What's new

GPU - Don't hate on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Donator
I'm looking to buy a new GFX card and I was wondering how I know if it'll be compatible with my processor and motherboard etc?

I may sound dumb but I don't know much about computer hardware. :roll:

Hyper

Donator
Basically, as far as I know it, simply, you must make sure that the GFX you are interested in has port support, motherboard side.
The CPU is the processing unit of your PC, the brain basically. The more data the GFX processes and the higher quality the image, the more data has to be processed through the CPU as well. Meaning you need a strong enough CPU to avoid a bottleneck and receive maximum performance GFX side.

Jack

Donator
George_A said:
Basically, as far as I know it, simply, you must make sure that the GFX you are interested in has port support, motherboard side.
The CPU is the processing unit of your PC, the brain basically. The more data the GFX processes and the higher quality the image, the more data has to be processed through the CPU as well. Meaning you need a strong enough CPU to avoid a bottleneck and receive maximum performance GFX side.
Port support, motherboard side? :shock:

Cheesy

Gold Member
Post your current components. If you're not good with hardware and you don't know how to switch or add parts, I would advice you let someone else do it.

RayW

Donator
If you don't know what motherboard you have, go ahead and download CPU-Z.

Jack

Donator
1072a3a048.png

Prince

Retired Admin
kbxr said:
buy any graphics card that will not:
bottle neck your cpu (get a graphics card that's in the price range of your cpu-what i do)
that will fit your case and will not cause an uprise in temp.

make sure it's a gpu that can cool real good.

really, any gpu will be good with it unless your motherboard is real old.

Status
Not open for further replies.