What's new

[Clout's GUIDE] LEO/Legal Character Development

• Thread starter Deleted member 53695
  • Start date

Deleted member 53695

Starting off. I just need to make one thing clear. This thread is in no shape or form a response/some sort of shit talk at a group of players or a player in general.

1- Personality Traits
- Agreeableness: Agreeableness has a lot of traits n sides, but I'm sticking to 3 here:

- Trust: It's self-explanatory, it's the amount of trust you put in your colleagues and how it affects your behaviour around them, have a different attitude with other people. I sometimes RP being an asshole to someone just cause I don't like what they've got on or what their name is.

- Sympathy: I think that's mostly shown through dealing with criminals, do you want to arrest this guy for doing this or that. Do you wanna fine this person for speeding? Do you wanna over-fuck this person just because you don't like them? You've got your full OOC rights to do so, just cause It might be a problem IC'ly, doesn't mean that you've gotta be afraid of doing it, always be welcoming and calm with RP situations where you're catching an L.

- Modesty: Basically how confident your character is.

-Extraversion: Whether your character is an introvert(Likes staying away from people and is reserved) or an extrovert(Outgoing, can properly make friends with anyone.)

(IMPORTANT) Conscientiousness: Meaning whether your character is disorganized (You have to roleplay certain side effects of being disorganized, like being impulsive, basically not giving any shit about consequences if they're minor.)
or disciplined and organized(Being the opposite of unorganized, you are well thought through, your mistakes are little but that doesn't mean you're an alpha. Do NOT try to be an alpha. Everybody has a downside, so if yours isn't organization, it has to be something else.)

(Now let me make this clear without being professional. Decide whether you want to be an asshole or Nah by the way you interact with your colleagues/civilians, some want to be assholes but you find them going sir and ma'am all over the place. Pick your choice of words wisely. Watch a movie about corruption like L.A. Confidential or One False Move. Don't worry about getting discharged, if you're good at roleplaying, you will not be fired, if you fuck up major, the only thing that can happen is you make yourself another character. Think about your decisions and words properly.)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2- Appearance: Your outer look on duty and off duty

Look, those clothing items you're gonna want to buy at clothing shops are shit. Stay away from them, if it comes down to it, have some glasses on like shades. Don't go and try out those beards and moustaches, you may think you look sick but you're not at all. I'm coming at you from my preceptive as someone who was a full dedicated Parkrat. I thought I was a badass but I was a whole laughing stock. I came to realize that now. Try to get yourself a simple look or get yourself a modded skin from a friend or just google the name of your skin on google images. Click on the images and download the skin. Use it in your screenshots and send it to your friends, there, you look good, but not in a silly way. Have an /appearance on to help people notice whatever details there is about your character without having to spam them with it.

(STAY AWAY FROM CLOTHING ITEMS.)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3- Presentation: Your screenshots and media

This is an important bit. We have this little controversy where people say that being a screenshot Roleplayer is pointless and isn't fun, it might not be fun but it's beneficial as fuck to your reputation and whether people will want to roleplay with you or nah. This isn't a perfect community, I personally judge a person from their media, it's tough shit but you can either go with the pack or let it eat you. Screenshot guides are all over the forums but if you just can't crack it from there. Feel free to contact me privately about it and I have no problem teaching ya. It is a known fact that SASP isn't too much on screenshots, that is until me, Doherty and Scumpy started going at it. The fact that SP doesn't post much makes it stand out as the faction with /low standards/ but it actually isn't. We have decent Roleplayers who are just, not on the radar because of how poor their media is, so if you decide to cop up, don't be afraid to post them screens and get your RP out there, let people know your class and your style so they can coop with it when they interact with you. If Slipky, for example, didn't post up his media, trust me, people wouldn't avoid fucking with him, they just wouldn't. It's a hard pill to swallow but really, if you don't have media, you're non-existent. Your RP off duty matters just as much if not more, you have to make something out of yourself off duty, like for example what I've done with my character who passed away, Whitelock. Whitelock was a shit character but there's a lotta mediocre detail behind him that I prepped. It's rare for a member of SP character these days. Everyone should have the same if not better development put to their characters off duty.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4- ROBOCOP Mentality

Robocop, what's a Robocop? That word has a different definition in my dictionary, a Robocop is someone who's only in it for the pursuits, the shootings and the arrests. I get it's your job, but don't be afraid to take a break from it and maybe work on developing your character off duty? Or develop it on duty in a situation that's not involving shootings or pursuits? And of course, a Robocop is a cop who's doing superhuman shit, stepping on impossible odds to accomplish his mission in life, beanbag this guy, taze that guy, cuff up this one. This shouldn't be a main mission for you to the point of getting mad about it OOC'ly. Fuck that man, and if it happens, you shouldn't give a single fuck, be chill. The main thing to be addressed is: Don't be afraid to take a loss, get punched, kicked. (Note: @Heinrich is bitching cuz I said robocop when they're medics. It's the same idea dickhead)

5- Examples of good legal development

Double Trouble Delacey- thotboxx
special fucking agent - yours truly
modelo time - donut
saga about a psychotic ghost - danzig

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This guide is heavily dependent on how much you've learnt out of Doherty's guide here. Make good use of it.
If ya got any questions, please contact me on Discord at Clout#8815.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeXoOoOo

Bronze Member
Starting off. I just need to make one thing clear. This thread is in no shape or form a response/some sort of shit talk at a group of players or a player in general.
(Note: @Heinrich is bitching cuz I said robocop when they're medics. It's the same idea dickhead)

lol ok

anyways, the 1st part of the guide is the most important one, I like

.stephen

Retired Admin
imagine caring about roleplay lmao, man. i only care about ketamine and domestic violence

ot: those clothing items you're gonna want to buy at clothing shops are shit. - THIS, please stop making your character look like they're straight outta roblox