• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Guide on how to pass the RP Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Mark_Fleur
IG Faction
Wannabe Mayor/Governor
Introduction

Hey guys. Recently I've seen a few people posting that they can't seem to answer all the questions right in the RP quiz you need to get 100% in to join this server, and keep claiming it's bugged. Well I can assure you that until the test changes from what is below that it isn't bugged, it's just you getting questions wrong!

Therefore I decided to post this guide, please note the word guide. I will not give you the answers in this thread, and no-one should ever give you the answers, this thread is intended to push you in the right direction. RPing is a skill acquired over a long period of time, I've been RPing for nearly 2 years now and when I joined this server I was very happy to see this test, it let me know that the people on the server at least knew the basics of RPing. Therefore if someone just gives you the answers then there is no skill involved and no point in having the damned test!

Despite having RPed for a number of years even I failed this test the first time I tried it, passing on my second go, and nearly every other player I have talked to on the server, experienced or not has failed it at one time or another. I feel there are a few red herrings, and the fact that there isn't a copy of the test on the forums on full display to help new players plan their answers, is a slight annoyance!

Therefore below is a list of all the questions in the test, then just below that is a simple breakdown of each question done by me Mark Fleur.

The Quiz

Roleplay Quiz - Question 1

What does RP stand for in terms of this server?

A - Real Play

B - Race Place

C - Role Play

D - Real Person

Please type A, B, C or D to answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roleplay Quiz- Question 2

What are the correct definitions for IC and OOC?

A- OOC: Out Of Character, IC: In Character

B- OOC: Over Occupied Character, IC: Ideal Character

C - OOC: Out Of Character, IC: Independant Character

D - OOC: Out Of Car, IC: In Car

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roleplay Quiz - Question 3

What does metagaming mean?

A - Forcing actions towards another player

B - Using a lot of metal(materials) in-game

C - Swearing in OOC chats

D - Using OOC information in IC situations

Roleplay Quiz - Question 4

What does powergaming mean?

A - Using powerfull weapons againts newbies

B - Forcing actions in RP towards other players

C - Roleplaying as a King/Queen

D - Using the predefined super powers when RPing

Roleplay Quiz - Question 5

What does DM mean?

A - Death Matching - attacking someone without a reason

B - Driving Maniacs - non RP drivers

C - Dumb Music - music that's not your taste

D - Daily Mail - the newspaper at the general store

Roleplay Quiz - Question 6

What is the proper use of /advert?

A - /advert Selling mats!!!

B - /advert buying all cocaine for max price

C - /advert Selling a new 1992 Blista Compact for 30 grand.

D - /advert Looking for a professionally trained mechanic capable of repairing bodywork, /pm me.

Roleplay Quiz - Question 7

What is the correct purpose of /n?

A - OOC chat channel but only if you are RPing

B - Get a list of everyones phone number

C - Contacting Admins

D - Newbie chat for questions related to the server only

Roleplay Quiz - Question 8

What should you do when you see someone hacking/cheating?

A - /pm the hacker and tell them to stop

B - State the player is hacking using OOC chat

C - /report the player

D - Go and kill the player

Roleplay Quiz - Question 9

Define CK, and what does it stand for?

A - Crazy Kill, going on killing rampages

B - Character Kill, killing off a character

C - Camera Kick, Admins kicking you for using the camera

D - Car Kill, get someone in your car and kill them with a gun

Roleplay Quiz - Question 10

If you ram someone on the road, and it was your fault, what should you do?

A - /shout Sorry! and drive away.

B - Get out and start punching the guy.

C - RP that you are hurt if it was a bad crash and call for a paramedic.

D - Say in /b OMG ARE YOU OKAY?

Roleplay Quiz - Question 11

When you have been killed and you then go on to kill your killer ICly, what are you doing wrong?

A - Reality Killing

B - Retard Killing

C - Revenge Killing

D - Respawn Killing

Roleplay Quiz - Question 12

What is the correct example of a proper English sentence?

A - How can I make money?

B - How can I make an money?

C - How I make the money?

D - How I can make money?

Roleplay Quiz - Question 13

What is the correct example of a proper English sentence?

A - I have eat a pizza tommorow.

B - I have ate a pizza tommorow.

C - I did eat a pizza tommorow.

D - I will eat a pizza tommorow.

Roleplay Quiz - Question 14

What is the correct spelling of the 2 words?

A - Intelligence, Expereince

B - Inteligence, Experience

C - Intelligence, Experience

D - Intelligense, Expeirience

Roleplay Quiz - Question 15

Which one of these is not an official RCRP rule?

A - No driver-shooting.

B - You may only Water Evade in a police chase.

C - No helicopter blade-killing.

D - Do not spam commands such as /report.

Mark's Breakdown

Question 1
If you can't answer this correctly then you do need to get your head down and read quite a lot of guides on roleplay and roleplay terms. This is the one time in this thread I will practically tell you the answer- check the title of the server!

Question 2
Note in this question that it doesn't matter what way around the answers is. Even though the question asks for IC then OOC it isn't a bug that all the answers state OOC then IC. Again these are 2 simple Roleplay terms that you MUST know and understand. There is a possible red herring in here so my advice to people is to take their time on this question and read both the answer for OOC and then IC, and not just base it on the answer of one or the other, but always both together.

Question 3
Metagaming(Also known as MG) is very important to understand as this is the most common complaint on any Roleplay forum between all players, whether new or veteran. I have seen people get this wrong before as there are a couple of seemingly "good" answers. My advice is read a guide! There are 2 essential terms you must know and understand on a Roleplay server: Metagame and Powergame. There is a DEFINATE difference between the two, and if you "aren't sure" whether you're getting this question right or wrong then that means you don't fully understand the terms being used and should go read a guide to make sure you do understand. Even if you pass the test 100% but didn't answer this question confidently then I would say to you that before you play much more you go find out the differences between Metagame and powergame in a guide somewhere!

Question 4
The other half of the terrible twin- Powergaming. On certain servers people define this one way, but they only use that as an explanation for what it actually is. Please make sure you're answering the question by defining the term, not giving an example of it! See Question 3 for more details and advice.

Question 5
The last of the "definition" questions. There are many DM servers about, so any SAMPer, whether and Roleplayer or not should be able to answer this, if not please refer to a guide at the bottom of this post.

Question 6
This is a slightly trickier one. As a good RPer you should be able to immediately spot 2 which don't fit the bill of an advert. For those of you who don't understand what /advert is it's a command in-game where you type /advert then an advert of what you're buying or selling or offering(eg services). This must be entirely IC, and you aren't allowed to mix IC and OOC in it at all. I have heard of MANY people rushing through this quiz and getting it wrong many times in a row especially on this question. There is a subtle difference between the 2 remaining possibilities you should have lined up in your head after eliminating the other 2. Now read them both slowly and all the way through. I cannot stress this enough!!! If people just took an extra 15seconds per question to read the whole question and all the answers fully then they could save hours of time waiting for answers on the forum. Trust me when I say it's time well spent.

Question 7
The /n channel is close enough to unique to the RCRP server. Others use something similar to it and I believe you need firsthand experience of such a system before you fully understand it. If you honestly can't answer this question have a read around and you will find what you are looking for. Equally there is a link at the bottom with some more information on /n.

Question 8
Now hacking is a big issue on many servers but not so much on RCRP I feel. Nevertheless you will need to know how to deal with it, some guides around the place may deal with the issue, but it's really common sense if you read all the options. Again you may be able to find this somewhere else in a guide, the process is the same on most other servers as well.

Question 9
Ok we├óÔé¼Ôäóre back to RP terminology again, you can find this in one of the guides looking about- don├óÔé¼Ôäót guess this one! Make sure you├óÔé¼Ôäóre 100% sure as to what this is and don├óÔé¼Ôäót take guesses, there are several feasible conclusions if you guess this one, but guessing will cause all sorts of issues! Just check a guide if you aren├óÔé¼Ôäót 100% on this one.

Question 10
This should be an easy one for anyone, you must remember that this is a roleplay server so you must act like you would do in real life at all times with no exceptions, hard to give advice on this one without giving it away really, but if you get it wrong then check some ├óÔé¼┼ôhow to├óÔé¼┬Ø guides, like the one linked at the bottom and it will help you no end!

Question 11
Ok this is slightly more difficult than just saying what an acronym means as you have to work out the acronym first! I don├óÔé¼Ôäót think I├óÔé¼Ôäód really be giving it away by saying that it├óÔé¼Ôäós RK if that helps you out. Only one of those terms is used in RP servers often, so if you hear one getting used a lot then that├óÔé¼Ôäós most likely it. If you haven├óÔé¼Ôäót heard of any of them then the terminology guides at the bottom are your friend!

Question 12
Ok proper English, this is pretty simple for me as I am English and it├óÔé¼Ôäós my first language, so it may be hard to explain. Make that very hard. If you don├óÔé¼Ôäót know much English then how you got this far into the guide surprises me thoroughly. If it├óÔé¼Ôäós a second, third, fourth etc language then this may cause you some issues. What you have to remember here primarily is how you refer to an object (plural noun), money in this case, when it starts with a consonant such as M.
I├óÔé¼Ôäóm sorry I can├óÔé¼Ôäót be of more help to you non-English speakers here!

Question 13
Now again English speakers will excel. Here we are looking at the tense that the words are in and making sure that they all match up. All the sentences end with the word ├óÔé¼┼ôtomorrow├óÔé¼┬Ø which implies that the prior words need to be in the future tense, only in one of them does the whole sentence make sense, so if you can├óÔé¼Ôäót work out which one it is check the words out online in your first language to understand what the sentence is trying to say- it may help you.

Question 14
Alas the question that caught me out! Now here specifically be careful reading the words, in the SAMP text when two L├óÔé¼Ôäós in lower case are next to each other they can seem to merge and this is what I missed out! So it is my suggestion that you read the question written above in the test- I made sure to squint and peer at it when copying it out, so I├óÔé¼Ôäóm 100% sure that it├óÔé¼Ôäós correct up there and you can decide on an answer now. If you find this an issue then just look for the dictionary link at the bottom of the page and have a wander through there to find the correct spellings!

Question 15
Now many people believe this question is bugged when they first do the test. Those who think it is bugged- you are 100% wrong. As I said above, read all the question and then all the answers slowly. This question asks which one is NOT a rule on the server. Now go through the list and 3 of the answers will be rules and 1 will be something made up. All 4 will initially seem like rules, but read each one carefully and examine the way they are laid out as sentence and what they actually mean! 2 of them should stand out as obvious rules and therefore should be discounted, then work on the other 2 and see which one is and which isn├óÔé¼Ôäót in the server rules! Find the link to the server rules below.

Further information

And that should be it! If you used this to pass your test and it helped then feel free to give me a thanks/vote up somewhere on the forums for it :) Equally if you are an older player who has already done the test and feel that I gave too much information away in the explanation of a question then feel free to PM me the question number and your issue with it and I will see that it is dealt with immediately if necessary- I am only human!

Equally don├óÔé¼Ôäót spam this thread with requests of ├óÔé¼┼ôWhat is the answer to Question __├óÔé¼┬Ø or ├óÔé¼┼ôIt├óÔé¼Ôäós definitely bugged├óÔé¼┬Ø. We aren├óÔé¼Ôäót and won├óÔé¼Ôäót give you any answers, that is what this guide if for and secondly this guide is to prove that it is not bugged. As well as not posting here, don├óÔé¼Ôäót forum PM me or try and e-mail me IRL to ask me the answers, I still won├óÔé¼Ôäót tell you there. My advice is just go slow and use the guides and hints and tips I have posted throughout this thread and if you fail just come and plans your answers using the text copy of the test above and reading my explanation to each question.

Finally remember that the test will take you all the way through to the last question even if you got one of the first questions wrong, so don├óÔé¼Ôäót always blame the last question when you fail the test, you may even get below 14/15 if you fail, so you could have got 2 or more wrong. Remember you must get EVERY question right to pass this test so don├óÔé¼Ôäót go on about an individual question when your final score says you have got more than 1 wrong.

Best of luck to all you guys and gals taking the test!

Useful links
Basic Roleplay terminology help
More terminology help
A guide I quite like the look of that gives good RP examples including the use of commands correctly
/n Help
Dictionary/spelling help
Server Rules

Note: I did not make any of the above guides, they are merely reference points I found on the forum (and in one case off the forum) which I feel will help you a) Pass the quiz b) Help you and your RPing skills and knowledge.
If any of the writers of any of the guides wish for their guide to be removed from this list, or if you have made a guide which you feel would help cover some of the questions which aren├óÔé¼Ôäót already covered and it isn├óÔé¼Ôäót posted then please mail me and I will remove it as you wish or review it and add it if I feel it is helpful.

End note:
I actually got the test from another area of the forum from someone who copied their chat log, I just removed all their answers and edited it into an easily readable version. Any spelling mistakes in the test itself are either intentional or are actually in the test as put there accidentally by Alec so please don├óÔé¼Ôäót say I├óÔé¼Ôäóm a poor copier. If in-fact any of the questions are copied wrongly and you have evidence to prove that this old battered chat log was wrong PM me proof of it and I will change it and give you a mention below for helping in this guide :)

-Mark

Rich

Donator
IG Name
Raymond Campbell
Nice guide, as it doesn't just spam the answers.

Alec

Retired Admin
IG Name
Alec_Rae
IG Faction
Civilian
Great guide, I have stickied it so people know where to go in a "THE TEST IZ BUGGED!" situation or when they are finding a question hard.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Mark_Fleur
IG Faction
Wannabe Mayor/Governor
Enzoforce said:
Nice guide, as it doesn't just spam the answers.
No point in giving them the answers if you want a nice RP server! If you hand the answers out on a plate then you may as well remove the test! And that would ruin the server I feel.

Do mods/admins like it? Well I press post and see Alec has stickied it :D haha Thanks a lot Alec :D

Muys

Donator
IG Name
Daniel Muys
IG Faction
Elite Trucking Corporation
Great guide, I'm glad that Alec stickied this.

Bogdan

Silver Member
Good one Mark. We need more guys like you around here who enjoy writing something usefull for the others.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Mark_Fleur
IG Faction
Wannabe Mayor/Governor
Bogdan said:
Good one Mark. We need more guys like you around here who enjoy writing something usefull for the others.
Thanks mate :) I enjoy writing long things (Yes I'm a freak ;) ) But I like it if it's useful and if it gets me some respect amongst the other players in the community! :)

IG Name
Treyvon_Carter
IG Faction
Civilian
Good guide /thumbsup

maybe the noobs will leave us alone and learn to read a guide :D

Status
Not open for further replies.