Guide : Server commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower
As all of us know RCRP has one of the best scripts out there, if not the best one.
So I decided to make this guide which will hopefully increase your enjoyment of the server, through our custom script.
Everybody should know how to use /me and /do properly, but what about other commands?
RCRP has many unique and interesting commands which YOU can use to maximize your RP and overall game experience!

This is just a short list of the commands that are less-known, but useful - both IC and OOC.

/appearance and /describe
This is a command I love, and is rarely even used on the server.
During my whole stay, I've only seen this used once or twice!
/appearance sets your character's physical description, which can be seen by other people by typing in /describe <Your ID>.
This is extremely useful, not only for RP but also for when you are carrying any bags/pouches. Why?
Let's say your /appearance is set to "Early 30s, a half shaved mustache and quite tall. Wearing a backpack."
And you have binds like "/me zips his backpack open, taking out an MP5.", everything is consistent and no ass-pulling!
People would be using both commands actively.

/ame
/ame is pretty much a silent /me, meaning to say it doesn't show up on GTA's chatlog.
It shows up above the user's head written in purple font. Don't worry if you don't see it when you do it - other people do.

/inventory
This is a very useful command which shows you what items you currently have on your character.
The list includes cellphone battery information, drugs, materials, clothes, cigarettes.. heck even the amount of lighter fluid!

/changespawn ang /changenoobspawn
These commands are pretty self-explanator.
/changespawn gives you the ability to choose between noob, faction HQ, owned house, motel and the 'rented/move in' house.
These correspond to numbers 1-5 respectively.
(Note: If you type /changespawn, there's no #5. But typing '/changespawn 5' will make you spawn at the 'rented/move in' house.)
/changenoobspawn gives you the ability to choose your noobspawn location.
You can choose between the Blueberry Caravans, North Caravan Park and Montgomery Trailers.
(Note: After you /changenoobspawn, remember to '/changespawn 2' so you spawn at the noobspawn)

/pinfo and /rinfo
/pinfo shows the number, remaining credit/balance, remaining battery and status of your phone.
/rinfo displays the status of your radio and what frequency it is tuned to. Quite useful.

/paystranger
Stuck in a deal and you don't know their ID because they're masked? Fear no more because RCRP has a /paystranger command.
It basically behaves the same way as /pay, but you use their stranger ID instead.

/factiononline
This command opens up a new screen in your GTA, where you can browse how many members of a certain faction is online.
Note that you can't find their names.

/s(hout) and /l(ow)
/s is IC chat command four shouting. Shouts are displayed in orange font and can be heard further away than other IC chats.
Useful when you want to say what you want to say, LOUDLY! Mix this with caps and see what you get, lol.
/l on the other hand is the IC chat command for being quiet. /l can only be heard by people who are near you.
Useful whenever you're in those sneaky situations.

Got anything I missed that you feel should be added? Post it below. Thanks for reading.

IG Name
Jason Strecker
IG Faction
Red Juggernaut Squad
I think a majority of these are commonly used except for a few.

Not saying it's a bad guide just most of these are common sense sort of things.

Tetra

Donator
IG Name
Bernard Falcon
IG Faction
Bone County Trucking LTD
Matthew_Cole said:

I see "how do I see the how many members a faction has online" and "how do I pay a stranger" and thinkgs like that on /n daily. most of hte commands in this guide don't appear anywhere on the /help menu.

Good job fleur

IG Name
Jason Strecker
IG Faction
Red Juggernaut Squad
Tetra said:
Matthew_Cole said:

I see "how do I see the how many members a faction has online" and "how do I pay a stranger" and thinkgs like that on /n daily. most of hte commands in this guide don't appear anywhere on the /help menu.

Good job fleur
Most. Some of these you can find on the /help menu.

I never said all were common sense.

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
IG Name
Edmond Bazarro
Well, the problem here is that the people that SHOULD read these guides, aren't even visiting the forums.The active members that visit the forum all the time and spend time reading almost everything - us, know about all of this, so yeah. Anyway, good job Fleur, again.

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower
I'm putting all my hope on that small, small chance where newbies chance upon the forums.
Plus, there're people getting banned, told to read guides everyday.
If they do read and learn something from it, I'll be satisfied.

JP

Donator
Sometimes I spend more time here in the Forum, than playing on the server.
Nice guide.

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
IG Name
Edmond Bazarro
Just discovered something interesting:
/charity [amount]
*You gave [amount] of your money. The amount has been added to the Lottery Jackpot [ex: 10682$]"
Or something like that.

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower
This one is far from epic, but thanks anyway =)
I mostly wanted to give /describe and /appearance the spotlight, but ended up throwing a bunch of stuff in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.