What's new

[GUIDE] Roleplaying Drug Effects CORRECTLY

Kek

Silver Member
Nice guide.

Should RCRP have more drugs, scriptly?

Edit: Just replying to someone

Happyhippy said:
then you got your psychadelics. These cause overload of seratonin in the brain which causes the user to either feel in complete terror or in pure enlightenment, either way it causes insanity and for you to act like some wacked out hippie, yeah its pretty fun though lol. Examples of these are LSD, magic mushrooms, peyote.

Just a little comment on this, the visuals and different mind set from psychedelics aren't fully from serotonin. Serotonin is a natural chemical in your brain that regulates your mood (Infact you must have mixed trip drugs with uppers, uppers flood your brains with the "feel good chemical". This is why, when you do MDMA or other uppers like meth or coke, you can wear your serotonin receptors out causing "serotonin syndrome" - you feel depressed for a looong time after a binge).

The visuals from psychedelics are from the actual substances in the drug. In shrooms its stuff like psilocybin (I dont even know how to pronounce that).

Side note: You CAN get "hallucinations" when on uppers. But this is when you cant get sleep and have been up for 3-4 days. This is because your brain is actually very, very tired. Sleep is very important and lack of sleep is incredibly unhealthy.

Stay safe out there!

ziplo

Donator
John_Marks said:
Nice guide.

Should RCRP have more drugs, scriptly?

Edit: Just replying to someone

Happyhippy said:
then you got your psychadelics. These cause overload of seratonin in the brain which causes the user to either feel in complete terror or in pure enlightenment, either way it causes insanity and for you to act like some wacked out hippie, yeah its pretty fun though lol. Examples of these are LSD, magic mushrooms, peyote.

Just a little comment on this, the visuals and different mind set from psychedelics aren't fully from serotonin. Serotonin is a natural chemical in your brain that regulates your mood (Infact you must have mixed trip drugs with uppers, uppers flood your brains with the "feel good chemical". This is why, when you do MDMA or other uppers like meth or coke, you can wear your serotonin receptors out causing "serotonin syndrome" - you feel depressed for a looong time after a binge).

The visuals from psychedelics are from the actual substances in the drug. In shrooms its stuff like psilocybin (I dont even know how to pronounce that).

Side note: You CAN get "hallucinations" when on uppers. But this is when you cant get sleep and have been up for 3-4 days. This is because your brain is actually very, very tired. Sleep is very important and lack of sleep is incredibly unhealthy.

Stay safe out there!
You can get visuals on MDMA even with sleep in some cases. If I smoke weed with a large dose of MDMA then I'll start tripping out, obviously nowhere near as intense as something like LSD but it can definitely be a psychedelic experience. I also know some girl who took 5 pills on her first time (roughly 900MG which is nearly a full gram of pure MDMA if it was in crystal form) and she was obviously tripping like fuck, she could see wings on cats and everything. Was mad.

paxie

Legendary Member
Ray_P said:
@Paxie: I've been smoking weed for a while (not trying to brag or anything, lot of people around have smoked at least a joint in their lives, like Ziplo stated) but it never hit me instantly, or for that matter, almost instantly as stated in the post, opposed to hash which almost every time hits me right after I smoke it (puff once, kinda already feel light in my feet - same THC, but different times to get into the system probably - don't know the specifics). If you're taking half an hour to smoke a joint, you're obviously going to have a hard time smoking it after the first 20 minutes or so, but try taking two or three puffs, passing it to someone else and then wait for the high. Yes, WAIT for the high. You wouldn't get high immediately after a few puffs, I guarantee.
Smoking a joint, especially by yourself, is a continuous event. It's not like swallowing up an X and waiting for the high to set in. While smoking a joint, you can get high in the process.. while smoking it.. you don't get that immediate high right after the first puff as I've seen oh-so-many RP it.

oh yeah i dont disagree with you, you never feel it after the first puff like people rp it

Arz0n420

I too experienced this and personally I'm glad you made a great detailed guide :D

Zakey

Silver Member
I had no idea that drugs were so popular where you guys live, I don't know anybody who's done drugs, had a weapon or anything else that might be normal to you people.
I am completely oblivious to all of this, and this guide was extremely helpful for me as it is definitely very uncommon to do drugs over here.

ziplo

Donator
No worries guys.

Thinking about updating this again shortly. :)

MikeBobson1

Gold Member
Very useful, especially the cocaine part! Now I have a better knowledge on how to RP my character's cocaine addiction. Thank you. <3