[Guide] How to NOT get robbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Name
Jake
IG Faction
Civilian
Well, due to the high amount of robbery, I'll show YOU how to NOT get robbed.

Have you ever been robbed in RC-RP when you where level 1 or 2? If so, please read on.

Things to do:

1. Tell the robber calmly in [ooc] chat that you cannot be robbed, since you are below level 3.
2. Use /assistance or /report if the robber continues to try to take your stuff.
3. Take as many screenshots as you need if there are no on duty admins.
4. Post your compliant with the screenshots of the person's name, and proof that they were trying to rob you.
5. Wait patiently for your /assistance or /report to be responded to.
6. If an Admin has not responded to your /assistance or /report within 5-10 minutes, re-send it.

Things to NOT do:

1. Yell at the robber in [ooc] chat and insult him/her.
2. DM the robber.
3. Run away and do not rp fear/injuries.
4. Spam /assistance or /report.
5. Yell at admins that are not on Aduty (in Pm's).

Things to remember:

The robber must understand that robbing another player under level 3 can result in a ban.
be patient, admins aren't your personal ban hammers.
Keep a cool head, don't yell or insult the robber.
Get the evidence by taking screenshots. ((f8))
You don't have to give the robber anything if you don't want to.

Alright, you are level 3. the server-legal level that you can get robbed by force. here's a few tips to keep your coins.

What to do

1. Stay in populated areas.
2. Travel with a trusted friend/buddy
3. Stay out of a stranger's vehicle
4. stay away from alleys, or area's where you can get robbed.
5. drive safe on a motorcycle or scooter. Robbers tend to knock cyclists off their vehicles to get an advantage.
6. Call the police/law enforcement if you see robbery.
7. If you are being robbed, let it happen. Give him the stuff, accept his frisks, etc.
8. If you are buying something [Drugs/Guns/Cars] in a Non-public area [behind the news corp, somewhere out in bone county, etc.] Then scout the place out, maybe bring a friend. Keep your distance away from the location, and see who is there. More then 1 person, then it's a setup. It's not ALWAYS a setup, but you gotta be careful.

Things to NOT do

1. Stay around untrusted strangers.
2. Get into a stanger's vehicle.
3. Travel alone.
4. Spam /assistance and /report ((you are above level 3, you are allowed to be robbed))
5. Post Compliants about being robbed
6. Complain to the robber about being robbed
7. Run away and not rp fear.

Things to Remember:
As much as it is your descition to give him your stuff, you must RP
If he has a gun to your head, RP your fear.
Do not use PM's or Teamspeak to get help ((UNLESS you Channel is deemed IC))
Have fun, stay safe.

This is a WIP still. I made it in like, 20-30 minutes. I would like your constructive critisism.
I would not like your Trolling

Limuz

Donator
When you look at Brian Sutherlands guide, this is 100 times better. Good job.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Mark_Fleur
IG Faction
Wannabe Mayor/Governor
Mhulek_Lau said:
If you get robbed they kill you anyways, well that's my experience so far
We need to add in a rule saying if you've robbed someone you can't kill them, unless you had that planned beforehand or they resist too much!

IG Name
Jake
IG Faction
Civilian
Mark_Fleur said:
Mhulek_Lau said:
We need to add in a rule saying if you've robbed someone you can't kill them, unless you had that planned beforehand or they resist too much!
Well, if you didn't kill them, they'd squeal to the cops. keep the SASP in mind, although they make bad descitions. we all do.

Rich

Donator
IG Name
Raymond Campbell
Icewolf said:
Mark_Fleur said:
Mhulek_Lau said:
Well, if you didn't kill them, they'd squeal to the cops. keep the SASP in mind, although they make bad descitions. we all do.
I never kill the people I rob anymore, but I do use a mask at all times. I consider it non-rp.

Rich said:
Icewolf said:
Mark_Fleur said:
Mhulek_Lau said:
I never kill the people I rob anymore, but I do use a mask at all times. I consider it non-rp.
That's unrealistic.
Robbers don't risk lifetime jail for a single roberry.

JP

Donator
I also hate when, after a robbery, they kill the victim. Just because we can't rember what happened before... That just ruins the RP, because they don't want us to call the Police and make a description of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.