What's new

dodgey - a brilliant mind lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson

Retired Admin
Anyone who posts the video is subject to a forum ban. This is not the time nor place to share such a video. Have some respect for Dodgey.

Some of you need to get it through your thick skulls that this was a player in this community who was close friends with several people here. Try to keep it civil.

Edit from Arky: I've taken the liberty to delete all the post regarding the discussion. Keep this topic to solely remembering and sharing the great moments you had with this dude. Thanks.

MrAwesome

Donator
I think it's ludicrous that the admin team is censoring the video. The video is the truth of what happened, and is a good example of mental illness and how actions relate to consequences, especially considering how close dodgey was to many people of the community. I understand the sensitivity toward the subject being he was so close, but it is quite ironic that the admins calling people snowflakes are censoring this.

The video shows dodgey saying, "My life's over, kill me now." He then rushes the police officer with his knife. He's shot and killed.

Sad, yes. Dodgey was an incredibly talented artist, and it is sad we lost him. However, it is also sad that dodgey did not seek mental help (maybe he didn't know, or maybe he didn't have the resources and support), and he expressed his emotions through violence and anger.

Let this be an important message to anyone out there thinking of hurting someone or themselves: there's a vast amount of resources available for you that can help. Don't go out on school campuses and try to stab police officers.

US National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

Anderson

Retired Admin
MrAwesome said:
I think it's ludicrous that the admin team is censoring the video. The video is the truth of what happened, and is a good example of mental illness and how actions relate to consequences, especially considering how close dodgey was to many people of the community. I understand the sensitivity toward the subject being he was so close, but it is quite ironic that the admins calling people snowflakes are censoring this.

Never once did we call anyone snowflakes, this thread is not the time nor the place for a video like that to be posted, if people want to see the video they can seek it out themselves. Dodgey was extremely close with a lot of people in this community so put it this way, take your best friend and have a video of his death, would you want people parading around with that video? If you say yes, then you're completely insensitive and need to take a step away from the computer for a bit.

Have some respect.

Zoltan

Donator
ThatMuricanGuy said:
MrAwesome said:

Never once did we call anyone snowflakes, this thread is not the time nor the place for a video like that to be posted, if people want to see the video they can seek it out themselves. Dodgey was extremely close with a lot of people in this community so put it this way, take your best friend and have a video of his death, would you want people parading around with that video? If you say yes, then you're completely insensitive and need to take a step away from the computer for a bit.

Have some respect.
Exactly what Anderson said. If people want to find the video on their own then they are free to, and you all can discuss it amongst yourselves. But posting the video wont do any good, and I doubt those who were close to him wanna see the video on a video game forum let alone at all. It ain't censorship its called being a decent person.

MrAwesome

Donator
Zoltan said:
ThatMuricanGuy said:
MrAwesome said:

Have some respect.
Exactly what Anderson said. If people want to find the video on their own then they are free to, and you all can discuss it amongst yourselves. But posting the video wont do any good, and I doubt those who were close to him wanna see the video on a video game forum let alone at all. It ain't censorship its called being a decent person.
1. I am not talking about in this thread. The admins who removed it are notorious for stirring up amok within the illegal faction community.
2. You're right, I would not want to see my best friend shot, but I would not shield the truth. If one of my close friends was shot for trying to stab an officer, I would not paint him as a hero nor a victim of police violence. I am not saying you are.
3. Maybe the forum isn't the best place to post the video, but a forum banned for spreading the truth? Pathetic.
4. The rest of my post is still valid, yeah? Or is that part ignored? Proper scarecrow

Reactions: Lee

Zoltan

Donator
MrAwesome said:
Zoltan said:
ThatMuricanGuy said:
MrAwesome said:

Have some respect.
1. I am not talking about in this thread. The admins who removed it are notorious for stirring up amok within the illegal faction community.
2. You're right, I would not want to see my best friend shot, but I would not shield the truth. If one of my close friends was shot for trying to stab an officer, I would not paint him as a hero nor a victim of police violence. I am not saying you are.
3. Maybe the forum isn't the best place to post the video, but a forum banned for spreading the truth? Pathetic.
4. The rest of my post is still valid, yeah? Or is that part ignored? Proper scarecrow
Im not discounting your opinion at all. I'm saying be a decent person and don't post the video here. Yes people got forum banned for it and I'm okay with it, same reason people got banned for the lil peep thread. You have no freedom of speech or right's on a forum. Say something that irks the people the wrong way and your gone. We should be respectful and realize there is a time and place for everything. You don't see me having my avatar as a picture of lil peep dead, I may not be heart broken over the rappers death but I understand the concept of a right place and a right time.

Karner

Banned
The video of his death has no place on this forum. This forum is not a place to discuss the personal details of each and everyone's lives or the ins and outs of those lives. Dodgey was a member of this community we should still respect what happened and the privacy of what happened by honouring his memory as a COMMUNITY MEMBER; and not what resulted in his death.

What happened fucking sucks, I watched the video myself and while I wasn't close to dodgey it still pulled heartstrings knowing that someone I have spoken to quite a bit has been removed from earth too quickly; the community and life around him is a sadder place without him.

MrAwesome

Donator
lars said:
I'll say this now Theo, as someone who was a close friend of Dodgey, I suggest you quit your posting now. Thanks.
This will be my last post lars. I'm sorry for turning the topic pseudo political. That was not my intention. I voiced my concern in my post to mental health and stability, but Anderson construed my argument to seem like I had no sympathy or empathy for those grieving. People think dodgey was an innocent victim being helplessly bullied by police officers, but that's wrong. He was a victim to his own mental health and the taboo of speaking out about his thoughts and feelings.

Recently, I picked up on going to a pscyhologist. It's not like how it is in the movies, and in fact, it helps a lot. I recommend everyone go see a psychologists every once in a while, be it for mental health reasons, venting, advice, or grievance. Those people are trained for that.

If you're in desperate need and fear something violent or physical will happen, call 1-800-273-8255. This isn't to you specifically lars, but anyone reading this post.

RIP dodgey, a brilliant mind lost.

TommyB

Owner
It doesn't really bother me that the video was posted, but I'd rather it stay off the forum. Everyone is free to look up all of the information they want about what happened, I'm all for it. I'd just prefer the more personal/shocking details were left to their respective sources, not placed here. I also completely agree that anyone struggling with mental health issues seeks a professional, it's not a joke. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.