What's new

[GUIDE] How to be a civilian

Karv

Silver Member
A lot of the times people get mixed up in the urge to be a hardcore gangster, or become the richest person and gain some type of fame, whether through being that rich person, or being the known mobster in town. When really there is major RP experiences waiting for you in front of your face every step you take on the server. I mean the idea of these servers are to interact with people from all around and share the many different characteristics a human being can possess. A lot of people want to have a role in a faction like being a cop or being a firefighter saving lives or anything that has a major effect on the people who RP's IC lives. When really you can still have a great impact by being the random guy that walks around the streets of Monty collecting rocks. A lot of people forget that though, and I'm pretty much making this guide to help people grasp the idea of being a normal civilian with normal human problems.

Normal Daily Routines

I don't know about anybody else and their life, but I know every single person has a normal daily routine. Me I get up and immediately look at my phone, to make sure life is still a thing. To make sure that I won't be mauled by a pack of zombies when I walk out of my house. Whether it be that you stretch or that you take a shit, everybody does something constantly throughout the day. Now if you take that in to a concept and think about hmm, what can my character do on a daily basis. Like example my character likes to sit on a bench in Monty and just take in civilization and breathe the fresh air. Sometimes I read a paper, or sometimes a person comes through and sits down on the bench. Which will usually spark up a conversation, and create bonds or friendships. Or even create an enemy that you despise for the rest of your life and you wish and pray something happens to them so evil and dark. Whatever it may be, just roleplaying having that daily routine can effect characters in such a major way. I had a situation where I met somebody through my daily routine who may, or may not be able to help my character with getting a job. Now starting off, we are all on the search for money, but there are other ways to get it which I will explain later on. Now you see interaction between two characters on a park bunch creates and strengthens the both of their RP. Now you are generating better RP skills and it helps you to build up a character. Doing normal daily routines can impact your characters life in a huge way without even knowing it, and that is what life is. Life is living out your day with some normal daily routines and other spontaneous events that make life either hard, or worth living. A lot of people will shy away from the idea of just being normal though, because it can be boring. Well everything can be boring, its all about the mind state you have and the mentality of your character. Creating RP or interacting with people in a normal conversation will bring excitement into your experience of being a civilian.

The Idea Of Money

Now an issue that comes by people that makes them not want to RP a normal civilian is getting money. There are sidejobs and there are jobs such as mechanics or taxi drivers, but everybody is doing that. And it isn't always a fun experience, sometimes when you are running around the server to get money you forget the whole general idea of the server, to RP. A lot of people think well fuck off Watz, you tell me a way to get money and then maybe, but until then eat shit. Well there are plenty of ways to get money, that don't have to revolve around being set do a designated job such as a mechanic. A lot of people forget that there are plenty of jobs out in the world that they could RP doing. I mean people sit outside in populated areas shining shoes to make money, so why not take that into consideration when you need money and stuck at Monty Park. Create yourself an opportunity to make money by creating RP and creating a background for your character. Mine likes to flip cars, and turn used cars into cash. Things like this can change the whole role for people, stop speeding through lights in a pizza delivery car, stop crashing into cars trying to sweep the road, and stop running around like a mad person to collect trash for money. Yeah these help, but mainly to help new people to get off on a start, which is a good thing, but could ruin RP if you continue to make that the main idea of your time on the server. Countless people will sit out fishing for hours to build up money, but think you could be out there offering car washes to make money. The idea of it is there are other ways to make money being a everyday civilian.

How You React

Most people react to things in different ways than others. However a lot of the times I see people not reacting too. I seen a brawl in the middle of the street in Monty once, where people weren't even acknowledging the people fighting they were just continuing on with their conversations. I mean even if you react by taking our your phone and recording, its still reacting which most people do. Most people see something crazy and have certain reactions like, if somebody crashes their car, most people call 911 or try to help. Some people do just drive off which is fucked up in real life, but not everybody should give 0 fucks to what is happening around them. Not only does reacting show a certain side of your character and develop them, but it creates interaction. Almost like everything else I've spoke on already, that is the main idea is interaction. You can have roleplay by yourself, but the reason there is room for 175 people is to create interaction. We are here to interact with eachother so when you react to something somebody else does, says, or anything of that sort like a normal civilian, you create interaction. You create interesting situations for yourself and others, and that is the reason we play this. It is the reason we all take on roles.

Everybody Is A Civilian

The main idea of making this guide was to guide you all on how to be a normal person. How to roleplay as an everyday human, however everybody, every type of person is a normal civilian. Even mobsters, gangsters, cops, medics, serial killers, anything that you are. We all have feelings as people, and we all have everyday struggles on our own. Everybody has a normal humanity side of their life, not everybody is a 24/7 assassin. Lets just use serial killers for instance, they live out their life normal but have urges to kill. Those urges usually stem off of the way other people treated them or the way they feel towards somebody. So when you roleplay normally in public or as a normal citizen, it will create instances where you feel like you need to kill somebody. Somebody laughed at you and hurt your feelings cause they didn't see something the right way. Developing a reason to kill them and a reason to commit such an act. But a lot of people will get cut off at an intersection and think hey now I need to kill that person. Now I need to provoke them in such a way to get me a reason to rid of them. When really people don't usually kill somebody over getting pissed off, there are instances but with the realism of the idea, it wont happen a lot. Maybe once a year something like that would happen especially in such a low populated county. Now take cops in perspective, a lot of cops get on and stay on duty most of the time. Which is good, you are out there stopping the crime of the city but every cop has a normal life. Every cop has a story to share of their own, or shopping to do for groceries. So just remember even if you are taking a certain role in a faction or as an individual every person in life has a time where they are just a citizen like us all. Like returning broken headphones that sucked and didn't work with your phone and you couldn't listen to music.

I made this guide to help others to gain the idea that RP is everywhere and you are the one to create. And yes it is okay to do normal things and have a normal life as your character. There are ways to live, and there are ways to survive.

Comment what you think, or if you think I'm retarded for making such a guide, but fuck it, I know I'm not the only one who sees this way and I know I'm not the only one that will agree with the idea of living as a normal civilian. Thank you for taking your time to read this, and I'm kinda new to this server and the forums and felt I should interact with the community a bit.

Zakey

Silver Member
Awesome guide, if only more people took into consideration that sidejobs are highly un-RP. I'm voting for removing any and all side-jobs.

Sara Jackson

Bronze Member
Zakey said:
Awesome guide, if only more people took into consideration that sidejobs are highly un-RP. I'm voting for removing any and all side-jobs.
So you're voting to remove all side jobs? Okay, first shut down a pizza store irl.
Plz

Karv

Silver Member
I mean cutting them completely would be bad, but to reduce and maybe cut down on them and implement more jobs script wise that create more RP situations would be good, should probably make a suggestion on it, or if there is one people should definitely look into it.