[GUIDE] Forum Profile Customization

Status
Not open for further replies.

1SKZ

Donator
As requested here, I'll make a simple guide for those who do not understand how to edit their forum profiles. You're all welcome.
Part I - Avatars

Have you just registered to the Red County Roleplay forum and wish to have a sick looking avatar?
Look no further, because this is probably the easiest and most understandable guide to learn how to do it. Let's get started!

Step one: Locating the image you want to use
Now this is probably the EASIEST part. Surely you already have a wickedd image you wanna use, and if not, go find one.
Today, I'll be using this fine image.

Step two: Ensuring it meets the requirements
This may be where it gets tricker for some..... below is an image that gives you useful information on what you can and can't do with your profile picture. Don't worry too much about it because it's quite simple. This is located in the same place where you go to upload your profile picture/avatar.

With that in mind, let's continue. So you have an image, and now you know the required dimensions in which you can upload a picture. Most of the time, any basic image will have no issue uploading, but it will definitely not work with desktop wallpapers or crazy shit like that, obviously. If you are unsure of your images dimensions, you may crop it to a selected area and get rid of extras that you may not care about, or you may compress it using hundreds of image compression tools (to make it smaller, so that the forum accepts it and lets you use it), or you may also use an image re-sizer (also hundreds available online) and set the dimensions to 250x250 (box) or 250x280 if you want it to be taller. As of posting this, I am using an apple computer so I can simply see an image's information (dimensions, size, etc) just by clicking on it in a Finder tab. So, if I see that the image surpasses any of the maximum dimensions that the forum here allows, I can easily edit it before I go ahead and upload it. TMYK

Step three: Uploading your avatar/profile picture
This part is extremely simple if you follow the proven steps.
Once the image you wish to use has been formatted and adjusted to the required dimensions, you are ready to upload. This is my image after I've made it usable with the given options.
I will now divide this part into even smaller parts with helpful images that you may follow

a) Navigate to the top right of your screen where it says "Welcome, (username)" and click the arrow beside it.
You will be greeted by a lovely dropdown and now you may continue.
Click the button that is labeled "account settings", as seen below.

b) Once you've clicked the button, you'll be greeted by a big scary page with many different buttons and interesting things to do. Ignore all of it, and focus on the button labeled "Profile" - click it.

You'll now see something like this. Click on the button labeled "Edit avatar".

Now, everything is starting to make sense right?! Sweet. Move on to part C when you are ready.

c) Now this is the HARDEST, most excruciating and horrible part you must go through. It should be pretty easy to navigate from here, but if not, then click on the button labeled as "select image", as such below.

You must now locate the image on your computer. Hopefully you named it something that you can remember and find easily. I have already done this, however will show you an easy to follow image anyways.

Once done this, your image will load up as seen above, and you can click the "SUBMIT" button. You are now done. Congrats.

Part II - Signatures to follow

1SKZ

Donator
i meant to check if this guide already existed beforehand but i dont care anyway because this one is better

Lee

Platinum Member
IG Name
fools multiply when
IG Faction
the wise are silent
interesting choice of image

Status
Not open for further replies.