What's new

Denied Garages and Renting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabpuss

I feel there are just too damn many cars around. They clutter up the place, confuse newbies to the server, and are overall just in the way.

I think we should have a command such as /garage (store/retrieve) that allows us to rid the world of our saved vehicle when at/near a garage (public or private, homes or business parks). It would remove most, if not all, player car spawns and clear up the cluttered roads, making it safer and less aggravating to drive around.

Essentially it would despawn your vehicle and respawn it when you retrieve. This would most likely make it impossible to save mods on your vehicles, but oh well. Those that feel they truely need mods can either live with it or remodify their vehicles.

Depending on how in depth one wants to go with setting garage zones, you could probably respawn your vehicle at any garage available.

Going along with this, upon the player's disconnection from the server, their vehicles that aren't currently in the garage will be stored/despawned

Also, I think players should be able to rent cars. Go to a dealership and instead of buying a car (which would be quite expensive) they can rent the car for either a set price (such as 150$ per rental) or a timed price (timer continues to scale up as they drive, soon as the car is returned or destroyed they are billed for Time X 20$ or something).

This all would remove any need for unowned car spawns on the map at all. It stimulates the public transit service as well as keeping the map much more neat and tidy.

Fox

Banned
That would be cool. It would get rid of all the clutter.

Support

Hopkins

Silver Member
Yeah, I like it. I was going to suggest something like despawning cars.. Didn't though. I think the server can only take 500 cars without crashing.. and I'm pretty sure we're getting close to that.

Michael_Corner

Hopkins said:
Yeah, I like it. I was going to suggest something like despawning cars.. Didn't though. I think the server can only take 500 cars without crashing.. and I'm pretty sure we're getting close to that.
type /players in the server....

Ian

Diamond Member
Correction, the server can only hold 500 OWNED cars.
And around 1000 Normal Cars.
The ammount of owned cars is at 494 or something... Trailers was the reason the server kept crashing...

Fox

Banned
Ian said:
Correction, the server can only hold 500 OWNED cars.
And around 1000 Normal Cars.
The ammount of owned cars is at 494 or something... Trailers was the reason the server kept crashing...
Woah! does that mean when the server updates to 1.0.0 that all owned cars will be deleted?

kude

Bronze Member
Fuck you xD im inactive till Monday or Tuesday. I have new laptop its FUCKING AMAZING....but i have no SA on it -.- and on the old laptop the DVD thingy isnt working so i cant burn SA -.- but a friend will give me SA so i will be able to play on Monday or so...i miss RCRP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.