• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Guide]How to get shorter jail sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part I - Introducing
Welcome to carier's first guide, HTGSJS 1.0.0. Here you will get some basic tips on how to get shorter jail sentence.
I've seen much people crying about their huge fines and big jail sentences, so I decided to make that guide. I hope you will get a basic idea on what you should do to get shorter sentence and cheaper fine.

Part II - What to do when noticing a cruiser
Here is where some of the cases begin. When you notice a cruiser around you, the best option is to lower your speed (If you were travelling with exceeded speed) and continue driving as normally as you are able to. Don't forget that if your character is even roleplayly drunk/high, you have to drive a little bit stranger. Even after the cruiser turns somewhere else and you lose him out of sight, remain driving calm for the next few seconds until you are sure everything is O'K.

Part III - What to do when noticing a cruiser with turned on sirens
Here is where the things become a bit more difficult. If the police is behind you, pull over as soon as you can on the right side of the road. Make sure your car is parked properly. If you aren't able to pull over, lower your speed and make sure the officer in the cruiser knows that you are on his side. After you've pulled over, look at the cruiser and see if he will continue forward or park behind you. If he continues forward, that is good for you - set off when you are able to. But if he parks behind you, turn your engine off and roll the windows down. Talk to the LEO politely and don't piss him off, because in the worst case it may end with a jail and fine for assauting an officer. If you decide to run, be sure that everything is planned perfect and keep in mind that there is a high chance to get busted after time.

Part IV - Illegal items
Well, having illegal items in you may be critical. Always keep them in safe - in your briefcase, in a post office and even in your trunk, althought it is one of the most dangerous places. Be even more careful when you have past criminal record, because the police will be more suspicious than usual. If an officer attempts to frisk you, don't resist him, because this way it looks like you are "pickled" and you are innocent.

Part V - Jailing
When you are going to receive a fine or getting jailed, do not resist the officer who's doing the action. If he asks you for any information about you, answer him and don't argue. Any aggressive mood may lead to a bigger sentence and/or fine. If they ask you for information about someone you know, one of the best options is to tell that you don't know anything about him. Before saying that make sure they don't know that you are close, or you will get bigger fine/jail sentence because of forswear.

Part VI - The end
Thank you for reading this guide and congratulations - you now know how to react in simple situations! Feel free to comment, give your ideas and tell me if there is anything else to be added. Have fun and watch out with the police!

IG Name
Robby Wilkinson
Meh. Looks awesome. Good job on making this guide. Cheers

IG Name
Jack Tanner
IG Faction
Bum
Well actually this is pretty good guide, may or not be useful but who knows.

Frisker said:
Well actually this is pretty good guide, may or not be useful but who knows.
Exactly, good guide, I don't know when it will come in use though.

Jonas Brooke

Retired Admin
IG Faction
Axiom
carier said:
Before saying that make sure they don't know that you are close, or you will get bigger fine/jail sentence because of forswear.​
What did you mean with that part, mate?

Anyway nice guide, might be sliightly obvious but still nice though :D

Jonas Brooke said:
carier said:
Before saying that make sure they don't know that you are close, or you will get bigger fine/jail sentence because of forswear.​
What did you mean with that part, mate?

Anyway nice guide, might be sliightly obvious but still nice though :D
Thanks to everyone for the support.
About the question... I meant: If the police knows that actually the suspect they are asking you about is your relative and you say you don't know him, they will give you a bit more time in the jail. And yes, as I said, these are the basics, nothing deeper. Though much people break these "basics" and then cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.