• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Guide] How to RP a Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Sigh*. I have seen many people in RP's pull out a knife, and then stab someone. Many people call it PG or MG as they do not ACTUALLY have a knife, and some just don't know how to RP owning a knife. Well, let's clear something up.

CAN YOU RP HAVING A KNIFE WITHOUT HAVING THE WEAPON ITSELF?
Just because you don't have the actual Knife Scripted Weapon doesn't mean you cannot RP having one. You are allowed to RP having a knife because it is an everyday common object in real life.

HOW DO I RP HAVING A KNIFE WITHOUT PG'ING OR FAILING AT RP?
Be as detailed and as clear as possible.

BAD EXAMPLES:
Rick Knoxx takes out a knife from his back pocket and stabs Jason Knoxx.
Rick Knoxx takes out a butterknife from his shoe and throws it into Jason's neck.
Rick Knoxx takes out a knife and cuts Jason.

GOOD EXAMPLES:
Rick Knoxx removes a 6" Hunting Knife from it's sheath located on his tactical belt.
Rick Knoxx takes out a Pocket Knife from his pocket and opens up the blade.

You have to ask yourself this: Did you RPly equip the knife earlier? Do you always carry it on you RPly? Is now a good, RPly fearing time to take it out? Am I RPing fear properly?

HOW SHOULD I BIND A KEY TO TAKE OUT A KNIFE?

Here is one that I use (please do not copy, as all of you do not RPly carry around Balisong Butterfly Knives, nor do you know how to RPly use one):
Code:
PgDn:: 
{
SendInput t/me reaches into his pocket and takes out a folded Butterfly Knife with a black handle.{enter}
SendInput t/ame **Wielding a closed Butterfly Knife**{enter}
sleep 4000
SendInput t/chat{enter}
SendInput t/me unlatches the Knife and flips it around his thumb quickly, revealing the blade.{enter}
SendInput t/ame **Flipping the Butterfly Knife**{enter}
sleep 4000
SendInput t/me catches the Knife casually in his hand in a pointed position, ready to use.{enter}
SendInput t/ame **Clack!** ((Ready to use)){enter}
    return
}
(I am using AutoHotKey for this bind.)

So, first thing is first, I remove the folded Balisong from my pocket. I open it up (using /chat to make it look like I am flipping a butterfly knife), and flip it around my hand so that it is in a proper position. Then, I catch the knife so that the blade is pointed away from me, I am holding the handle, and it is ready to use. Now here are the good things that make this bind nice:

It is timed, so other people have a chance to react RPly(I can type a resistance /do or /me in under 8 seconds).
It is detailed, thus giving most people as much info as they need.
It avoids powergame.
It avoids metagame.
It includes /ame's, /me's, and even an animation, spicing up and making the RP even better!

Now, you do not have to have a timed bind, but make sure that if you don't, you give the person some time to react if you do a /me stabs Jason in the stomach forcefully.

SO, I HAVE MY KNIFE OUT RPLY WITHOUT MG OR PG, HOW DO I USE IT?
Well, now that you have it out, there are plenty of nice things that you can do to attack or defend yourself/someone with it. Here are some good and bad examples.

BAD:
Rick Knoxx stabs Jason.
Rick Knoxx cuts Jason.
Rick Knoxx chops Jason's head off.

GOOD:
Rick Knoxx forcefully thrusts his 4" Balisong Butterfly Knife towards Jason's shoulder blade.
Rick Knoxx jabs his Hunting Knife into the direction of Jason's eye socket.
Rick Knoxx swipes the blade of his knife towards Jason's stomach, attempting to cut Jason.

Basically, just be as detailed as possible, and always give them time to react. Give them as much information as they need to resist. Here is something I like to do:

Rick Knoxx throws his fist at your cheek bone.
Contact? ((Rick Knoxx))
No, I catch your fist with my hand, and twist your wrist. ((Jason Knoxx))
While you are catching my fist and bringing pain upon me, I thrust my knife in my other hand into your neck. ((Rick Knoxx))
Contact? (Almost an auto success. You are caught off guard.) ((Rick Knoxx))
Yes, contact, and I die. ((Jason Knoxx))

See, that avoids PG, MG, and everything in between (as long as the person isn't armed). Just remember that you don't have to put Contact?, but it is helpful for beginners/noobs under level 3-5. And also, don't Non-RP your fear just because you have a knife. I mean come on, if they have two people with guns, you wouldn't charge them with a knife IRL.

Like 1 - 2 months ago, me and a friend RP'd a knife.. and Jed said that we were not allowed. Just saying, I think that you need to have the actual knife.

IG Name
Jack Tanner
IG Faction
Bum
Since Knife, the scripted weapon in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas videogame. is restricted weapon in RC:RP OOCly, you may roleplay knife if you do RP it detailed enough. This guide is extremely well made, it even helped me!

Status
Not open for further replies.