What's new

Duplication FCP License revoked when namechanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allerion

Donator

15) ((Transfering permits between characters is forbidden. Players who namechange should contact a member of the SASP to have their license removed. Failure to report may result in administrative interjection and/or administrative punishment.))

Right, this rule can be broken easily and it has happened twice so far, people metagaming and believing they can keep their weapon license after they name changed ( aka having their weapon license on an alternative character ).
Here's what I would like to change:

Option 1: In my opinion, the script should remove FCP License (( weapon license )) off someone after they name change their character.
Option 2: Include the rule stated above into the /changemyname so people can read it.
Option 3: Show some kind of different warning before/after someone name changes.

Shiels

Donator
I agree. A firearm's license should be linked to a character. The moment that character is wiped off the database, the license should automatically be revoked.

Henderson

Retired Admin
OK, yes I agree with this suggestion although I'd have one concern with the license being automatically removed. What happens if you were to 'legally' change your name either through marriage or by deed poll. How would that be differentiated by the server?

Limitless

Gold Member
OK, yes I agree with this suggestion although I'd have one concern with the license being automatically removed. What happens if you were to 'legally' change your name either through marriage or by deed poll. How would that be differentiated by the server?
SASP would have to be notified for the change of name so they can amend their own records. It probably doesn't happen as often as NCs do.

Allerion

Donator
In that case (if someone marries in Character) or just changes a part of their surname In Character but remains the same person, they can contact SASP and we would just re-issue it to them again. I believe it's way easier to do that than people contact SASP every time they name change to revoke their licenses. ((in which case they can abuse it if they don't contact us to revoke it))

lew

Lead Administrator
Why not, makes my life easier. :)

Victorian

Bronze Member
Definitely a good suggestion as people have been completely abusing this weapon license lately.

BrianW

Retired Admin
I'd say yes. In case of a marriage or something it's as easy as just PMing someone from the weapon licensing div w/ a proof of it being the same character, and they'll more than likely just re-issue it.

DUPLICATION
This suggestion has been suggested by someone in the past. The topic is now archived but the original suggestion will stay under further discussion or still be accepted.

Tester/Developer: Thekillergreece
Link to the original topic: LINK
Additional Information: :locked2:

Status
Not open for further replies.