[GUIDE] How to get more FPS in your game with no downloads!

Fuse

Gold Member
IG Name
Jacques Hellix
Windows 7
FOR MULTI-CORE CPU's ONLY!

So, lets cut to the chase. I presume you've clicked this because you're getting low FPS in certain areas of San Andreas? Well, give this a go. It worked for me! :oldtimer:

First thing's first. You need to bring up Task Manager. You can do this by several ways; By pressing 'Ctrl Alt Delete' or another easy way is by right clicking the windows bar and clicking 'Start Task Manager'.

Right. So now you're on Task Manager (tsk manager). You will want to click at the top 'Processes'.

Once you've done this. Look for a Process called 'gta_sa.exe *32'. You will want to right click this process and press 'Set Priority'.

Apon doing this. You will now want to click 'High'.

A tab will come up asking you if you're sure to change the prority to high. Just click 'Change priority' and it'll be done.

This will make the priority of your GTA SA to your CPU alot higher than the other processes you have running. Let me know how this works out for you guys :)

Chris

Gold Member
IG Name
Damian Lost
Re: [GUIDE] How to get more FPS in your game with no downloa

Note... Single core systems you won't see much of an improvement. A game booster does just that though.

Mueller

Retired Admin
IG Faction
The Triangle

This fucks up my game audio every single time :/

MrJay

Silver Member
IG Faction
Potato Growing Ltd

If you use this technique, you'll get teamspeak lag when using hotkeys to switch channels, such as SP switching to COMM 1 or so, you'll receive around a five second delay before it actually switches.

IG Name
Erich Kaufmann
IG Faction
Parker Place Clique

Helpful guide, cheers Fuse.

Peat

Donator

If you're having FPS lag on San Andreas, your best bet is to get a new PC or deal with it or upgrade you current machine.

Doing this simply results in your CPU putting to much emphasis on San Andreas meaning your teamspeak will lag to shit and you will have muffled and crackly voices coming through your head set, as well as your microphone outputting a crackly / muffled voice.

Fuse

Gold Member
IG Name
Jacques Hellix

Peat said:
Doing this simply results in your CPU putting to much emphasis on San Andreas meaning your teamspeak will lag to shit and you will have muffled and crackly voices coming through your head set, as well as your microphone outputting a crackly / muffled voice.
Don't for me, I can only say it helped me out as I like to use alot of mods. So yeah. :bounce:

Nick

Donator

Imma try this later. I'll let you know how I get on. The guide looks pretty gg tho'! Nice job!

IG Name
Alvaro Calixta
IG Faction
Long Live La Onda

This helped out my poorl ittle laptop to get 100 fps everywhere. I'll do it on my stationary computer too, so I can have 1000 mods.

Cheers, Fuse!

Mueller

Retired Admin
IG Faction
The Triangle

Ctrl + Shift + Esc
:detective: