What's new

Can't post a GIF on my avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmyy

Bronze Member
I've had this issue since yesterday. I converted a specific video to a GIF a couple of times using different sizes but it still didn't work each time. My friend helped me out to resize it, cause I thought that the size was the issue. The GIF was lowered to 5.5mb but it still didn't work when I chose the file when uploading the avatar.

I'll send the GIF to the admin or anyone who will help me out with this.

.stephen

Retired Admin
5.5mb is still a bit too large. Try lowering it's quality and/or size a bit more.
Edit: Just tried it w/ a 5.09mb picture (regular upload to a reply/post), it's size is just too 'large' for the forums, you'll have to decrease it.

Harmyy

Bronze Member
5.5mb is still a bit too large. Try lowering it's quality and/or size a bit more.
Edit: Just tried it w/ a 5.09mb picture (regular upload to a reply/post), it's size is just too 'large' for the forums, you'll have to decrease it.
Can I send you the link to my gif and if you can resize it? I don't really know how.

.stephen

Retired Admin
Decrease its size (eg. from let's say 800x600 to 600x450), decrease its quality (sharpness of the GIF itself, etc), decrease its length (if its 5 seconds, decrease it to like 4).
Theres multiple sites for that. I'm currently on phone and not near my PC so I can't really do it for you, but it should be easy to find those sites :c

Harmyy

Bronze Member
Decrease its size (eg. from let's say 800x600 to 600x450), decrease its quality (sharpness of the GIF itself, etc), decrease its length (if its 5 seconds, decrease it to like 4).
Theres multiple sites for that. I'm currently on phone and not near my PC so I can't really do it for you, but it should be easy to find those sites :c
I reduced the size, resolution and quality and lowered it down to 1.2mb, it still doesn't work.

I think it's a forum issue.

Harmyy

Bronze Member
It doesn't work with any other GIF that I tried. I downloaded few random gifs from google but none of them worked.

Harmyy

Bronze Member
Odd. I've just set a gif as my PFP to test it out and it works with no problems.
I honestly have no other clue what to do... Thanks for the tips anyway.

I'll wait until someone else might find me a solutuon.

Status
Not open for further replies.