What's new

[Tutorial] How to change chatbox font

60oz

Helper

This can be done by modifying samp's configuration. All you have to do is replace the default font with your own preference. No downloads are required and this can be undone anytime. This guide is made easy to follow and spoonfeeds you step-by-step.

How can we do it?
Step one: You navigate to "File Explorer" and open it.
j62K6VS.jpg
Step two: You navigate to "Documents" and open it.
GmqRI8W.jpg
Step three: You open "GTA San Andreas User Files" folder which is located inside the "Documents" folder.
Cielto9.jpg
Step four: You open the "SAMP" folder which is located inside "GTA San Andreas User Files"
Gg7Q7hr.jpg
Step five: You right-click on "SAMP.CFG" and click on "Open with"
joYheQr.jpg
Step six: You open Notepad and select " Always use this app to open .cfg files " and click "OK" ((Clicking on the second option will always use Notepad to open .cfg files for you"
N2Ey449.jpg
Step seven: Once you open the "CFG" you will see a list of text and you have to navigate to the bottom and add a new line called "fontface=" and then in front of the "=" you write a font's name which you want to use, I'm going to use "Times New Roman" so I'll proceed by writing that font in front.
d5B4OOs.jpg
Step eight: When you've written the font's name which you want, you have to navigate to the top left corner of the notepad file and left click on it, proceeding by clicking on "Save" after you've saved it, you can close the Notepad.
CqntbS0.jpg

END
If you've followed each step correctly, it should be working fine. If you want to remove the font, it's quite simple, just go back to the config, remove the same line we added. Whatever font you put will look different from what I'm using, depending on the font and its size, it also depends on your screen resolution.​

LHHRfWY.jpg
KIknRUV.jpg

Last edited:

Eriksen

Donator
Never actually thought the font was changeable.. Thanks for showing me otherwise;)
Nice guide!

SubZero

Donator
Ya should drop in different text names and their styles and this guide will be helpful to erry'one.

SubZero

Donator
Here's a list of some of the most common fonts.
@SubZero
  • Arial, Helvetica
  • Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica
  • Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif
  • Times New Roman, Times
  • Georgia, Garamond
  • Courier New, Courier
Na I like my default font style, I was just suggesting for other's comfort.

60oz

Helper
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

P.S I might change the formatting soon.

Chlorine

Donator
I really like how you spoon feed the information and converted it into a guide. It's really simple though, takes like 2-3 steps, find samp.cfg file(it's in your documents>gta sa user files>samp) and edit it with notepad, add fontface= (any font you want, comic sans looks really nice, imo) and save it. That's all.
Good job!