What's new

Chlorine Gas (Mustard Gas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyvikk

Donator
Hi,

I recently made an assistance but had to log off before it could get responded to. I had the random idea, because I couldn't be bothered to make your average bomb, to use electrolysis on some sea water to collect chlorine gas and use it as a weapon.

My query is would this be allowed. I'd like to RP this but I just want to be sure that I won't receive any admin punishment or be accidentally breaching any rules as in rule 3 there is stuff specified about bombs and terrorist roleplay yet nothing about chemical weaponry on a small scale (i.e. filling a pepper-spray can with chlorine gas).

Damian

Donator
As far I know, if you build a bomb or any other explosive stuff, an admin needs to be around to see you.
And taking screenshots of every scenario so you have the advantage and proof to show it to other people. So they don't complain. I apologise if I am totally incorrect with this, so please do not take my word for a fact.

alien

Retired Admin
Damian pretty much summed it up.

I don't have much experience with bomb/large scale attack roleplay as an admin, but personally I'd also like a valid IC reason on top of the screenshots of the weapon being made. I've encountered numerous players who simply wanted to roleplay a bombing for little to no reason, or for just very poor reasons. So as long as you manage to gather photographic evidence of you roleplaying the purchase of the required materials, putting them all together and such, that should be sufficient enough with perhaps something to back up the reason why your character would be doing such a thing.

Sliver

Donator
Chlorine Gas is the shit that was used during WW1, right? That gas is pretty darn serious, it ruins a lot of people in the blink of an eye - wouldn't surprise me if the use of this gas is disallowed, considering it can harm so many people with such severe injuries within minutes.

I believe if you were to use this gas, it'd have to be unleashed on people far away from the major towns and only on specific people/targets.

Meyvikk

Donator
Yeah my main concept is to use it to protect a laptop and other electronic devices by killing and or badly injuring those who attempt to steal it.

Sliver

Donator
Adco597 said:
Yeah my main concept is to use it to protect a laptop and other electronic devices by killing and or badly injuring those who attempt to steal it.
I doubt chlorine gas would kill them, only force them to back away due to respiratory issues. Mustard Gas probably wouldn't be very effective, as it isn't immediate enough. The mustard gas works over a long period of time, such as 24 hours etc. In WW1, the gas was unleashed and soldiers slept, inhaling the gas that led to more serious injuries. I'd suggest using the chlorine gas, as it's immediate, unlike the mustard gas.

Meyvikk

Donator
Yeah, Chlorine Gas would be the most likely one for me to use too as all I have to do is perform electrolysis on salt water

Damian

Donator
Adco597 said:
Yeah, Chlorine Gas would be the most likely one for me to use too as all I have to do is perform electrolysis on salt water

Hey Adco, have you gotten what you were looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.