[Guide] Making yourself known

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

Donator
IG Name
Dominic
Hello fellow RC-RP players, today in this guide I just want to go over a few things that can secure a position in RP with you, or put you in a place during your time on RCRP. That's establishing yourself to the General Public. Likewise, it's much easier to get yourself known as a Criminal more than a cop or something of that manner, I do know people that RP'd successful business men and gained a high deal of respect. Other than that let's jump into this topic.

Starting Off
Firstly if this is a brand new character and no one knows it might be you OOCly, keep it that way. It might keep the RP much more serious around you, and you can greatly achieve success hiding behind your characters face ICly. It's always good to find a new set skills of RP to bring into your characters life. When I mean NEW I mean don't be the typical I am a Retired US Marine bullshit. Everyone RP's something like that. If you're a criminal you could start your character as a Criminal who just evaded the cops and is trying to lay low in a Palomino Creek flat selling drugs just to get by. When I mean by that, you should always be spooked by some law enforcement. Like if you were hanging out at the General Store, and a cop comes by. You might do a /me tucks his head, bringing his hood up more over his head, as he swiftly walks around the corner into the tightly darkened alleyway. Now, once you have a nice set of UNIQUE RP brought into your character it's time to start meeting people, and conducting RP in Public. Now don't stretch this to far, try promoting yourself or selling your good, offering a service etc. Once you start to meet people, associate yourself with them if they're alike you. That means if you're a criminal don't hang around a rich businessmen. Hang around maybe someone who is much more poor and maybe on the same boat as yourself. If you begin to interest people rather quickly with your new RP, and people like it; They might start to come and try to RP with you more. Getting to know people is a really good way to become known. Since they'll tell their friends about you. Next, and which is probably the most important part of getting known is a symbol or a sign that you were here. It might be as little as slipping a 100$ bill into your good, or shooting the person in cold blood and branding him with something. It varies. Normally, as a Criminal your sign might represent that you want respect. That you are wanting to get realized that you aren't a joke. Maybe as a Rich business man, you sign your name a certain way and treat everyone in the meeting with a fantastic dinner. People might want to RP with you to experience what your symbol or representation is. I find that this is a great lure for people to find you, and it is really really really really effective to act mysterious as you're doing it. Never fight to get known, always try and deny getting known until it hits you. That's when you should expand some of your RP and start doing bigger and more badder things.

My old Character Dominic Styles started off dealing small time drugs, holding up small General stores, and doing small things. Once I met a lot of people, got myself known, started doing larger heists, and worked my way around Businessmen. I soon started RP'ing that I bought a sports car, modified the trunk, and ran drugs from Bone County to Red County. I'd drop them off, get paid and continue on with my RP. It was a really good way of getting known, so that people know my driving skills etc. Other than that, you shouldn't really reveal yourself OOCly until you know that people won't care, or won't blow off your RP if they know who you are. What I mean is if you're RP'ing with a friend, and normally if they know it's you they'll just not worry about RP'ing around you. So don't inform them that it is you until they need to know. If you're going to take on the Legal/Semi-illegal side of things it's always really really good to have a lot of money. Let's say that you RP a scamming businessman that steals billions each year from Fortune 500 Companies. Before you even start RPing that bullshit it's always good to get some kind of fortune. AKA a house, nice car, money. Don't be afraid to give away 500$ here, and another 300$ there. It makes people think that you are stacked with millions. But as a Scamming business man, you could host a meeting with some scumbag billionaires and act as if you're promoting a product, but get a squad of Goons to act like they're robbing the place, get the rich guys to sign over millions. In the process you could act like you're being robbed as well, but in the end you're taking home a huge cut, and paying the goons who helped you. It's a win win for everyone. Well not for everyone as the businessmen get robbed! Either way, there are so many cool ways to interact and getting your character known. Now, don't expect to get your Character known in a few days. It takes months, almost all of my time on RCRP was spent developing my character, and it's gone because Dominic Styles is dead! Yeah, I know. Sad face, both of the characters I have now just aren't in the position to get known anymore. Either way, hopefully your character can find a way to make it big for himself etc, and I hope this guide inspired some new RP!

Cheesy

Gold Member
IG Name
Brian Johnsson
Well... Fuck... Fine, i'll go make a new character which every single one doesn't know who belongs too. >->

As soon as I can look through that extremely boring tutorial again...

Ecko

Donator
IG Name
Logan Creek
Cheesy said:
Well... Fuck... Fine, i'll go make a new character which every single one doesn't know who belongs too. >->

As soon as I can look through that extremely boring tutorial again...
DAT SIGNATURE xDDDDDDD (Milton Hill here)

Status
Not open for further replies.