[GUIDE] General Driving & Road Rules

IG Faction
SAST -cause the good ole' days
Now, let’s be honest. Some people could use some work with rules of the road. Whether it be they’re not familiar with North American road laws, don’t understand driving rules from lack of experience or another reason. This guide will give you the basics to proper road rules.

Let’s start off with speed limits.
In town: 40 MPH
Routes: 60 MPH
Interstate: 75 MPH

Intersections with a stop sign:
If there’s a 4 way stop and you’re not sure of what to do, the car that got to the intersection first goes first. Fairly simple.

Same rule applies for 2 way stops when the other road has the right of way. Ie. Merging from PWC Block onto Palomino Main Street. You must make a FULL STOP at all stop signs. If someone is on the other side and arrived first at their stop sign, they go first.

Looks something like this:

Unmarked Stop Signs:
You are required to stop at all intersections in which you are merging onto or going through another main road (made clear by the yellow line break in the road at the intersection). A prime example is going from Route 48 and crossing over 11 to continue onto 48 going into Blueberry. You must stop before crossing over the 11 and continuing to the other side of 48 entering Blueberry.

Intersections with lights:
If you’re at an intersection with lights and you have a red light; you must make a FULL STOP if you wish to turn right on a red first and check for what’s coming. Otherwise if you’re going straight or left you must wait for the light to turn green. If you’re going straight or turning right and the person waiting directly across from you is going left, you have the right of way first.

General right of way:
If you’re ever turning left, cars coming in the opposite direction have the RIGHT OF WAY. If you’re turning right or going straight you have the right of way. For example if I’m on Route 48 wanting to take a left onto Cypress Road and a car’s coming, I have to wait for that car to safely turn either right or go straight on forward before I make my left turn. If you're turning out from Town Hall, a gas station, etc. cars already on the road have the right of way, you must wait your turn.

There you have it. Hopefully you learned something and will help make the streets of Red County just a hair safer!

1SKZ

Donator
Might be a little difficult for some people to understand but regardless it's a nice guide.

People do actually know the basic road rules... they simply can't be arsed to follow them. :lol:

Luke

Donator
Think these rules need to be reinforced, the amount of non-RP driving I've seen as of late is starting to piss me off considering we're a heavy RP server.

IG Faction
SAST -cause the good ole' days
OutWorld said:
People do actually know the basic road rules... they simply can't be arsed to follow them. :lol:
trruuuu lol

Gee

Platinum Member
Re: RE: Re: [GUIDE] General Driving & Road Rules

flyer2359x said:
OutWorld said:
trruuuu lol
That's where sasp pulls them over and writes citations for traffic violations.

Suspend licenses, cease vehicles, all of that side of the law.

Spritz

Bronze Member
IG Name
Thever
lxtrxi said:
Think these rules need to be reinforced, the amount of non-RP driving I've seen as of late is starting to piss me off considering we're a heavy RP server.
Agreed. There's a fuckload of NON-RP driving.

at the stop sign you need to wait 3 seconds then go correct ? and first you got to check if theres someone driving by