What's new

Brawl rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic

Donator
I can't seem to find a rule confirming that you actually have to ask the other part if they would like to brawl.

In my opinion asking in /do is simply stupid because the other part can call for backup through Teamspeak (which has happened several times) or might say no just because they/their character can't fight.
It also removes that "surprising" effect when you attack someone.

Yassin

Retired Admin
You can not force brawls. Refer to this topic for a previous query regarding the same question. What I do in situations like these is type out a /me punching the other player several times in separate places. Then a /do to check if the hits would connect, and then I would continue to hit them unless they've asked to brawl over a /do. If they would like to punch back or fight back, they can either accept to a brawl or type out a /me reacting to the punches or attack you've sent their way.

No Death Matching (DM).
You may not kill players without any- or a weak reason.

Deathmatching is when you are Killing / inflicting injuries upon a player for a reason that does not justify such extreme actions, or without a reason at all.
Murders/shootouts/brawls are to be be fully roleplayed.

In regards to the other player calling their friends for backup over teamspeak, if they haven't performed a /ame or a /me stating any communication whatsoever, then yes, you can report them or post a complaint on them for Metagaming and so on.

Dynamic

Donator
I mean, it's the same as shootouts, you don't /me that you shoot someone when you're literally in a shootout.

Yassin

Retired Admin
Dynamic said:
I mean, it's the same as shootouts, you don't /me that you shoot someone when you're literally in a shootout.

Yeah, I understand, because shoot-outs are with guns and guns kill people. Nonetheless, you roleplay getting your weapon and you roleplay using it (Not specifically /me shoots one bullet etc..) I mean like you have a reason to shoot back or engage in a shootout or shoot someone. But, yes, eventually the rules coming down to the brawls must be clarified a bit. All subjects engaging in a brawl must agree to it. It'd be considered as power-gaming if you forced punches against them. If they want to fight back, they will, and then there's no need for you to do a /do brawl. But you can start it out by stating that you're sending a few punches there way and if any of them hit the other player, if not, roleplay sending more punches. Eventually the other player either has to roleplay fear and/or get beaten up or fight back.

Dynamic

Donator
Unknown said:
Dynamic said:

Yeah, I understand, because shoot-outs are with guns and guns kill people. Nonetheless, you roleplay getting your weapon and you roleplay using it (Not specifically /me shoots one bullet etc..) I mean like you have a reason to shoot back or engage in a shootout or shoot someone. But, yes, eventually the rules coming down to the brawls must be clarified a bit. All subjects engaging in a brawl must agree to it. It'd be considered as power-gaming if you forced punches against them. If they want to fight back, they will, and then there's no need for you to do a /do brawl. But you can start it out by stating that you're sending a few punches there way and if any of them hit the other player, if not, roleplay sending more punches. Eventually the other player either has to roleplay fear and/or get beaten up or fight back.
I know what you mean, just wanted a confirmation that it still exists ;)

Sliver

Donator
If you want to suprise them, simply write a /me and attempt to hit them a few times. Or I guess you can ask for a brawl in /do. Don't really see the problem.

Yassin

Retired Admin
All good Dynamic? Any more questions related to this query? If you want the rule to be edited to show a better explanation you can suggest it in the suggestions section.

Dynamic

Donator
Unknown said:
All good Dynamic? Any more questions related to this query? If you want the rule to be edited to show a better explanation you can suggest it in the suggestions section.
Yup, just had to confirm it.

Yassin

Retired Admin
Sounds good, if you require further assistance in this query, just pm me or any other helper and we'll gladly unarchive it or just post a new one.

:locked3:

Status
Not open for further replies.