[BEGINNING] Setting up your character - Guide 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Dominik's first beginners guide in the series!
Welcome to the first guide! In this guide, you will be seeing how to set up your character. You will be picking what it is afraid of, what makes it sad, happy, etc. On the second
guide of the series, you will be learning how to make money and how to spend them wisely.

1) Choosing a name for your character
Ah, so you are brand new to the server, and you are stuck choosing a name! Well I've got just the solution.
There is a website that will randomly generate you a name! This will be used for your character name, and gender.
This website will offer an unlimited section of names. If you are really uninterested in one, reload the page for a new one!
ONE rule. NO doing the generator again, stick with your result.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Site: http://www.behindthename.com/random...surname=&randomsurname=yes&all=no&usage_eng=1
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2) Building your character's personality (dislikes/likes, etc)
So you found your new character's name, and now its time to build his personality.
In this site. Goes all the way to male/female, likes/dislikes, straight/gay, and then random info at the end.
Note: If it says that your character is a girl but your name you generated is a boy's name or vice versa, ignore that part.
ONE rule. NO doing the generator again, stick with your result.

3) Building if your character is an illegal one or a legal one
So you got your name and your characters personality, now it's time to see if he follows the law or disobeys it.
Now I want you to select any number from 1-100, open the spoiler when you did to see your results.
If your number is less than 50, it is going to be legal. If more than 50, it will be illegal (PLEASE DON'T CHEAT)
If your player is LEGAL, congratulations, this is the end. You are now a legal civilian. If it is ILLEGAL, please go to step 4.

4b) (ILLEGAL) Will you plan to be in a gang, or be a civillian?
So you know if your legal or illegal and it ends up your illegal, now lets see if you will be in a gang
or be just a regular illegal civilian that robs people, etc. Please choose a number from 1-100.
If your number is lower than 40, you will be a civilian. If higher, you will be in a gang.
Note: This is the last post for illegal people. That's it! You now know everything about your new character. Good luck in streets!

Congratulations! You now know everything about your character. Tune in for the 2nd guide soon, for now this is all you need to start your roleplaying adventure!

IG Name
smth
IG Faction
smth else
Uh, I dunno about this. Part of the fun in creating a new character is deciding their back story, not just leaving it up to some random generator. And about the factions, idk about others but I join a faction because I'm personally interested in it, not just because I randomly picked the number for it.

Kemp

Retired Admin
jarokee said:
Uh, I dunno about this. Part of the fun in creating a new character is deciding their back story, not just leaving it up to some random generator. And about the factions, idk about others but I join a faction because I'm personally interested in it, not just because I randomly picked the number for it.

jarokee said:
This is for people that are totally stuck, and have no idea what to do.

IG Name
smth
IG Faction
smth else
Meh I maybe understand the name generator if you're stuck, but what I did and have seen others do is just base their first character largely off their own personality. And you shouldn't just say to them oh join this faction because you like the number 45, really thats just plain stupid. You should join a faction because you've learnt about it a little and found what you've learnt interesting. Another thing about the legal factions, they're not all recruiting all the time, DoC isn't even in use, and I don't think people decide to join Aperture.

jarokee said:
Meh I maybe understand the name generator if you're stuck, but what I did and have seen others do is just base their first character largely off their own personality. And you shouldn't just say to them oh join this faction because you like the number 45, really thats just plain stupid. You should join a faction because you've learnt about it a little and found what you've learnt interesting. Another thing about the legal factions, they're not all recruiting all the time, DoC isn't even in use, and I don't think people decide to join Aperture.
Yea I know, might just delete the faction part. Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.