What's new

[GUIDE] RCRP desktop shortcut

Cheesy

Gold Member

Red County Roleplay Desktop Shortcut

[legend=#499499Intro]white
This guide covers step by step with pictures how to create a desktop shortcut which you can click and be directly taken onto the server, without having to manually open the SAMP server list and press on connect. It's simple and anyone should be able to follow the guide along. I will base this on a windows system, but it is doable with other OS'es as well. I will however assume you know what you are doing then, so images shouldn't be required.

If anything is unclear, or it doesn't work - view the video at the very bottom of this post![/legend]

[legend=#499499Step 1]white
Locate the file path of your samp.exe. You can do this easily by right-clicking on your samp.exe desktop icon, clicking on "Properties" then copy the line of text out of the "Target" field. It will look something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\samp.exe" although this may vary. The important part is that it ends with "samp.exe".

3pqx4lq.jpg
[/legend]

[legend=#499499Step 2]white
Open notepad or another text editor and paste the line of text you just copied. At the end of the text line (After the quotation mark), make a single space then type the server's adress and the port (server.redcountyrp.com:7777 as of now).

It should look something like following when you are done:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\samp.exe" server.redcountyrp.com:7777
[/legend]

[legend=#499499Step 3]white
Right click on your desktop, mouse over "New" then click on "Shortcut". A window will appear. In the empty box, copy and paste the new and edited file path. Hit Next and give the shortcut an appropriate name, then click on Finish.

Paste the file path you've edited into the box circled in red below. Hit "Next", enter a name as prompted and then click on "Finish" to create the shortcut.

o35vasD.jpg
[/legend]

[legend=#499499Step 4]white
Assign a new icon to the new shortcut if you wish. I could recommend the Facebook profile picture, which you can find at RCRP's facebook page (Right click > View Image).1 Use an online icon converter, to convert the image file to a .ico format, then save the icon and assign it to the shortcut you made through the properties panel (Right click the desktop shortcut > Properties).

If you are looking to run a script(s) along with your SAMP, check out this post.[/legend]

[legend=#499499Video]white
A video showing myself doing these steps, view if there's anything I left unclear.
[/legend]
1Thanks and credits to Christopher for the idea with the Facebook profile picture.

Cheesy

Gold Member
The Exiled Prince said:
It didn't work for me dude?

Make sure you use the up-to-date IP address and port: server.redcountyrp.com:7777 alt. 188.165.139.152:7777.

Updated the main post with it too.

Cheesy

Gold Member
The Exiled Prince said:
Cheesy it didn't work do you have Skype/Teamviewer 10 I don't know how to do it? :cry:

Jump on TeamSpeak and I'll talk you through it.