What's new

GTA SA Reload.CS

DJ..

Donator
So, I have this CLEO Mod called Reload.CS. In a nut-shell, it's a mod that allows u to reload ur weapon whenever you want by pressing R. It comes with it's animation, which is the name animation on RCRP called /reload pistol. I wanted to post it here to get some admins decisions to if it provides an unfair advantage or not. I talked to a helper, they told me to post it here. It's not the same as scrolling ur weapon to reload, as that is unfair, since it's an easy swap to ur hands to the gun, ammo refilled. It actually does an animation, so it's not the same as scrolling.
This is not my video, but is where I found the mod. I have been using it since I started to play on RCRP, and have never had any admins tell me not to use it. Just wanted to put this out here so everyone can see it is not a hack, or does not provide u with an unfair advantage.

Stunna

Gold Member
don't use that, Robert and i went over it and sometimes it will glitch and give you dual weild (The damage doesn't change, but the clip size does)

Robert

Retired Admin
Stunna said:
don't use that, Robert and i went over it and sometimes it will glitch and give you dual weild (The damage doesn't change, but the clip size does)

I found out that it was actually a bug that in the actual modified file from 2011, which is when it was released. I have since gave out the updated version which does not include the dual wield bug.

I believe it's being discussed.

1SKZ

Donator
Another issue with the bugged version of this mod (which most people seem to use) is that it reloads no matter where or when you press your R key, so during IC communications if there's a letter R in your sentence, you'll randomly reload the weapon and it can be annoying/repetitive especially when you don't WANT to reload your weapon. Another thing, isn't it more realistic to reload your weapon after the ammunition in the mag is spent?

Regardless, if you want to reload your weapon during IC situations, the command is better in my opinion so you don't have to worry about randomly pressing your R key and having your weapon reloaded. Just my thoughts.

Hassan

Retired Admin
If the mod is "buggy", cant you just set up a bind on a key which you don't use whilst typing often, then bind it so that it does /reload? Maybe even a key like "F2" or something.

DJ..

Donator
I see no bugs in the mod, except the one that 1SKZ is talking about. Other than that, I see no issue with the mod, but it is annoying whenever you type something with "R" as it reloads whenever the button is pressed.

Gido

Donator
Kemp said:
Same as this? I remember looking into it.
viewtopic.php?f=305&t=87390&p=1109981#p1109981

I highly recommend taking a look at this topic before discussing the modification itself it buggy or not. As stated in the post by Kemp is gives you an unfair advantage over other people that aren't able to reload at the time they want. This modification is not allowed on Red County Roleplay for now and therefore you will be punished if administrators see you using this modification.

What you can do is make a suggestion on the suggestions board on the forum. You can make a suggestion to "legalise" this modification on the server or you make a suggestion to make something like a /reload command with the same effect.

I hope this answers your question. Thanks to Kemp for the clarification in the topic post. Please reply if we informed you enough about this or we raised another question. If not, we can lock and archive this topic.

JinChill said:

DJ..

Donator
Lovely to hear that, thanks for your time discussing this, you can go ahead and L&A this. :wavebye: :thumbup: