[Guide] Roleplaying a biker

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want to roleplay a biker? That's cool. I've been doing biker roleplay since I joined the server and I absoloutly love it!
At first, roleplaying a biker may seem overwhelming while it really isn't. When roleplaying a biker a little bit of research never hurts!
Also, it's important to keep in mind that RPing a biker doesn't require you to be part of a motorcycle club.​

I will start off by explaining the so called "patch".

A motorcycle club logo or patch may appear differently, but this how most of them are organized.

Top rocker: This is the upper arch of the logo, identifying the name of the biker gang.

Colours: The centre of the patch featuring the motorcycle club's logo.

MC badge: This stands for motorcycle club and is present either left, right or at the bottom of the patch.

Bottom rocker: This is the lower arch of the logo featuring the name of the chapter, area or country that the biker belongs to.

Here's a picutre of a motorcycle club patch to visualize it.

Now, you may have noticed the "1%" badge the Fink gang member is sporting and this is an emblem OMG's (outlaw motorcycle gangs) use to illustrate that they are criminals or that they are willing to do, what they have to do for their club.

Badges can be personal achievements of the biker, his standing within the motorcycle club, deceased gang members and so on.

With the basics covered, I'd like to move onto the roleplay in general.

You shouldn't be roleplaying as a total badass, even though most bikers appear to be total badasses they are human beings too.
Just because they sport an OMG patch on their back doesn't mean they don't have emotions, they can cry, bleed and fear something too.
Your roleplay shouldn't consist of handing out beatdowns, robbing civilians and waging war on other motorcycle club's, it should be your everyday life. Even if that's getting a beer, riding around with your brothers, buying a lottery ticket or a pack of cigarettes.

When roleplaying a biker, you need to value your club, motorcycle and 'colours' (patch) above everything else. The club comes first and your motorcycle is your third leg; you don't drive it, you ride it!

"I'm a biker, what kind of motorcycle should I ride?" It's up to you, really. Most motorcycle club's are strictly for Harley Davidson riders but there is exceptions and quite a lot of them too. Even if it's a Honda Goldwing or a Ducati club, it's important to value your motorcycle as the most sacred item you own. If somebody scratch it, you better rip their heads off and have it fixed immediatly, so that other bikers won't assume you don't take care of your 'baby' (motorcycle). I ride a "Triumph TR6 Trophy" ICly.

"I get it, I'm ready to join a club!" The process of a joining a club is a long, fun one. It may take you weeks, months even, before you can put that sacred patch onto your back.

You start out as a hangaround of the club, the members think you are cool and appreciate the fact that you're hanging out with them. In this period you are oblieged to buy "supporter" clothing, supporting the club financially and visually.

After being a hangaround for a while, a vote may be cast at "church" (a weekly meeting of the motorcycle club) and you may become a "probate". Probates are trial members of the motorcycle club, only allowed to sport the bottom rocker of the patch. As a probate you are every patched member's bitch and expected to be able to assist the members of the club 24/7.

You made it, you are finally a patch after being voted in at church. You feel invincible among your new brothers and there's nothing that can stop you, being a patch doesn't mean it's time for relaxation, it means your duties as a motorcycle club member just have begun. You need to attend church, go on rides with the club, earn money for the club (legal or illegal), support your brother's and never back down from a fight.

Most motorcycle club's (OMG's at least) work as organized crime syndicates, selling narcotics and running several other illegal rackets. Motorcycle club's may also serve as bouncers, loan sharks or just regular blokes with a day to day job.

Hope this will help you develope your upcoming biker character, thanks for your time.

- Blanket.​

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
IG Name
Edmond Bazarro
Re: Roleplaying a biker

Very well written guide, good job man. Would be nice if people who are interested in MC Roleplay refer to this guide first.

Trigger

Retired Admin
IG Name
Frankie Ancelotti
IG Faction
Ancelottie Family

2Fabulous said:
Very well written guide, good job man. Would be nice if people who are interested in MC Roleplay refer to this guide first.

IG Name
Jack Tanner
IG Faction
Bum

Nice guide, just noticed one mistake(I believe it's a mistake):
It's "Prospect", not "Probate", right?(As far as I know, thats the only word, not sure if there is another aswell.)

Good overall though.

Frisker said:
Nice guide, just noticed one mistake(I believe it's a mistake):
It's "Prospect", not "Probate", right?(As far as I know, thats the only word, not sure if there is another aswell.)

Good overall though.
Depends, most motorcycle club's use prospect but probate can be used too.

Jamal_Maurice said:
(Y) Nicely done and unique.
Thanks.

2Fabulous said:
:D

Duff

Donator

Finally someone who knows how to write a guide AND roleplay a biker.

I'm proud of you son!

IG Name
Oh dear.
IG Faction
Look in-game, lazy bastard

Wow, nice guide :)

IG Name
Check Signature
IG Faction
N/A