- Mar 29, 2013
How To Host A Radio Server
1. Download WinAmp if you don't already have it. If you need a download link, here it is. http://www.filehippo.com/download_winamp/
2. Download SHOUTcast and it's WinAmp plugin. You can get both of them here. http://www.shoutcast.com/broadcast-tools
Select your OS from the top list, then scroll all the way down and download the WinAmp Plugin for Windows.
3. Port forward Port 8000. Port Forwarding isn't that hard, and it shouldn't take you long at all. If you need some help Port Forwarding, send me a forum PM and let me know.
4. After Port Forwarding, start up WinAmp and continue through the process. After you've done that, click in the upper left hand corner of WinAmp, and scroll down to Options < Preferences. Once in the Preferences tab, scroll down on the side-bar to the left, and look for DSP/Effect and click on it. In the list should be "Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v2.3.3" or something similar. Click on that, then go down to Configure Active Plug-In. Now, leave this open and continue on.
5. Open up your SHOUTcast server install, and run the file called "setup.bat" Continue with the setup, filling out the server to your liking. Remember what you set as the Password, and the Admin Password.
6. Now, go back to the Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source tab you opened in Step 4. Click the tab showing "Output" and fill out the Password section as the one you set in the previous step. Hit connect, and see what happens.
If it fails to connect, re-read the previous steps and try again. If it connects to the stream, then it should show you a screen similar to this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmeo1qiyigb6o ... .03.23.png Where "Status" is, you should see information about your stream's uptime, and the amount of data that has went through.
7. After connecting to your stream, go to your internet browser (Chrome, FIrefox, IE) and type in as the URL "127.0.0.1:8000" After that, go to the upper right hand corner and click on "Server Login" Once you've clicked that, it should show you a stream similar to this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/aj1kntfqc4695 ... .13.50.png Click on "Update Authhash" and then you shouldn't get any errors in your stream.
8. Download MP3's from the internet, load them up in WinAmp, and they should be streaming. In order to use your stream, you need to find out your IP. If you do not know what your IP is, go to http://www.whatsmyip.org and it tells you what your IP is. After that, in order to use your stream, go in game and put in /carmusic/boombox/etc and do "/commandhere http://<IP>:8000/listen.pls" and your stream should be playing.