[GUIDE] Client Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen

Donator
IG Name
Owen
Client Commands

There are a few useful client side commands that I would like to bring to your attention, not many people know about them so I thought I would post a quick guide telling you what they are and what they do for you.

/timestamp:
Okay so /timestamp is usefull in many ways, it can help prove what time you took the screenshot if posting a complaint on someone plus if you quickly went to do something and you just got back it can tell you how long the person has been waiting there for you. Also it shows your local time not the server time. It also shows up at the start of every line.

/q or /quit:
/quit is a command I use whenever I log out so I don't have to hit escape and go through the menu to log out it simply just quits the game as soon as you hit enter.

/dl:
This command will show you the vehicles health, how many passenger seats it has and the ID of the vehicle.

/fpslimit (20-90):
This command will lock your FPS, The higher your FPS is the smoother your game is. Open the in-game menu then go to "Options > Display Setup > Advanced > Frame Limiter" And change it to "On"

/pagesize (10-20):
Using this command will change the amount of chat-lines that are shown at the top left part of your screen, this can be very useful when taking orders or if you're in a certain situation and you need to keep track of what people have been saying.

/headmove:
This command will stop everyone's head from moving around when their mouse does. This is client side so your head wont move on your screen but if people around you have this disabled then they will see your head move.

/rcon:
RCON is the default admin system. /rcon is used to execute all RCON commands. RCON stans for Remote Control.

/save:
/save is most likley the most commonly used default command, and probably the most useful. When you type /save, your current position is saved to savedpositions.txt in your user files directory, from where you can use it in scripts.

/rs (Raw Save):
/rs is like /save, but it only saves your current position and facing angle in rawpositions.txt in your user files directory. No extra information is saved.

/nametagstatus
When someone is minimising (alt-tabbing) an hour glass will show up next to their nametag, if you use /nametagstatus it will disable the hourglass from appearing, I don't know how this would be useful but it's a client command so I thought I would add it.

I hope this guide helped you out, if you have any questions then please post them and you shall receive an answer ASAP.

IG Name
KingC // Dillon
IG Faction
I actually didn't know of these commands.. :oops:

Manu

Retired Admin
IG Name
Nona Yurbizniz
Nice!

I didn't know about the pagesize or the headmove command, thanks!

Tiger

Donator
Thanks for telling me about the head one.. I've been trying to do some cool screens but found it annoying how the head moves to the side! Cheers! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.