is 13k+ the earnings will be higher from any lower sized crates which means you earn 65k for a 10k crate.

The problem here is the exact time. If a Dinghy can get full for fishing in an hour, imagine on a bigger boat with a larger crate.

Tip here? get a friend or hire someone to fish with you. You can both collect the earnings and if you both agree to give the money to the owner or whatever the reason is, agree to it so fishing will be faster. I don't recommend making another master account for this in case if you have both PC or Laptop because that's a bannable offense.

3. Stay away from Palomino Creek.

You can't fish at Palomino Creek on the cliff-side area. Because you can't. You just can't.

4. Find a more secluded place to fish. Don't show off at middle of the ocean showing off your boat or whatever because you'll have a risk on being pirated.

You'll end up like this stupid hippie fishing at the side of Palomino Creek. He also has his fishing crate being stolen as well.

5. Keep hoping for a whale.

Even if you have a boat, you're still fishing for that whale. Never stop believing to catch a whale. Never.

6. If you caught a whale. DON'T PUT IT inside the fishing crate.

Maybe there's a pirate roaming around your fishing ground after you caught a whale. Just don't, Drive to your nearest parking spot or to the fishing shop and sell it right away. Run towards the Palomino Bank and deposit it. Then you can PM your friends OOCly that you caught a whale and later ICly call them.

7. If your fishing crate is full, keep on fishing for another 5 fishing slots.

Don't waste the chance on not to fish while your crate is full, there's always a chance for you to fish even if your crate is full. You can sell those afterwards for extra profit at the bait store.

Baha

Silver Member
IG Name
hammer
IG Faction
♪~j'ai quitté mon village~♪
But let me ask a question, how much time are you going to spend fishing to get back that 200k of the Dinghy?

Tyr0n

Gold Member
IG Name
Louise Beethoven
IG Faction
Girls' Symphony
Baha said:
But let me ask a question, how much time are you going to spend fishing to get back that 200k of the Dinghy?
10 hours. Since 5 hours = 100k tops.

It gets deadly boring and lonely though.

The rate of bigger boats such as tropic, marquis, or reefer is 65k+ per fish. Sometimes it hits 70k depending on weigh. The moneybag rate is higher if you grind long enough per se 2 or more hours and you earn 20k/30k which earns 80k/90k tops - 10k for a large crate = around 80k or 70k. It still depends on your luck though.

Since I own a tropic now, it usually takes 3 - 5 hours to fill all the crate with fishes still depending on your fish luck.

I would update this topic about the rods or bait fee on each boats and required amount to get started on fishing soon.

Tyr0n

Gold Member
IG Name
Louise Beethoven
IG Faction
Girls' Symphony
LeGGGeNNdA said:
Dude, you're supposed to fish for money to start up so you can get to RP. If a player's purpose in RCRP is to fish all the time to earn money he might as well head off right now.
I know a guy who still does this aside from me though. Jaquan Davis :wavebye:

Tyr0n

Gold Member
IG Name
Louise Beethoven
IG Faction
Girls' Symphony
Hawks said:
Tyr0n said:
LeGGGeNNdA said:
Dude, you're supposed to fish for money to start up so you can get to RP. If a player's purpose in RCRP is to fish all the time to earn money he might as well head off right now.
I know a guy who still does this aside from me though. Jaquan Davis :wavebye:
this one suits u better than rcrp https://www.amazon.com/Deadliest-Catch- ... S2S0Y?th=1
I do play some other fishing games such as that Championship Bass from PS1 and this server to be exact.

Tyr0n

Gold Member
IG Name
Louise Beethoven
IG Faction
Girls' Symphony
Some tips has been updated due to the recent server updates regarding fishing. I'll be a Mathematical Picasso soon to estimate each baits and rods you need for each boat or crate and total expenses or tricks on how to avoid overspending on them.

IG Name
hamada
IG Faction
yes
I can't figure out if this is satire or an actual guide, but i think that this is wrong in so many ways...