What's new

Central Broadcasting Network [Please lock & archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AERO

Donator
This idea was just a complete failure, all of the CBN content can be used by the News Corp.
CBN is now over.

INTRODUCTION
Central Broadcasting Network is a privately owned television and radio network managing local news and entertainment stations that reach audiences in Red County, Bone County and it's neighboring towns. Its current assets include CBN News, CBN Entertainment, as well as the radio station Radio CBN. The network also owns and manages the magazine Fame and the weekly newspaper Red County Post. CBN's CEO and founder is John Curtis.

BACKGROUND
CBN started out as a local radio channel in Montgomery in the fall of 1987 called Radio Montgomery. In the spring of 1989 it expanded into television and launched a news channel reporting the happenings in and around the areas of Red County and Bone County. Radio Montgomery renamed to Radio CBN and following the moderate success of the news channel CBN News, the network launched CBN Entertainment in early 1991. In 1992 came the first editions of Red County Post and Fame.

<hr />

CBN owns and manages the two local TV stations CBN News and CBN Entertainment. The focus for both channels, as well as for Radio CBN, is mainly on news and events. CBNOnline is the online collection of everything published in Red County Post, broadcasted on CBN News, CBN Entertainment and Radio CBN, available for its visitors on an easy to use website. CBNOnline also features unique content never read, seen or heard before in the newspaper, on the television or the radio.

The newspaper Red County Post is a daily newspaper owned and ran by CBN. It is available in all newsstands in both Red and Bone County. Although all sorts of news can be read in Red County Post, it has a slight tendency to feature news particularly regarding city issues, politics and criminal activity. An internal survey made by CBN in late June 1992 showed that 36% of Red County Post employees were Democratic voters. 34% were Republicans and the remaining 30% were either Independent or undecided.

If you want to sign to receive the weekly newspaper Red County Post, please fill the following document and send it to our email:

Full Name:
Address:
Phone Number:

Can you afford the price of $2,000 to receive the Red County Post in your address?

Central Broadcasting Network ├é┬® 1987-1993
[OOC NOTE: When you pay us the 2k, we will send you the newspaper via forum PM. ]

Fame is for many people the gateway into the world of fame. The magazine seeks to present its readers with an as true picture of the lives of both Red and Bone County celebrities as possible and maintains unlike many other celebrity magazines a close connection to the ones who are regularly featured. It is not without great consideration as to how a story can affect a celebrity's life that it is written and published. Because of this it is crucial for journalists to have good relations and preferably also be a part of Red County and Bone County elite themselves.

If you want to sign to receive the weekly magazine Fame, please fill the following document send it to our email:

Full Name:
Address:
Phone Number:

Can you afford the price of $2,000 to receive the Fame magazine in your address?

[OOC NOTE: When you pay us the 2k, we will send you the magazine via forum PM. ]

<hr />

These are the currently available job opportunities at CBN:
├óÔÇô┬¬ Freelance Photographer
├óÔÇô┬¬ Freelance Writer

Freelance Photographer
CBN is looking for freelance photographers willing to sell their work to the network. The rewards vary and will be discussed between NBN and the photographer, but a skilled photographer may easily earn up to $100.000 for a single photo, if it is exceptionally good.

Freelance Writer
CBN is also looking for freelance writers willing to sell their articles to the network. The rewards will be discussed between CBN staff and the writer and it depends on the quality of the article.

CAREER
You can also follow a career in the CBN:

CEO
The Chief Executive Officer is the executive or the administrator in charge of total management of CBN.

Manager
The manager is in charge of almost everything on CBN, he is a trusted person in the network so his opinion is brought when major changes are about to be made.

Supervisor
The supervisor is in charge of the supervision of all newspapers and magazines. The supervisor also gives tasks to the other employees.

Reporter
The reporter has to research and present information in certain types of Mass Media.

Journalist
The journalist collects and disseminates information

Photographer
The photographer is in charge of taking photos to put on the newspapers and on the magazines. Reporters gather their information in a variety of ways, including tips, press releases, sources and witnessing events. They perform research through interviews, public records, and other sources. Reporters generally split their time between working in a office and going out to witness events or interview people.

Intern
Being an intern means working together and learning from experienced employees of CBN, such as TV anchors, reporters or journalists. In order to get an internship at CBN, you need a bachelor├óÔé¼Ôäós degree in journalism and full knowledge of the English language. Exceptions can be made, but are rare occurences. Once an intern has completed their training, they will be offered a job at CBN in whatever area suits them best.

If you are interested in following a career in the CBN, fill the application below and send it to our email:

Personal Information
Full Name:
Birth date:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Criminal Record:

Education Information
Please list your most recent education or choose your most impressive educational achievement if you have obtained more than one degree or diploma.

├óÔÇô┬¬

Employment Information
Current employment:
Are you satisfied with your current employment?

Employment Information
Please write a short article, it can have images but has to be realistic:

[OOC] Out Of Character Information
Name:
Timezone:
Hours online daily:
SA-MP RP Experience:
Can you speak English clearly?
Do you have Teamspeak 3 and a working microphone?

Other Comments:

[OOC Note: The application MUST be sent to me by a forum private message, otherwise, you will be denied automatically. Also, don't put your own email address, put your character's email address(This is just for RP purposes).]

UNIFORMS
CBN provides uniforms to our employees, and encourages them to use the uniforms when they're working.

CEO

Manager

Supervisor

Reporter

Journalist

Photographer

[OOC NOTE: I know that some of these skins are used by other factions, but I would like to ask permission to use them. If some of these skins aren't accessible via the Locals Only, I would like to be able to use them, via the admins or something. Thank you for your comprehension.]

Employee List

CEO
John Curtis

Manager
Jordan Freeman

Supervisor

Reporter

Journalist

Photographer

Intern
Stanley Gaetano

We want to know what you think. Contact us in one of the ways below. We are interested in knowing what you like and dislike about NBN. With your help we will improve and give you better quality broadcasts and articles.

├óÔÇô┬¬ For informations:
Phone Number: 7761927 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              7761927      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
E-mail: [email protected] ((Forum PM))
Fax Number: 3704-587

├óÔÇô┬¬ For suggestions:
Phone Number: 7761927
Fax Number: 3704-588

├óÔÇô┬¬ For complaints:
Fax Number: 3704-589

├óÔÇô┬¬ How do I submit an idea for a story or show to CBN?
Thank you for your interest and willingness to help improve CBN. Please write an e-mail to [email protected]

├óÔÇô┬¬ If I read, hear or see a story in the newspaper or on the radio or TV, will it be posted on CBNOnline?
Normally, yes. However, due to the sheer amount of news stories CBN cover, we cannot promise that everything will be made available on the website.

├óÔÇô┬¬ How do I get information on an NBN news story?
Send an e-mail to [email protected].

├óÔÇô┬¬ My question isn├óÔé¼Ôäót listed here, why?
Send an e-mail to [email protected] and chances are we'll add it to the FAQ.

<hr />

CBN Ads is a division on Central Broadcasting Network which specializes in opening the public's eyes and speaking loudly on the behalf of your best interests. Basically, CBN Ads advertises globally, meaning we send out news letters and fliers, also global radio advertisements and billboards along with a bit of phone calls. CBN Ads main goal is to get your business, depending on the package you have purchased, the most hits and the most revenue that is humanly possible for a business to get in this city of San Andreas. CBN Ads is here to help you and take a load of pressure off your back from all these advertisements and stress that may come along with it.

<hr />

Ultimate VIP Package Includes - 100 Advertisements/Week
Normal Advertisements
Presenting Fliers ((On the forum))
1 Internet Advertisement with Intermediate Detail ((Forum Detailed Advertisement))
Phone Advertisements
1 Logo Package
Branding Off: +10,000$

Gold Package Includes - 60 Advertisements/Week
Normal Advertisements
Presenting Fliers
Phone Advertisements
Branding Off: +7,000$

Silver Package Includes - 40 Advertisements/Week
Normal Advertisements
Presenting Fliers
Phone Advertisements
Branding Off: +5,000$

Bronze Package Includes - 20 Advertisements/Week
Normal Advertisements
Presenting Fliers
Phone Advertisements
Branding Off: +4,000$

Amateur Package Includes - 10 Advertisements/Week
Normal Advertisements
Presenting Fliers
Phone Advertisements
Branding Off: 2,000$

Party Package Includes - 20 Advertisements/Party
Normal Advertisements
Phone Advertisements
Branding Off: 2,500$

Logo Package Includes
CBN Ads professional graphic artists will create a logo for your company, you, or any type of graphic necessary.
Branding Off: +2000$

<hr />

In order to purchase, you have to fill the following document and send it to our email:

Full Name:
Phone Number:
Type of Package:
Email:
Advertising Starting Date:

Advertisement Content:

I, ____________(name), obey to the rules and regulations of CBN Ads and I am not going to scam or trick CBN Ads with any type of money.

If you are buying a Party Package, continue. If not, stop here.

Party Date:
Party Time:

If the package you're buying includes a Logo Package, or it is a Logo Package, continue. If not, stop here.

Text:
Font:
Font Size:
Color(s):
Main Picture:
Extra:
Then, we will analyze your request and if it is acceptable, we will send you a message containing the conditions of your request(price etc). After you receive the message, you have to send us another one, in the following format:

Name:
Type of Package:
Advertisement Starting Date:

I, ____________(name), ___________(accept/deny) the conditions proposed by CBN Ads.

Email: [email protected] ((Forum PM))
Fax Number: 3704-590

├óÔÇô┬¬ What does Branding Off means?
Branding off is taking off the Brand from the end of the advert.
Example: "Blueberry Pizza is now hiring pizza deliverers. Call now. - CBN Ads" to "Blueberry Pizza is now hiring pizza deliverers. Call now."

├óÔÇô┬¬ Do you pay before or after?
Due to the recent crime rate and scamming rates within Red and Bone County, CNB Ads customers are required to pay in full to purchase any package.

├óÔÇô┬¬ Who can I talk to for questions and any type of support?
Call 7761927 or send an email to [email protected] ((Forum PM))

<hr />

As I know there will be people saying this is just a copy of the News Corp: This isn't a copy of the News Corp. This is a Broadcasting Network, that has (almost)nothing to do with a News Corporation. We will do newspapers and magazines and deliver them by PM to the people that subscribes to get them, we will probably make TV shows, recorded using Fraps and post them on Youtube and later on the RC-RP forums. We will also advertise what people want, in order to make some money to help this company grow. All the money made with the faction, will be placed on the Faction Bank, and will be used to get the faction headquarters and the faction vehicles.
Yes, I know I was the CEO of Holder Constructions, but Alec already owns a construction company(Rae & Mulroy Demolition Construction Service), and since I didn't wanted to compete with him, I made this. I don't know what I will do with Holder Constructions, I may delete it, give it to a friend or sell it for a small amount to anyone interested.
I hope people find this a good idea, as I and my associates did.

Paxie

Retired Admin
((Oh shiiiit... /proomegaepicsupport
Great idea anyway. ))

Icy

Gold Member
This beats the News Faction by far.

Yet, we already have one that is official... hmm.

/support though

AERO

Donator
Icy_Blight said:
This beats the News Faction by far.

Yet, we already have one that is official... hmm.

/support though
This isn't really a news faction, we focus on entertainment. Altough, thank you for the setence that I've bolded.

Major_Mugel said:
Isnt that some kind of new faction? If yes: We already got one ^^ Just to mention... But its kinda better organisized...

/support

Greez,
Major Mugel
I know there's already a News faction, altough I can still compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.