Castorr's roleplay guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Name
KingC // Dillon
IG Faction
I've been making a lot of roleplay guides recently, one about standards and the other specifically for a portion of illegal roleplay. Within this guide I shall be covering as much of roleplay that comes to mind, elaborating on a few things, and hopefully helping you (as a community) with certain parts of roleplay!

Now first off I'll start with roleplaying different weathers.

There's multiple different weather scenarios, I'll break separate instances down for you.

Sunny (Mild heat) - If you're roleplaying mild heat I would suggest that you adjust your appearance in your binds (if you use them) to a more fitting one, now we all love walking around in fancy suits in our binds, however if we think realistically, if you're on a casual break (not working) you're more than likely going to be wearing t shirt and shorts, due to the insanely fast changes of weather I understand why you wouldn't want to do this, however if you keep them under separate bind files, then you won't have too much problem and will have a different twist to your roleplay. Furthermore,if it is mildly hot, I'd suggest roleplaying putting your suncream (or sunblock, different for different countries!) so that your IC doesn't get sunburned, if you fancy roleplaying a bit of sunburn, hell why not! Maybe even roleplay sweating here and there, this way you'd understand it'd be hot, and most likely will change others roleplay around you, making a nice unique twist.

Sunny (Extremely hot) - Now, this isn't going to be much different than before, however a few major changes would be that more than likely you'd be walking around topless (as a male) and most likely roleplaying a beach quite often due to the amazing weather, this will get some nice casual roleplay going. Furthermore, you'd most likely be rather dehydrated a lot of the time (if you're not drinking) so maybe roleplay drinking water every so often, maybe roleplay your character getting dehydrated. I understand roleplaying "negatives" may not be as fun as roleplaying "positives" however roleplay is roleplay, and there is no winning nor losing in it.

Raining (Light - Medium) - If it's raining lightly or an average downpour then you should again adjust your binds so that you're wearing a coat, or equipped with an umbrella (there's multiple objects you could RP an umbrella as, however none are truly suiting, I'd personally suggest a bat), you should really adjust your driving patterns when its raining as well, I understand it may be a game and you want to get places as fast as possible, and show off et cetera, but take into mind that if its raining IRL you'd be a lot more cautious, after all no-one seems to care for these puny 17k repairs. Another idea to roleplay when its raining is if you're not roleplaying wearing a coat or what not, then roleplay the disadvantages of rain, such as catching a cold, and possibly the more serious illnesses that may occur due to being wet and cold.

Raining (Heavily) - Again a lot alike the above rain, however when you're driving it'd be extremely hard to drive at fast speed due to the rain on your windscreen, no matter how fast your window wipers are, I highly doubt that it'd be easy to drive in, again be hesitant when driving around corners, and coming to stop. Another idea to roleplay when the rain is heavy is perhaps flood, maybe even if you just roleplay the front garden of your house flooding, it makes for some unique roleplay which hopefully people will follow by.

Fog (Light - Heavy) - Light fog won't affect you too much, however it may cause condensation on your windows which isn't anything major to roleplay, just maybe wiping down your windows with window wipers before you go out in your car, it's only a little touch which'll improve your roleplay a tad, not necessary, I just think it's a nice touch. However with Heavy fog it'll affect your driving a lot, you won't be able to see too far ahead of you, you should be hesitant with your driving, et cetera.

That's about it with the weather as I do believe the other weathers are buggy and cause a lot of problems (I may be wrong on that) however if I find out I'm wrong, I'll edit it afterward!

Driving; Now this is a huge thing for RC-RP, we all understand its a game, and we can all easily handle cars and motorcycles at 100+ miles per hour, however it is a roleplay server, a -HEAVY- roleplay server at that, so driving vehicles at such high speed isn't necessary, nor should it be happening frequently, especially throughout Red County considering the population, I've seen multiple people think that this is Fast and Furious or something. Now driving in the odd chase, and now and then speeding at them speeds is acceptable (I GUESS) however doing it persistently doesn't show the best of roleplay from your side, personally I normally stay from around 60-80mph in Red County (Depending on what I'm roleplaying and how I'm driving) no-one is perfect, and I'm for damn sure not with this. I just hope that you'll take this into consideration when driving next. Furthermore, I'd recommend roleplaying car maintenance such as changing the oil, changing the tires, I understand its all done scriptwise, but it won't hurt to roleplay it.

Shooting, we all -LOVE- a great shootout, but lets be realistic. A shootout is fine now and then, however some people are better than others (just like IRL) yet I barely see a gunfight roleplayed, if two people pull guns they just spam their right mouse button whilst aiming with their mouse, nothing special. However, I suggest trying to roleplay a shootout, for one its a lot more fun (in my opinion) this way it sets a good example, and creates a lot more roleplay for the server as a whole instead of a ton of people screaming "DM!" - Personally, roleplaying a shootout allows for a lot more than a normal shootout. Again, I doubt anyone will listen but I sure hope that a few people will take this into consideration!

Also, Mac knows a lot more about guns and what not than me, so check the following links for more information;

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=97052

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=96261

Clothing; I see people walking around in the same skin, day in, day out, now thats understandable, however in real life you don't walk around every day in the same clothes every day, so for a twist in roleplay I'd suggest getting 4 skins in your inventory, I personally have; 1 Swimwear, 2 casual attire and a smart skin. The swimwear I normally roleplay for both underwear and swimming, the casual attire for going out and roleplaying passively, and the smart attire for when I'm roleplaying something smart such as an interview, or dinner, it all depends on the scenario.

Eating/Drinking/Hygiene; I rarely see people roleplaying their IC eating, drinking or keeping their hygiene up (such as shaving/showering), I understand its a game (as I keep saying :whistling: ) but you need to keep the roleplay as realistic as possible. Now eating is only a 20 minute roleplay (on average) so it's nothing too tedious, its rather fun to do with friends actually, it helps with character development as a whole and generally spruces up your roleplay and keeps you away from being bored and having the temptation to go get into a chase or a shootout! Now roleplaying having a shower and stuff is all fun to do -if- you have someone to roleplay with, I guess. Now I don't see it as much of a thing, but personally I prefer to RP it for character development.

General conversations; A lot of the time in traffic stops (I'm using this as an example) I see police officers which do the average "licenses and registration, you've been pulled for this reason, run off, run it, give you a warning and drive off." however it'd make more roleplay if certain people talked to the civilians more, just generally chat with them and maybe create friends with some civilians, I understand why cops don't want to do that, 70% of the civilian population is filled with gangsters, mobsters and professional killers. But, if you look past that you can create some new IC and OOC friends by doing so. When in a conversation, which I see -A LOT- is people who bring up "You know where I can get a gat?" or "Wanna buy drugs?" now this is ridiculous, and if someone came up to me IRL and asked me for a "gat" or to sell me "drugs" I'd most likely laugh and walk off, this is way to frequently happening within RC-RP, and hopefully it'll stop!

Just another thing; I've noticed a few people that always resort to guns if someone gets a little aggressive, now realistically you would never resort to a gun for a fist fight or someone getting aggressive, sure you may get into a punch up, but at the end of the day you'd go your separate ways, you wouldn't go around killing people because they beat you up, you'd most likely fear them or want to get revenge. I'll give you a few examples of what you COULD do if someone mugs/beats you up.

• Kidnap them and humilate them, perhaps put a gun to their head and fire a blank, however you would -NOT- kill them.
  • Beat them up with a group of your friends.
  • Go back after them with a bat, and "teach" them to not "fuck" with you.
  • Confront them with a few people, give them a verbal threat and make them feel intimidated.

Roleplaying fear as a whole, now we all understand that a few people hate roleplaying fear, I don't care if you're one of them or not, I just hope that you'll start roleplaying fear in the future. Now some people can/may say that they've been shot at so many times they don't need to roleplay fear of a gun, now I'm sorry but I don't care how many times you've been shot at, you still will roleplay fear of a gun, whether you fear death or not IC'ly doesn't matter, you won't try to get yourself killed because you didn't follow orders when you could easily walk away alive. Now there's different ways of roleplaying fear, and I'm not telling you how to roleplay your character, however I suggest roleplaying fear. Now RPing fear is not a one time thing, if someone aims a gun at you once, you'll fear them for that instance, however more than likely you should be fearful of them for an elongated time due to you knowing they're willing to murder you, however we all know, once you die you spawn at a hospital and you continue on with your life, that is not how roleplay works, that is how the game mechanics work. Keep that in mind. Now I'll add a few scenarios of a couple of times when fear is roleplayed.

If a man is held at gunpoint because he's been kidnapped for approaching on someones "turf" with drugs, it'll more than likely go down like this.

"You're-.. You're nuts! *The mans hands begin to shake from pure nervousness, he'd be blinking multiple times whilst looking at the guns barrel*"

This may seem simple and not much to it, but lets compare it to this.

"Haha, you're a fuck. *laughs*"
Now you see how much different it is, one of these can get you a ban or an ajail and one of these can make you a decent roleplayer. Now lets put it into context if the victim sees the perpetrator again in the street.

*The victim would look over to the perpetrator before instantly looking to the floor, attempting to walk by un-noticed*

Or-..

*The victim would look over to the perpetrator laughing as he puts his middle finger up to him.*
Again, the difference is huge, and I hope you'll take it into consideration!

Another thing which I advise is to roleplay a huge negative on your IC, this can be a drug addiction, or an illness perhaps, be it a physical illness or a mental one. This allows for both character development and it provides roleplay to the people around you, both of these adapt you into a better roleplayer and again keeps you from being bored. Now it's easy to roleplay a drug addiction, or an illness, however it isn't easy to roleplay it -WELL- now I suggest before roleplaying either you should do some research into what drugs do what, what an addiction would cause, et cetera.

That'll be all for now, if I think off anything else I'll definitely add it into the guide!

Fuse

Gold Member
IG Name
Jacques Hellix
Nate said:
/me takes gun from sock
'pew pew'

Seriously: Good work Castorr!

/do You'd hit my steelplated skin, bouncing the bullet off hitting you and killing you

In all seriousness, awesome work :D Keep it up with the guides!

*An officer later walks up to the scene, locating the dead body; confused and panicked, he runs towards the body in an attempt to revive the individual.*
/do What would I see upon the persons?

/me ded.

IG Name
Edward Black
IG Faction
Classified
Another amazing guide Rhys! Well done!

IG Name
VonStacks | Aceof18th
IG Faction
Balling4Banks
They should probably just raise the white flag and hand you an admin status lol. Very good job mate, we need to catch up soon. :luvrcrp:

Frost

Donator
IG Name
Tea and Crumpets
IG Faction
Cloud9
Nicholas. said:
They should probably just raise the white flag and hand you an admin status lol. Very good job mate, we need to catch up soon. :luvrcrp:

IG Name
KingC // Dillon
IG Faction
Nicholas. said:
Cheers mate, throw me a PM IG at some point, normally on Archer Renwick these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.