BrianHaggard

Silver Member
IG Name
#147 / O'Conner
IG Faction
SACSO
Redneck/Hillbilly RP
Intro

Howdy y'all, today I'll be making a guide on how to Roleplay a stereotypical Redneck or Hillbilly person. Take a note, stereotypical Redneck. Not a casual country folks,
since they're not so different than other people, and It's the fact that they're usually almost same as anyone else, just their place of residence (Farms, Ranches etc. etc.) and jobs (Farming, and other country-work) are different. I saw guides on how to RP a racer (Not the one by me but the other one), Mafia, Gang, but there's just one Guide on Redneck roleplay, and It's pretty old and nobody updated it in a long time.
First off, let's explain what "Redneck" means and where the word originated:
  • The term redneck is a derogatory term used for a rural poor white person of the Southern United States.
  • The term redneck originated from the fact that majority of country folks working at farm had red and irritated necks, due to sun.
Now to see few stereotypes, that aren't entirely true, or not true at all.
  • Rednecks are dumb Well, that's entirely not true, there's some redneck with finished high schools or more, and even some extremly smart.
  • Redneck are Incest Welll, that's not entirely true too, there's some that are Incest, but some of them are not.
  • Rednecks are poor Not really, it all depends from person to person, they're mostly not so rich, but there's some of them that are.
  • Rednecks are racist This is kind of true, kind of false, some are and some aren't. There's even an African American rednecks.
Jobs/Work
NOTE
This is, after all, a guide how to RP one, so I won't write whole history of how term redneck originated,
what they did then and what now, I'll make sure to point out the things they're doing, so you can realisitacly
RP that In-Game.​

• Farming

Working at farm (Family farm or other's farm) is something really common for every American country folk. Farm work is hard, but it's a great way to make money, and/or produce clean,
natural food, plus It's a tradition. In farming, they mostly use modern Farming eqquipment, since, after all,
It's 2018 and that consists of:

• FARMING VEHICLES​
  • Tractors - A tractor is an engineering vehicle specifically designed to deliver a high tractive effort (or torque) at slow speeds, for the purposes of hauling a trailer or machinery used in agriculture or construction. Most commonly, the term is used to describe a farm vehicle that provides the power and traction to mechanize agricultural tasks, especially (and originally) tillage, but nowadays a great variety of tasks. Agricultural implements may be towed behind or mounted on the tractor, and the tractor may also provide a source of power if the implement is mechanised. Some great models of Tractors are John Deere, New holland and etc etc.

- John Deere Tractors is one of the most popular International Farm Tractor Brands in the world & is very much in demand nowadays. John Deere provides Agricultural Machinery, tool & Tractor Equipment too.

- New Holland is a Global Company & was founded in 1895 in New Holland, Pennsylvania. Ford Farm Tractors was the initial name but was changed from Ford New Holland Tractors to New Holland.

• Combines - The modern combine harvester, or simply combine, is a versatile machine designed to efficiently harvest a variety of grain crops. The name derives from its combining three separate harvesting operations - reaping, threshing, and winnowing - into a single process. Among the crops harvested with a combine are wheat, oats, rye, barley, corn (maize), sorghum, soybeans, flax (linseed), sunflowers and canola. The separated straw, left lying on the field, comprises the stems and any remaining leaves of the crop with limited nutrients left in it: the straw is then either chopped, spread on the field and ploughed back in or baled for bedding and limited-feed for livestock.
    Combine harvesters are one of the most economically important labour saving inventions, significantly reducing the fraction of the population engaged in agriculture.

• Dozers - Well, I won't put a full explanation of what the dozer is, y'all already know. Rednecks use them for loading/unloading, moving bigger land masses around the farm, etc, etc.

• Farm Trucks - Well, Farm truck is one of most important vehicles in Farmer's fleet, they use them for moving around the farm (Farms can be really big), transporting equipment, or smaller loads of goods that are produced, personal transport, etc, etc.
FARMING EQUIPMENT
  • Shovels - Probably one of most usefull farm tools there is
  • Pick axe - Usefull as much as an Shovel
  • Plow - You can't plow nothing even with a newest tractor if you don't have a plow
  • Toolbox with usual tools - There's always something to go wrong that needs fixin'
  • Water hose - to help you transport water all around the far
  • Various barrels/boxes/containers/bags - To store equipments, goods, fluids, tools.
CROPS
On your farm, you can grow many crops. You're about to sell them in the future, or use them for you and your family. Growing crops can be tricky, but if you know what you're doing it's not that much. You'll NEVER predict how your crops will turn out, since they're dependent on weather, temperature, quality of the seed and quality of the work done when planting them. You'll have to water them, spray them with pesticides, and etc etc.
  • Carrots
  • Potatos / Taters
  • Tomatos
  • Corns (On corn fields)
  • Berries
  • Some fruit (If you have trees on your farm)
  • Melons
  • Various more vegetables
LIVESTOCK
Well, this part is self-explainatory, same as crops, you have livestock on your farm, you feed them, grow them, and in return they give you various foods/favours and in the end (Applicable only for some of them)
you'll kill them and use their meet to sell or to feed yourself and your family. I'll now list most common livestock, and what's it usefull for.
  • Cows - Give you meat, and milk
  • Sheeps - Give you meat and milk.
  • Horses - You can ride them around the farm, but since modern technology is advanced and we're not in 18 century anymore, they're just waste of space and money.
  • Goats - They give you milk and meat.
  • Pigs - Meat.
  • Chicken - They give you eggs, and meat.

So, this is all about farm work, also, I'll add few "fun facts" and "tips and tricks" here so you're more knowledgeable how to RP in certain situation.
How long does it take to grow a crop of wheat?
Spring wheat is usually planted between March and May and should be harvested (or simply dug up) between July and September. That means a considerably shorter maturity time than winter wheat, around four months.
How long does it take to grow a plant?
Note: Before you start trying to grow a 6-week plant, consider that it will produce just a few grams of smokable harvest. With a 4-week vegetative stage, the time from seed to harvest averages 3-3.5 months, but the yields can increase from a few grams to double-digit ounces.

• Lumberjack
Wll, this is pretty straight forvard, lumberjacking is one of most common "country" works along with few more I'll list here, lumberjacking might be little bit hard on RC:RP mainly because there's no Chainsaw weapong, but thanks to objects system y'all can make one, or If you're trusted enough admin will spawn it (Maybe, I don't know) for that RP session, make sure to destroy/return it after RP is done. So, lumberjacking is basically cutting trees, it's hard and dangerous job and you can get injured from doing it.
There's few examples of what's done with the wood made by lumberjacking and some are:
  • For further re-sale of said wood
  • For using it to warm up your house/farm.
  • For using it to make structures of wood
  • Making various stuff of wood, like tables, chairs etc etc.

What will you need:
  • Chainsaw, I personally recommend: Stihl or Makita
  • Truck to extract wood from the forest
  • Safety Gear: Googles, Helmet, Overall, Boots.
  • Place to store extracted wood.
So basically, lumberjacking is more straight-forvard than farming, and I will write much less about it since I personally find it much easier. I'll explain it straight-forvard, and add a appropriate /me and anim command,
sicne after all, this is a RP Guide, not how to be a lumberjack in real life.

Steps

1. You'll take your safety gear, and load it up into your pickup truck.
/me walks into his room, taking his overall from his wardrobe, quickly sliding it on
* Billy Winston walks into his room, taking his overall from his wardrobe, quickly sliding it on
/me makes his way to the garage, taking safety googles, and helmet off the desk, walking out and placing them in his truck.
* Billy Winston makes his way to the garage, taking safety googles, and helmet off the desk, walking out and placing them in his truck
/do Billy would be wearing Overall over his Plaid shirt, along with pair of heavy duty boots
* Billy would be wearing Overall over his Plaid shirt, along wiht pair of heave duty boots ((Billy Winston)).
/me takes his chainsaw from his garage, inspecting it and placing it in his truck's bed.
* Billy Winston takes his chanisaw from his garage, inspecting it and placing it in his truck's bed.

2. You'll get someone to get the truck you'll load your wood you cut into, so let's start it off like this.
/me walks up to Cleetus
* Billy WInston walks up to Cleetus.
Billy Winston: Cleetus, would you like to help me out with cutting some wood today, I need to make a new shed.
Cleetus Cassidy: Yeah, sure, why not, I'll be glad to.
Billy Winston: Where's your truck buddy.
Cleetus Cassidy: It's in the back, I'll take it and let's go?
Billy Winston: Sure great.
3. Well, tihs is lumberjacking itself, you'll go up to the woods, and find a desired tree. You'll mark it, and while your buddy drives the truck up, you'll unload all your equipment, that means, chainsaw, and everything else,
maybe a standard axe, ropes and everything. Now, you'll start up your chainsaw, make sure to secure the tree so it doesn't fall on you, your friend, truck, ot anywhere else you wouldn't like it to. You'll get your safety equipment on, and start cutting the tree, when It's down, you'll cut it in smaller pieces and load it up in your friend's (or yours) truck. This should look like this.
As you pull up, say to your friend that this is the place, use /r or /s If you don't have radio.
Now, you'll get out of the truck, and mark a tree using a spray-can that's obtainable in 24/7 (Not necessary).
/me takes his spray from his waistline belt, spraying on the tree to mark a cutting line.
Now you'll get your helmet and googles on, you can /clothing or just RP like there is something.
/me takes his helmet and googles from his truck and places them on.
Now you'll get your chainsaw, and turn it on.
/me takes his "Stihl" chainsaw from the back of his Silverado, turning it on as he moves closer to the tree,
making a small cut.
Then you'll have to imporovise cutting the tree, use /washhands with objects in your hand resembling the chainsaw (or real one if admin decides to grant you the permission for one).
Now, after tree's down, you'll RP cutting it in smaller pieces so you and your bud' can load it up in his truck.
It's pretty self-explainatory and I won't explain that with /me's.
Now It's up to you will you load that one and go, or continue cutting other trees around.

There's few more jobs, for instance Trucking or something like that, but It's self-explainatory and I'll make a full guide on trucking in the future, so I won't explain it here, this is it for the Jobs part of the guide.

Hobbies
Well, redneck have various hobbies, and I'll explain most common ones here, in a list form with an eplanation on other side.

• Fishing
Going fishing is one of Redeck's main hobbies, it brings them joy, food and maybe money if the fish is sold

• [*] HuntingRednecks love Camo, and Hunting, they go hunting very oftenly, and It also may bring money, If the game you caught is sold, or you can also eat it.

[*] MuddingMudding is a sport where people complete (Or do it for fun) who will drive fastest, furthest or overall best through a mud-pit, with their lifted pickup trucks.

[*] Dippin'/SmokingRednecks love to dip (Chew tobacco) or smoke.

[*] Drinking gamesWho'll drink the most, who'll drink the can fastest, and much more

[*] RacingRacing with their cars, trucks, buggies, lawn-movers, tractors, It's all same to them, and they love it.

[*] Tug-of-warTieing a rope to one truck with one end, and other truck with other end (Or car, or pickup, or tractor), and then flooring it to see which one is more powerful.

[*] Brewing MoonshineSelf explanatory, they like to brew moonshine, for sale of to drink themselves

[*] Talking around the bonfireSelf explanatory

[*] Front porch sitting and talkingSelf explanatory

[*] Many derbiesTug of war, Demolition derby, mud-wrestling, racing, mudding

[*] Going to Walmart/junkyardsGetting new tools or parts for their car

[*] Chilling at trailer parkChilling and talking around

[*] NascarThey fuckin' love Nascar (I do too :D)

SlangWell, this is easy:

Y'all - You allExample: I think y'all should chill the fuck out

Howdy - How's it goingExample: Howdy y'all

Bud' - BroExample: Hey Bud', wanna go fishin'

I Reckon - I supposeI reckong I should start workin' today.

Tore up - BrokenExample: That car's so tore up, I reckon It won't start.

Tater - PotatoExample: Give me one tater

Can’t carry a tune in a bucket - Being unable to singExample: That Justin Bieber dude can't carry a tune in a bucket

Fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down - Being uglyExample: That girl fell out of the ugly tree and hit every brach on the way down.

Fixin’ to – getting readyI'm fixin' to go to Walmart.

Music
Rednecks, as expected, love country music, and I'll link some good songs and artist here, with explanation of what type of country it is, what's the meaning and something about an artist.
Singer: Luke Bryan
Song: I don't want this night to end.
Genre: Country
This is your classic type of country, dude sings about girls, country life, love and all that. Luke Bryan is indeed a great singear, and has more than 10 great songs. Other Great singers and sone from same Genre that sing same type of songs are:
Jason AlDean, Brad Paisly, etc etc, and songs: Tonight looks good on you (Jason AlDean), Do I (Luke Bryan),
and etc etc.
Singer: Brantley Gilbert
Song: Kick it in the sticks.
Genre: Country Rock.
This is Country rock type of song, It mainly is about having a blast, raising hell and girls, not your typical type of Country music, but still not just Rednecks listen to it, It's indeed a great song, and Brantley is one of my favorite singers of all time. This isn't your typical Country song, but It's country after all. Other great songs are: Bottoms up, also from Brantley, and etc etc.
Singer: Mini Thin
Song: City Bitch
Genre: Country Rap
Well, this is a genre too, and, it's not your common Country song, at all. Well, dude indeed sings about "Country" and "Redneck" lifestyle, and It's a great song. Coming from someone who doesn't listen rap at all,
(I fuckin' hate rap, 95% of it), Mini Thin did a great job of portraying redneck lifestyle in this song, and this is one of very few rap songs I like. Other nice songs from this Genre are ""Buckwild and Free", also from Mini Thin.
Singer: Rebel Son.
Song: Redneck piece of white trash
Genre: Uh.... Redneck?
Well, this is one of those "REBEL" "WHITE TRASH" type of songs, and well, I can't lie, I fuckin' like it haha.
It's great song, and portrays stereotypical redneck TOTALLY. Other great songs of this Genre are almost every other from Rebel Son.
Singer: Alan Jackson
Song: Remember when
Genre: Country
Well, this is one of my all time favourites, I like this old-style country music, and If you listen to it, you'll find it's meaning, I can't say more about it, other great songs of this Genre are any from Alan Jackson, or Merle Haggard (RIP Legend).​
MiscellaneousWell, here I'll list something that doesn't fit in any of previous categories.
Camo - Rednecks fuckin' love Camo, camo pants, military styled tank tops.
Cops - Rednecks mostly support all of American forces, that means, Cops, Military, etc etc.
Firearms - Oh boy, they're fuckin' in love with that.
Confederate flag - Something Holy for them.
Cars - Most of them like cars and going to junkyards to get pats, tools, to work on cars, to race them etc etc, Preferred ones are old Muscle cars.
Pickup Trucks - Holy for them. To be honest, Pickup trucks are Great thing and useful as fuck.

END
That's it, thanks for reading. I hope I cleared this up for y'all, and this is all made in effort to up the standards of Redneck RP on RC:RP.​

IG Name
Grant Weston
IG Faction
SACSO
Nice guide, hopefully people take this in and stop running around monty yelling “YEE-HAW SON!” 24/7.

Blue

Donator
IG Name
Kyle Patrick
Asznee said:
Nice guide, hopefully people take this in and stop running around monty yelling “YEE-HAW SON!” 24/7.
You did that all the time. :whistling:

IG Name
Grant Weston
IG Faction
SACSO
BlueFire said:
Asznee said:
You did that all the time. :whistling:
Okay, we all did on our Huckleberry characters tho

SireElite

Bronze Member
IG Name
stop metagame today
IG Faction
Civilian
hope this stops the stupid redneck rpers who constantly spam nigger at black people lol

Deketa

Silver Member
IG Name
Shaun Richard
IG Faction
Elite Trucking
The problem is nobody knows the difference between a redneck and hillbilly. "Redneck" isn't really a derogatory term, because true rednecks don't mind being called it. City folk think it's an insult, but it really isn't. A hillbilly, though, is a whole 'nother story. Apart from that. great guide, man.

IG Name
Celly/Furiosa
IG Faction
OPB/E.T
Deketa said:
The problem is nobody knows the difference between a redneck and hillbilly. "Redneck" isn't really a derogatory term, because true rednecks don't mind being called it. City folk think it's an insult, but it really isn't. A hillbilly, though, is a whole 'nother story. Apart from that. great guide, man.
this