[F.A.Q] The newbie chat (/n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogdan

Silver Member
~~ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the newbie chat ~~

1. What is the newbie chat?
The newbie chat is a OOC chat wich allows players to ask questions when they don't know something.

2. What questions can we ask?
You can ask ONLY server/forum related questions. These includ script related questions, questions about where to post something on the forum,etc.

3. What questions we cannot ask?
You can't ask questions that are not server/forum related or questions whose answers will be used ICly (e.g: asking for direction in the newbie chat wich is a OOC chat isn't allowed because you will use the informations ICly).

4. Who will answer my question?
The answers will be given by Helpers, Helpers Moderators or just normal players.

5. Are normal players allowed to answer questions?
Yes, the normal players (newbies) ARE ALLOWED to answer the questions ONLY if they provide the RIGHT answer AND only if a Helper/Helper Mod/other newbie didn't answer the question yet.

6. Who are and how are the Helpers or Helpers Moderators chosen?
The Helpers/Helpers Moderators are just normal players who know the server verry well. The selection was based on a application form available for anyone.

7. Do I get punished for abusing the Newbie Chat?
Yes, you GET PUNISHED if you abuse the Newbie Chat. The punishment is a mute from the chat for some minutes wich depends on what you did. In most of the cases you will be given a warning first and then, if you keep repeating it, you will be muted.

You can get punished for doing one of the following thing:
-spamming;
-flaming;
-insulting;
-providing false answers/informations;
-advertisment(this is also kick-able/ban-able);
In a few words: using the newbie chat for another purpose than what is was made for.

8. If no one will answer my question what should I do?
The cases when nobody answers your questions are rare. This might appear when the server has a low amount of players online and there arn't any helpers. But if this happens, you can repeat your questions after some minutes (not less than 5 mins).

Made by Bogdan Croitor. 2010

Zane

Gold Member
IG Name
Zane Delange
IG Faction
RCFD
Bogdan said:

Yes, the normal players (newbies) ARE ALLOWED to answer the questions ONLY if they provide the RIGHT answer
The thing is, the newbies THINK they have the right answer but in many cases they haven't.
Anyhow, I think it's a good guide. It explains how to use the /n chat correctly which we see that there is a lack of that lately.

Bogdan

Silver Member
Zane said:
Bogdan said:

Yes, the normal players (newbies) ARE ALLOWED to answer the questions ONLY if they provide the RIGHT answer
The thing is, the newbies THINK they have the right answer but in many cases they haven't.
Anyhow, I think it's a good guide. It explains how to use the /n chat correctly which we see that there is a lack of that lately.
You didn't quote all the answers. It's another thing writed also.

Status
Not open for further replies.