Guide : DeathMatching and it's Grey Lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower
EDIT: DO NOT PLAGIARIZE, this guide is EXCLUSIVELY FOR RCRP.

Okay, I was bored and decided to make this.
I noticed that there're alot of grey lines concerning RP - I'll try and address one of them.

The topic will be about Deathmatch.

I've seen alot of people pull their guns out just because somebody pissed them off or rubbed them the wrong way.
Does this count as DM? Let's get back to our basics.

Deathmatch is . .
Killing other people without a GOOD and VALID IC reason.
RP-ing as a badass cop killa' doesn't cut it - DON'T DM.
"Good and valid" is pretty vague as it differs from people to people, right?

• Let's say you're a completely sane normal civilian.
    As you drive your car out of that small parking place, your bumper meets another man's car.
    Do you get out and start shouting insults like "Dumbass!" and "Learn how to drive you asshole!" with a gun pointed at him?
The answer is NO.
You would get out, act pissed - maybe try and work something out (like who would pay for repairs).
Well, that was easy! Everything's solved and everybody involved gets to go back to what they were doing, right?

Allow me to introduce a different scenario :

• Let's say you're just walking around Montgomery, trying to find directions to the Town Hall, when all of a sudden a man offers you to take you there.
    He tells you to follow him and eventually leads you to a deserted alley.
    You suddenly find yourself held in gunpoint.
    Let's say you're level 1 (unrobbable), and just because he can't rob you - he'll just kill you. Is this DM?

But what if he's RPing as a psychopath, someone with anti-social disorder or a serial killer?
I think it's only fair that you give "warning signs" to people around you, especially the ones interacting with you.

I'll be giving out a few examples, ranging from obvious tips to vague ones.

• /me is staring at you, his eyes unblinking.
    /do Has a hysterical/crazy glint in his eyes.

/me is glancing at you every so often, wearing an oddly curious expression on his face.

/me stares at you with an expressionless face, his hands shaking.

/me stares at you with an expressionless face, his hands shuffling inside his pocket. (holding a gun inside)

/me stares at you angrily.
    /do Is frowning, his eyebrows are creased.
    /do You feel an ominous aura from him.

/do Has lots of cut scars on his face. (Proof that he has been through alot of things, maybe?)

These're just a few things I thought of on the spot, be creative!

By doing it this way, people can successfuly RP serial killers etc. (without the DM charge)
and give their "prey" a chance to react and act on better judgement.

What do you think? Post below for comments, thanks!

Rasta

Retired Admin
IG Name
Ras Klaat
IG Faction
Bumbo Klaat
Seriously, I once got killed when i pulled over to a group of people asking them questions ect. and a guy(admin) comes from behind me and pops a bullet in my head... I pm'ed him why did he do it and he sad "You were being annoying" I mean seriously... That's pure DM and trigger happy... Can't even talk to people normally without being shot in the head, yesterday when no admins were on when 30 people were on, i alt tabed to check something on the forums for 1min i tab back in and i see a "First name_Last name aims at the tires and shoots" i mean geezus... You got to right to shoot at me just because I'm a cop? ... Can't freaking wait for the prison to come :twisted:

Tom

Donator
IG Name
MarK
IG Faction
America
RastaForI said:
Seriously, I once got killed when i pulled over to a group of people asking them questions ect. and a guy(admin) comes from behind me and pops a bullet in my head... I pm'ed him why did he do it and he sad "You were being annoying" I mean seriously... That's pure DM and trigger happy... Can't even talk to people normally without being shot in the head, yesterday when no admins were on when 30 people were on, i alt tabed to check something on the forums for 1min i tab back in and i see a "First name_Last name aims at the tires and shoots" i mean geezus... You got to right to shoot at me just because I'm a cop? ... Can't freaking wait for the prison to come :twisted:
i got killed cuz i called a guy kid ICly :p

Rasta

Retired Admin
IG Name
Ras Klaat
IG Faction
Bumbo Klaat
Tom'BillyJo said:
RastaForI said:
Its retarded with what reasons they come up... This DM rule of having a GOOD reason should be more strict.

IG Name
Jack Tanner
IG Faction
Bum
RastaForI said:
Tom'BillyJo said:
RastaForI said:
Its retarded with what reasons they come up... This DM rule of having a GOOD reason should be more strict.
/Agree
People kill others for damn stupid reasons, so far I haven't got killed for too stupid reasons though(Yet :p)
But yeah... the rule should be more strict.

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower
You guys missed my other point D:
Okay, some people die because of stupid reasons - even IRL. The same can happen in game.
What I'm trying to say is, if you're going to RP as a serial killer/psychopath/sociopath or whatever, you should give the people around (or your victim, at least) hints that you are not a very sane person and that you are possibly dangerous - that way he can act on his better judgement.

Rasta

Retired Admin
IG Name
Ras Klaat
IG Faction
Bumbo Klaat
Fleur said:
You guys missed my other point D:
Okay, some people die because of stupid reasons - even IRL. The same can happen in game.
What I'm trying to say is, if you're going to RP as a serial killer/psychopath/sociopath or whatever, you should give the people around (or your victim, at least) hints that you are not a very sane person and that you are possibly dangerous - that way he can act on his better judgement.
I got your point its just that then almost every person is a killer/psychopath ect. in game... Its Annoying

Ink

Retired Admin
Hehe, that's my Fleur. Good job there. I hope every kidnapper/robber and everyone else will read this. Since it's really useful.

IG Name
Flandre_Scarlet
IG Faction
Civilian
I like the idea of having a psycho give those little hints to give people the idea you might do something drastic other than whipping out something randomly. Of course, I'm sure we'd all rather our prey be unsuspecting...so it might be liable to put on a good-natured facade.

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower
ScarletDevil said:
I like the idea of having a psycho give those little hints to give people the idea you might do something drastic other than whipping out something randomly. Of course, I'm sure we'd all rather our prey be unsuspecting...so it might be liable to put on a good-natured facade.
You have a point there, I guess it all boils down to our preferences huh?
If it were me, I'd probably sneak in a vague hint or two in the middle of RP.

• - It's raining and you're stuck somewhere in Angel Pine, without a ride when.. -
    Guy : Hey! You're going to get sick! Come on over to my place so we can get you something warm to wear! (in car)
    Girl : Thanks! (rushes into the car)
    Guy : *insert small talk here* I live in Las Venturas, by the way.
    Girl : With your family?
    Guy : ..no. (/ame speaks with a shaky voice)
    - You guys arrive at his house -
    Guy : Stay here, I'll get you a dry set of clothes.
    Girl : Alright, thanks! *shivering*
    - a minute later, he comes out holding a pair of old clothes -
    Guy : /me hands you the clothes. (/ame Teary eyed and wearing a distant, melancholic look on his face)
    /do Clothes are exactly your size, girl clothes (blouse, skirts etc).
    or
    /do You notice that the blouse and jeans are exactly your size. (Why the hell doese he have girl clothes if he lives alone?! Same size too?!)
    Girl : T-Thanks.. /me accepts the clothes, heading to the bathroom for a quick change.
    Guy : /me is staring at you, wearing a curious smile. Go on.
    - while she's changing -
    Guy : /s Oh Marie! Why did you leave meh?!!?!?! *chainsaw noise*
    Fin~

xD

Status
Not open for further replies.