What's new

[GUIDE] Roleplaying Drug Effects CORRECTLY

ziplo

Donator
INTELLIGENCE said:
Cocaine also makes you feel like you invincibled
Does it? I've personally never felt like that when under the influence - but I'm guessing it differs from person to person.

And yeah X does make you sweat a fuck tonne, I'll add that when I get the chance.

BigFoe

Donator
Ziplo said:
INTELLIGENCE said:
Cocaine also makes you feel like you invincibled
Does it? I've personally never felt like that when under the influence - but I'm guessing it differs from person to person.

And yeah X does make you sweat a fuck tonne, I'll add that when I get the chance.
That's what I feel like when im on it. Never made me want to go and hit ppl tho

Deketa

Silver Member
Absolutely fantastic! I feel a large amount of RCRP players, and roleplayers entirely could learn lot from this; good job. :thumbup:

Ray_P

Bronze Member
This - I believe this should be stickied, I'm sick of people roleplaying drugs incorrectly... you can't force people to take drugs IRL, that'd be nuts as some of them react badly to some substances, but still... people need to know the effects of drugs when they're roleplaying taking them.

Also:
-Irritability, when on coke? Not really, that's alcohol's department, also "feeling invincible" ? Bullshit Hollywood myth. Basically, it increases your energy beyond normal levels and all the advantages that come with it. Also increases the amount of alcohol you can drink without getting drunk, for some reason.
-For weed, the effects aren't instant, at least not for the majority of strains. It differs from strain to strain, but most of the stuff that I smoked gives you a high after about 20 minutes. If that time passes and you're still not high, chances are you won't be anymore, so you need to smoke more or get another strain. Hash, on the other hand, almost always gives you instant high. This is another difference these sunday-school sissies should know: Weed =/= hash.
- Cold sweats is a must-know over at X. It isn't too significant, but it happens every damn time so you should state that.
-Paranoia occurs almost every time when smoking weed, almost EVERY time, so I don't know if it's a "bad experience" or just a regular experience.

I have never done ketamine so this info might actually help me too, I also very much appreciate that you left out the bullshit myths that you can get shoved down your throat by a Google search and told us the real effects that you've experienced yourself - kudos.

ziplo

Donator
Yeah bro, most of the shit you said is legit and needs to be added - I'll update it shortly, but:

Ray_P said:
-Irritability, when on coke?
Irritablility is a big factor when on cocaine, and it is common to get annoyed a little things that you wouldn't normally get annoyed at. This is because your thought-process is moving at a higher speed and it can be difficult to process loads of information at once, I'll give you a personal example, I was on coke and X and was at a party with friends, the music was extremely loud and I had one friend on one side of my and another friend on the other side.. They were both speaking to me at once, and I felt like I had to concentrate on the music, the things going on around me in the room, I was trying to concentrate on both of my friends at the same time and take in what they were both saying and process it simultaneously - there was also banging coming from the kitchen and I was wondering what that was too. Because I obviously wasn't sober, all the information at once was becoming too much to handle and I became really irritable, I didn't flip or anything, but I just got really really annoyed and had to go outside and calm myself down with fresh-air and the quiet.
Ray_P said:
For weed, the effects aren't instant, at least not for the majority of strains. It differs from strain to strain, but most of the stuff that I smoked gives you a high after about 20 minutes.
It 100% definitely does not take me or any of my friends that I smoke with 20 minutes to feel the effects of a joint, and I feel a bowl pretty much instantly after exhaling if I've kept it in my lungs for a while. When I smoke weed with a group of friends we're already laughing by the last few bits of the joint and I've never sat around waiting 20 minutes to feel a joint. I do believe it's true that it takes 10 - 20 minutes to feel the FULL effects of weed, but generally, by the end of a decent sized joint (0.9 or so) I'm definitely beginning to feel it.
Ray_P said:
- Cold sweats is a must-know over at X. It isn't too significant, but it happens every damn time so you should state that.
This sounds like I'm trying to brag or something and I'm 100% not, but I've taken X literally countless times, there was a point in my life where I was going to parties and taking it literally everyweekend, I'd drop upto 6 pills a night/(upto 2 grams when snorting) and I can say that I've only experienced cold-sweats on MDMA when the roll is getting too intense. Sweating? Definitely, every single fucking time without fail, huge sweat patches always appear on X which is why I used to bring a spare t-shirt to parties :lol: but feeling cold and sweating wasn't really a big occurrence for me. Feeling cold at all wasn't a big occurence for me on X at all, I remember giving my girlfriend my jacket and walking home in a t-shirt at like 3AM, not being cold at all. A few of my friends definitely get cold on E though, so I'm not ruling that out mind you. They're normally cold on E when they've 'come-up' in a cold environment.
Ray_P said:
-Paranoia occurs almost every time when smoking weed, almost EVERY time, so I don't know if it's a "bad experience" or just a regular experience.
Bro it sounds like you've got some form of anxiety if you're honestly getting paranoia EVERY SINGLE TIME you smoke weed, I'm sure someone on the forums can back me here on this, you don't get paranoia every time you smoke weed. At-least I don't. I've obviously had paranoia off weed, anyone who smokes it regularly enough will have done at-least one point in their life but I really don't think it's as common as you're saying it is here - or it's not for me anyway.
Ray_P said:
I have never done ketamine so this info might actually help me too, I also very much appreciate that you left out the bullshit myths that you can get shoved down your throat by a Google search and told us the real effects that you've experienced yourself - kudos.
Cheers bro, it's bullshit to read about drugs on google. You wanna read a trip-report from someone who's actually experienced the drug in the first-place. That's what I used to do before trying any new drug, acid, ket, even the first time I tried an E. That's also exactly why I made this guide from a personal point of view, so people are able to read about the drugs from a real human who's actually taken these said drugs.

I'm also thinking about adding acid, but how the fuck am I supposed to describe acid? It's literally indescribable, so it ketamine though. I'm not saying do drugs before anyone flames me but you really do have to try drugs like acid, ketamine and shrooms to really feel what they're like, they can't be put into words how weird and amazing the trips can be off that type of shit.

paxie

Legendary Member
less than 20 minutes to feel the high from weed lol

Ray_P

Bronze Member
@Ziplo: I'm not trying to mess up this community's idea of drug use, most of the roleplayers around react to drugs completely wrong anyway and that's why you wrote this guide, obviously.
It's pretty obvious that different drugs have different effects on different people, too. I guess we're just confusing people by telling them each of our reactions to them... so I guess it's enough if people follow some key-hints about each drug, with the option of every user reacting differently, as long as they don't roleplay getting sleepy when using cocaine or something...
@Paxie: I've been smoking weed for a while (not trying to brag or anything, lot of people around have smoked at least a joint in their lives, like Ziplo stated) but it never hit me instantly, or for that matter, almost instantly as stated in the post, opposed to hash which almost every time hits me right after I smoke it (puff once, kinda already feel light in my feet - same THC, but different times to get into the system probably - don't know the specifics). If you're taking half an hour to smoke a joint, you're obviously going to have a hard time smoking it after the first 20 minutes or so, but try taking two or three puffs, passing it to someone else and then wait for the high. Yes, WAIT for the high. You wouldn't get high immediately after a few puffs, I guarantee.
Smoking a joint, especially by yourself, is a continuous event. It's not like swallowing up an X and waiting for the high to set in. While smoking a joint, you can get high in the process.. while smoking it.. you don't get that immediate high right after the first puff as I've seen oh-so-many RP it.

Happyhippy

Hi im new on the forums and I thought I would post somewhere and I found this interesting I guess lol.

There are 3 types of distinctive drugs commonly sold on the streets. Stimulants, psychadelics, and depressents. Each having very different effects.

Drugs from the opium plant used to create Herion or morphine is a common street drug that people are hooked on, causes the user to feel lack of pain, is in pleasure, sleepy. This is examples of sedatives.. Others can be any pain killer prescription drug or alchohol.

then you got your psychadelics. These cause overload of seratonin in the brain which causes the user to either feel in complete terror or in pure enlightenment, either way it causes insanity and for you to act like some wacked out hippie, yeah its pretty fun though lol. Examples of these are LSD, magic mushrooms, peyote.

Then your stimulants, pretty much your pick-me-up drugs. Cocaine, which is inhaled up the nose causes the user to feel talkative, confident, and energetic, once thought to be a wonder drug that would cure all things in the 1800s funny enough. Other drugs like this is coffee, methanphetamine, anphetamines, etc.

how the character reacts to the drug use depends on which class of drugs hes using... something like a joint would just chill you out or whatever while hitting some meth may make you want to seek thrills and pleasurable behaviors.

ziplo

Donator
ThatOneBrat said:
/usedrug cocaine

Sweet armor.
artworks-000044823892-fjys3u-t500x500.jpg