What's new

discount store anthony fantano show

Mayhemer

Bronze Member
Alright, so, I thought I'd make a little thread in which I'll review and rate some songs, albums, even whole bands, from whatever genre I find intersting. (Mostly metal though)

Just a warning, don't get butthurt over some of my opinions.

Last edited:

Earl

Head of Maps
Management
Moved to Off Topic Chat as it's not related to the server.

But here, let me give you one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands :D

Mayhemer

Bronze Member
Moved to Off Topic Chat as it's not related to the server.

But here, let me give you one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands :D

Ah, thanks, my bad. Nice choice, it's a pretty good song, but I haven't really listened to Powerwolf that much. Hey, maybe I'll get into them and post something about them here.

Mayhemer

Bronze Member
I'm a pretty big fan of Candlemass. Heh, they're even the first band I've thought of when making my signature (back in the day).
They launched a song on the 14th of December this year, called "The Omega Circle".
This song was released as a sort of teaser to the upcoming album "The Door to Doom". And what a song!
It is the first song in like, 30 years, to feature their original vocalist Johan Längquist, who left the band after the launch of their debut album, "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus".
Johan is, by far, the best sounding. Even from the first song of Epicus, that is "Solitude", he impressed me, and not only me, as it is their #1 on the Spotify chart.
The song starts off with an acoustic guitar, accompanied by what seems a synthesizer and the vocals. (Here are some lyrics: https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/candlemass/theomegacircle.html). This takes me back to the previously mentioned "Solitude", really marking the return of their old vocalist.
Then, the electric guitar riffs in, along with the drums and bass, making an overall awesome song.
Don't get intimidated by it's length, as it is a pretty good song throughout, and if you're a fan of doom metal, you'll be kept entertained.

Some links to the song, depending on your favorite platform:
Deezer: https://www.deezer.com/track/597619352?utm_source=deezer&utm_content=track-597619352&utm_term=1720622622_1546197595&utm_medium=web
Spotify:
YouTube:

Happy holidays everyone!

Last edited:

Mayhemer

Bronze Member
Alright, so I've gone through multiple albums since my last post, and I've decided it'd be time for some pirates! Yarr!
I'm talking about Alestorm, the awesome folk (pirate) metal band! They've launched "No Grave but the Sea" on the 26th of May, two years ago. An album which was played live at the 2017 edition of the Rockstadt Extreme Festival (or REF for short), and impressed me a lot. So much that it makes Alestorm a solid 2 in my Top 10.
So, it starts off strong with groovy riffs, combined with impressive drum play and even an accordion!
One of the songs that I really liked is "Mexico". In this, they add an 8-bit intro, which fits right in. Yo-ho!
Another thing that is worth mentioning is that on the deluxe version of the album, they've even added a "For Dogs" version of all the songs on the album. Woof!
Overall, I think that "No Grave but the Sea" could be considered one of their best, after "Sunset on the Golden Age", which is a masterpiece.

So, if you like drinking rum, stealing wenches, plundering with thunder and parties, I recommend you check it out for yourself. Here are some links to your favorite platforms:

Spotify:

Deezer: https://www.deezer.com/album/15637520?utm_source=deezer&utm_content=album-15637520&utm_term=1720622622_1547223403&utm_medium=web

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBzBwYhHpqLKFgBQZjTq5QfPC4nsNDhEM

Bis zum nächsten Mal!
(Rammstein incoming!!)