What's new

Debate: New Life Rule

Icy

Gold Member
I hear people saying stuff like "omg nawh that fag revenge-killed me omfg he didnt know it was me, new laif rule u noob"

But why?

You stay the same. Your character doesn't die, you're just injured, you're recovering in the Hospital. Where exactly is the point where you forget everything that happened in your life so far?

In my opinion, new life rule does not apply unless you're CK'd. And you're not when you're going to the hospital. But the time spent there is ridiculous short, and I hope to get a system where you're strapped to a hospital bed for like, 5-10 minutes, only able to use stuff like normal talk, OOC chats and cellphone. That would be real recovering-from-wounds-RP.

Also, I think revenge killing is ABSOLUTELY FINE, if it is done IC, that is. Someone getting shot by a mobster, then spending money on weapons, maybe to hire a hitman, and to track down the shooter, have a perfectly fine reason for killing him in revenge. I don't see why not, it's realistic after all. But most people would of course report it to the police, normal citizens would. But if it's a gangleader like Decoy or a criminal like Yurik who gets shot, then WHY WOULDN'T they want revenge? You shot them down, and you gotta face the consequences. If people can kill and be like "NEW LIFE RULE YOU CANT REPORT IT TO THE POLICE" then hello to DM fest.

Opinions?

Kyle Yakuza

In my opinion, The new life rule is true cause, You die and you get taken to the hospital, They bring you back to life and then because you died, you don't remember anything :D

Ian

Diamond Member
Kyle Yakuza said:
Dude, If you don't like the rule GTFO!
Wow... What a rebuddle... Failure...

Anyhow, the NLR is okay to an extent, as I hate revenge killers.
(I can't tell you how many times I have died over RKs...)
My main point is, you do have a point with the whole not dieing and shit, this causes some complications with the NLR, and I want to find a way around this. Anyhow, people need to understand Revenge Killing pisses everyone off unless you RP accordingly, which they never do...

Yurik Cherdenko

My opinion on this:
When you die you are injured in hospital of course and can remember everything. BUT you should stay away from the group/people that killed you for at least a hour or so. And if you kill someone you SHOULD NOT attack/engade with that person for at least a hour or so. Not doing this in my opinion is RK. And also if you are a police officer and die whilst attempting to catch a suspect you SHOULD NOT try and catch them again. This in my opinion is also RK.

This is why I suggested a more rp way of dying/respawning as it is like you have just been mortally wounded and recovered, not died and forgotten everything then suddenly walking around again?

Mikhail.I

Platinum Member
Yurik Cherdenko said:
My opinion on this:
When you die you are injured in hospital of course and can remember everything. BUT you should stay away from the group/people that killed you for at least a hour or so. And if you kill someone you SHOULD NOT attack/engade with that person for at least a hour or so. Not doing this in my opinion is RK. And also if you are a police officer and die whilst attempting to catch a suspect you SHOULD NOT try and catch them again. This in my opinion is also RK.

This is why I suggested a more rp way of dying/respawning as it is like you have just been mortally wounded and recovered, not died and forgotten everything then suddenly walking around again?
Cops don't give a shit, they say they're a new spawned cop like Single Player and go on.

Nikita_Cherdenko

Yurik Cherdenko said:
My opinion on this:

/agree
the cops don't adhere to the rules of RK, oh you lost a fight to 6 guys on a bride, feel free time come back in 30 secs with a helicopter gunship and SWAT, was total RK, Also I hate RK, cos usually it consits of someone going back immidiatly after death and killing the person with no words, because the other person is down on health/ammo, RK is the equivalent of kicking someone when they're down, and it's worth 30 mins ajail.

Yurik Cherdenko

Nikita_Cherdenko said:
Yurik Cherdenko said:
My opinion on this:

/agree
the cops don't adhere to the rules of RK, oh you lost a fight to 6 guys on a bride, feel free time come back in 30 secs with a helicopter gunship and SWAT, was total RK, Also I hate RK, cos usually it consits of someone going back immidiatly after death and killing the person with no words, because the other person is down on health/ammo, RK is the equivalent of kicking someone when they're down, and it's worth 30 mins ajail.
That was dumb, cops attacked us, lost, cried DM and took the attack helicopter out started mowing everyone down and heliblading. And ragekicking.
What was funny was we were actually trying to keep order from rioters and they go and make it worse

That bridge fight was pretty epic tho

Icy

Gold Member
Nikita_Cherdenko said:
Yurik Cherdenko said:
My opinion on this:

/agree
Lmao, IRL, SWAT would come rolling from all fucking directions. When 3 cops are online, you can't honestly whine they come back.

Kyle Yakuza

Icy_Blight said:
Nikita_Cherdenko said:
Yurik Cherdenko said:
My opinion on this:

/agree
Lmao, IRL, SWAT would come rolling from all fucking directions. When 3 cops are online, you can't honestly whine they come back.
Exacly