[Detailed Roleplaying] How to Create an Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some people make and other may have not noticed that on the forums, the auctions vary of their quality. Personally, this is something I find annoying as it doesn't take long to create an auction that's nice to look at and presentable, not only this, but you'll have more chance of selling what you want to sell if you may it at least look nice.
What many people seem to not know is that auctions do have to repeat the same thing over and over again, for example:

[Insert shitty picture here]
Selling white stallion.
price $100,000.
No autowin.
Bid step $5,000.​
This requires all the information needed, yes, however where it the Roleplay? Anybody can type this, it doesn't mean you're Roleplaying.
Something which only took me about 20-30 minutes looked like this:

** You're looking through and internet auction when you click on a line **
** It redirects you to this page, a 1965 Ford Mustang **

Today Ladies and Gentlemen we have a mint condition 1965 Ford Mustang with us. It's a beautiful vehicle and will offer any person an unbelievable amount of enjoyment it he or she purchases it, guaranteed. It is powered by a 170 CID six cylinder with a pair of V8's. It has a 4-Speed Manual transmission with a total of 271 horsepower.
With this edition, it includes and fantastic interior, with leather seats and a beautiful dashboard and speedo meter also.

** You continue to scroll down and below are some images of the vehicle itself **​

Once again, the vehicle is a 1965 Ford Mustang people, don't miss your chance on this one. Today this vehicle will be sold for a mouthwatering $100,000. The bid must be increased by $5,000 at least, there is no auto-win for this vehicle today. The owner has confirmed that he may be confirming trades however he would prefer money. please use the bid format below. (If your bid in not in this format it will not be counted).

Code:
[font=calibri][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Bid/Trade:[/b]
[b]Contact Details:[/b][/font]
(( Write after the (/b) and before the (/font) )).​

If you would like to contact the owner about anything to do with the vehicle feel free to call him or go to his office, these details are below:
Ryan Halpert - 5777705
Elite Trucking Corapration Headquarters located in East Bone County, just past Fort Carson.
((This MOD covers the Stallion vehicle in the original game. Links to the skin MOD can be provided to the buyer if they wish)).​
For this auction I installed the skin MOD that I never actually used when I used the vehicle myself, the only reason I added it was so I could change the auction slightly and offer people something different to the standard vehicles that are for sale.
Along with this I've given real-life information about the vehicle I'm selling, which improves the overall Roleplay for the auctions and not only this, but I've taken a various amount of pictures, showing the interior and exterior of the vehicle I'm selling. This doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to install MODs and such, however if you're selling something that's normally IG, such as a Clover or something, then you could make up some performance statistics, such as the horsepower, what the transmission is along with other things of your choice.

Understandably not everyone cares about what the auction looks like or how it is presented Roleplay-wise, but for the little time it takes, I think that it's worth at least trying when selling your items.

(This is my first guide, so if it's shit, ma' bad).

IG Name
Geert Pilders
IG Faction
P-W-N-E-D.
Nice guide, though if I want to buy a clover and there's a auction about a clover like your first example and one of your second example I wouldn't really care about it. I want a clover no matter how I get it.

DrPepsi said:
Nice guide, though if I want to buy a clover and there's a auction about a clover like your first example and one of your second example I wouldn't really care about it. I want a clover no matter how I get it.
Why thankya'. :dancer:
Understandable, I'm not saying that you have to pick a different vehicle meaning changing the vehicle RP'ly, you could just have a Clover let's say but make up some performance statistics and such too, just to make it seem that little bit more realistic, I'll add that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.