[GUIDE] 800x600 Photoshop CC 2017 Screenshots

ferg

Gold Member
Hello,
In this guide, we will look over how to properly edit a screenshot using Photoshop CC 2017.

You firstly need a copy of Photoshop CC 2017, legal or illegal. I don't really care.

Open Photoshop, you should then see this very image
Once you're all set up the next thing to do is to get your desired image, you can get that by hitting CTRL + O and navigate to the desired folder.
You should by now have imported your image into photoshop and it should look like this

For some people who the text might not be readable, therefore hit
which is located on the taskbar on the left and zoom in.

Once you have done that you wanna find
which is also located on the left side in the bar.
You then wanna crop the screenshot to your liking.
Hit CTRL + C to copy that and go to the very top and select " File "

That should bring this box up
Then you wanna head to preset details and select the pixels you want your template to be, I personally prefer going with 800x600, because it fits the forum and it looks very nice. Width is supposed to be 800 and height is 600.

Hit " Create " It as soon as your empty template shows up, hit CTRL + V to paste your previously cropped screenshot into the template

Now that you have imported the cropped screenshot you can move it around with the mouse so it fits your liking. You wanna focus on getting some text onto it now.

Hit CTRL + O and select the screenshot with text that fits the screenshot, hopefully, you've used /blindme.

You then wanna click
again and mark the text you want.

Copy the text by hitting CTRL + C and paste it onto your screenshot by hitting CTRL + v, please know how to copy and paste already :baby:

It should look very much like this now, time to edit it and make it fit, remember, use the cursor to move the text around on the screenshot.

Click on the layer with the text and select " Blending Options "

This menu should then show up, you wanna have the same settings as I do, of course, you can mess around with it, but these settings are fine if you're just casually editing screenshots.

Your text on the screenshot should and hopefully will appear like this.

You then wanna go over to your layers

And then click on layer 2 and duplicate it. After you have duplicated it in you wanna hold SHIFT and select both layers and right click on one of them and select merge layers.

You then wanna mark the duplicated layer and select FX and then stroke

That should bring this box up
select the same options as I have and that is pretty much it. You should have a fully edited screenshot by now!

ferg

Gold Member
lol yes i know i used screenshots from lsrp but i deleted cleared my screenshot folder and those were my most recent screenshots no cry please

IG Name
הַבָּא לַהֲרָגְךָ
IG Faction
הַשְׁכֵּם לְהָרְגוֹ
Skyline2k said:
lol yes i know i used screenshots from lsrp but i deleted cleared my screenshot folder and those were my most recent screenshots no cry please
we get it you're in SD

IG Name
i wanna be the very best
IG Faction
like no one ever was
wow amazing job should be pinned amazing job ferg holy crap i love this haha woah dude i want to be danish now LOL

Lawson

Gold Member
IG Name
Kendrick Calicchio
IG Faction
Main St. Crew
Ferg always makes fun of me because he thinks I use LSRP, not anymore! I'll use photoshop and prove him wrong!