What's new
  • Connecting to the SA:MP server
    We've implemented a IP whitelist firewall for the time being to help keep the server playable while we remain under attack. if you're unable to ping the SA-MP server, log into your RCRP account on the UCP (https://redcountyrp.com/login), wait a little bit and you should be able to connect to the server after that.

Denied Disable OOC chat command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Gold Member
Yep, I am butthurt over the admins banning/muting people for having a casual and friendly chat about the game or IRL in /o. It's honestly bullshit, if you don't want us to talk there, why is there even a chat in the first place?

Anyway, to make all parts happy, Alec, make a:

Code:
if (strcmp("/toggleooc", cmdtext, true, 10) == 0)
   {
      if(gOOC == 1)
      {
         gOOC = 0;
         return 1;
      }
      if(gOOC == 0)
      {
         gOOC = 1;
         return 1;
      }
   }
And of course, add the gOOC to the chat script so it only displays if gOOC == 1.

Now maybe all the whiners (that the admins claim there is, never seen one though) can RP without being disrupted by our malicious casual conversations in Grey colors.

- Icy_Blight

Ian

Diamond Member
To be honest, the chat in /o disrupts our RP, and we can disable OOC chat, but only Alec can... So no need to post a script...

Next time you post something, don't be a fucking smart ass.

Icy

Gold Member
Ian said:
To be honest, the chat in /o disrupts our RP, and we can disable OOC chat, but only Alec can... So no need to post a script...

Anyway, to make all parts happy, Alec, make a:
Sorry what? If the individual player can remove it, and the player who'd like to be social without RPing can view it, what are you getting butthurt about?

Yurik Cherdenko

Ian said:

I think he wants a /hideooc or something so that he personally cant see the ooc but everyone else can use it, not such a bad idea.

Icy

Gold Member
Yurik Cherdenko said:
I think he wants a /hideooc or something so that he personally cant see the ooc but everyone else can use it, not such a bad idea.
EXACTLY. The OOC chat is no issue for me, I like chatting. But to some it is, and admins banning the social players for ruining others RP is bad. So if the people who doesn't like it can simply hide it, while those who don't care can see it - Win!

Hopkins

Silver Member
I say always keep it disabled but let all admins talk in /o even if it is disabled. Or let high leveled admins OCCASIONALLY enable if it there's a small player base on. And if it gets out of hand, the admin will just disable it.

Joshy

Holy shit someone with good grammar and spelling on RCRP?!?! It's never been heard of!

Skypo

Silver Member
Joshy said:
Holy shit someone with good grammar and spelling on RCRP?!?! It's never been heard of!
Off topic:
But you can always start ICly english lessons XD
On:
But Icy if you want to hide the OOC chat donate to the server and you will get the /togooc command :p

Icy

Gold Member
Skypo said:
Joshy said:
Off topic:
But you can always start ICly english lessons XD
On:
But Icy if you want to hide the OOC chat donate to the server and you will get the /togooc command :p
Well I don't want it disabled for me at least. I just want the admins to stop whining over people bein talk-active in the chat. It's only a benefit for the server, so make the /togooc public, I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.