What's new

Criminals, band together. Jail times are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftover_Crack

Donator
It's like saying "you're in trouble for playing the game."

What would RCRP be without the crime and illegal factions? Just a bunch of law abiding citizens looking to get money and climb corporate ladders. Why are there so many cops, and why do we get locked up for playing our role in the community? I can understand going to jail. I can understand an hour or so. But I've been, and I've seen, people get locked up for upwards of like 24 hours!! This is literally saying "you've played your role in the community, now you get to continue playing on the server in a box."

I understand this is a long-term roleplay concept game. But it severly effects how people want to play when they go to jail for 8 hours for having handful of materials or a gun. Lock us up for 30 minutes, or an hour or something. All that does is make people want to leave, or want to stop playing criminal roles, or take harsher methods to not go to jail. So many of us would rather die then let some 16 year old /jail us for 12 hours.

So really, why does this have to be a community where the cops, as OP as they already are, get to keep us from enjoying the game for a whole day? It heavily effects the impact of new players and their impressions on the server. Not only does the arrest RP take forever, but the jail time isn't included in that.

The jailtimes should be no more than an hour. We're going to play our role in the community and continue to play rough, and continue to commit crimes, and continue to radio to our friends to come kill us because we'd rather die than be arrested. Unless something changes, maybe the max jailtime being 2 hours or something, INCLUDING the time during the processing, then this server is just going to keep going the rate it's going. 3 cops overloaded with heavy weaponry to every criminal with a pistol, extensive jail times making people /q for good because they can't play anyway, and everybody OOCly trying to kill themselves so they can void getting arrested.

This top does not include Admin Jails. Those are fair, those are for rule breakers, not for game players. I just don't think an in-game punishment should be equal to, or more, than an admin punishment for out-of-game offenses. Does anybody else feel this way? How do we get this changed? Owner, if you're reading, please reconsider what your players are going through. We want to play the game, we want to get arrested, but we dont' want to sit in a box for 24 hours, giving us a whole entire day where we can't play the game.

Cheesy

Gold Member
There's a rule stating the max is 12 hours. Higher is only if a person specifically asks for it.

Even though most people try to direct the problem to the members of DoC, it often happens that when officers are online, the inmates still tab or just fuck around. Don't see imprisonment as just a punishment. See it as a way of new experiences.

Jboi

Retired Admin
Leftover_Crack said:
The jailtimes should be no more than an hour. We're going to play our role in the community and continue to play rough, and continue to commit crimes, and continue to radio to our friends to come kill us because we'd rather die than be arrested. Unless something changes, maybe the max jailtime being 2 hours or something, INCLUDING the time during the processing, then this server is just going to keep going the rate it's going. 3 cops overloaded with heavy weaponry to every criminal with a pistol, extensive jail times making people /q for good because they can't play anyway, and everybody OOCly trying to kill themselves so they can void getting arrested.

• I'd say 6 hours max, or 24 hours if it serves it even while you're offline.
  • There are supposed to be rules like "equal or lesser force" but that's a joke when cops just abuse faction M4s because "the suspect might have a gun"
  • Yeah this is a major issue, I see it more and more often. It's unavoidable though, again, who wants to serve a long jail sentence with no rp? DoC is so inactive that it's no fun to be in a cell for up to 12 hours.

I agree with a lot of points, especially as someone who's been on the server since June 2011 and ALWAYS RP'd an illegal character. Jail time, sucks. The only people who will disagree and say we need harsher sentences, either;

1. Haven't been caught.
or
2. Are part of the police/aperture/fbi factions.

Manu

Retired Admin
I have to agree that going to jail sucks. Especially if it's for something minor.
Also some of the jail-times listed in the penal code don't make sense in my opinion, setting fire to a house grants the same time as bribery and street racing (35 mins) While resisting arrest grants you 50 minutes! wtf? Not logical IMO. Some (if not all) times should become shorter.

DirtyTruth

Donator
I myself know 3 players who left the server for being jailed for too much. We all are here to have some fun, and jail is the most boring rp that we might have. 3 hours should be max IMO and only fot major crimes as murder, terrorism and etc.

Toneh

Silver Member
Manu said:
I have to agree that going to jail sucks. Especially if it's for something minor.
Also some of the jail-times listed in the penal code don't make sense in my opinion, setting fire to a house grants the same time as bribery and street racing (35 mins) While resisting arrest grants you 50 minutes! wtf? Not logical IMO. Some (if not all) times should become shorter.

Miguel

Retired Admin
I will admit I almost quit illegal RP several times because of ridiculous jail times. I once spent a whole night trying to RP in DoC only to have the most boring night ever. I had a 5 hour jail and it's ridiculous, I know to a certain extent it's realistic to be in jail for long. But this is a game for gods sake, I don't see any jail time over 1 hour even being fair. I understand that without cops, what's illegal RP. But they already have tons of advantages over criminals, then they have the right to put them in for a maximum of 12 hours. I know it's hard to balance both sides, but I'm sure there is a way.

Leftover_Crack

Donator
There is a way to balance it. Just look at everything one more time. Look at the times, look at the books, compare EVERYTHING and all the data you have, and rewrite it. This is just stupid.

I'm with that other guy, I've been RPing illegal since Dec of 2011 or 2012, I don't remember which, and it's absolutely insane the things the cops do. My biggest problem with them is that there's so freaking many. There's like 3 cops to every 1 criminal, that's a horrible ratio, ESPECIALLY if they have all of these weapons.

Mr.Walker

Donator
Jboi said:
Leftover_Crack said:

• I'd say 6 hours max, or 24 hours if it serves it even while you're offline.
  • There are supposed to be rules like "equal or lesser force" but that's a joke when cops just abuse faction M4s because "the suspect might have a gun"
  • Yeah this is a major issue, I see it more and more often. It's unavoidable though, again, who wants to serve a long jail sentence with no rp? DoC is so inactive that it's no fun to be in a cell for up to 12 hours.

I agree with a lot of points, especially as someone who's been on the server since June 2011 and ALWAYS RP'd an illegal character. Jail time, sucks. The only people who will disagree and say we need harsher sentences, either;

1. Haven't been caught.
or
2. Are part of the police/aperture/fbi factions.

Great minds think alike. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.