What's new

Game lags after starting using navigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezortine

So basically - every time, after using navigation (using /navto, then setting location), game lags too much, it's being unplayable. After trying to restart the game, message "You are banned from this server" shows up.
Any ideas, how to deal with this issue?

The game is "frozen" - as you can see, the time, f.e., is static, not moving. Also, the gate opening was lagging.
And the message

TommyB

Owner
I've discovered that sending the GPS path to game clients is a pretty intensive task which causes occasional network issues with the SA-MP server. I'm aiming to try and optimize GPS path drawing a bit more, which should hopefully fix these issues.

Reactions: lew

Rezortine

This problem didn't showed up to me before, even when the path was introduced. This problem appeared just few days ago. First I thought it's because CLEO (I was using FirstDriver Mod), and I thought the same - that maybe the combination of CLEO and navigation path is like "too much" for the network and laptop. But yea, it appears even if the CLEO is uninstalled.

Audubon

Donator
With the "You are banned from the server" issue, it's a bug. It doesn't actually mean you're banned and you can log back in, if you didn't know already.

TommyB

Owner
This problem didn't showed up to me before, even when the path was introduced. This problem appeared just few days ago. First I thought it's because CLEO (I was using FirstDriver Mod), and I thought the same - that maybe the combination of CLEO and navigation path is like "too much" for the network and laptop. But yea, it appears even if the CLEO is uninstalled.
No, it's definitely caused by GPS pathfinding. I've seen it happen enough in the logs to confirm that. A client side CLEO mod that doesn't interact with the SA-MP server won't create any additional network strain.

Rezortine

With the "You are banned from the server" issue, it's a bug. It doesn't actually mean you're banned and you can log back in, if you didn't know already.
Yep I know, usually after closing it and starting again it works normally

Allerion

Donator
TommyB's working to fix the issue, can also refer to https://forum.redcountyrp.com/threads/gps-issue.182315/

x2et7ba.png

This topic has been archived due to one of the reasons below:

• The topic is outdated.
  • The topic is deemed as inappropriate.
  • Forum rules were broken.
  • The topic is no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.