[BBCODE] Basic Tutorial on BBCODE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

Donator
IG Name
Dominic
Hey Guys! Recently I see people's signatures All over the Place with the BBCODE not looking right and them showing wierd, and Discombulated... This is just a basic Tutorial on how to use it, along with some other help...

SECTION 1:

To start BBCODE is really easy... Every code that you enter needs to be followed by the command with a "/" to close it... All commands are housed in brackets that look like this [ and ]... Most of the commands are at the top and can be easily accesed but sometimes its Quicker it to just type, and The fact that the commands at the top, are Awkward and Need to be used for Starting something... Because most times you find yourself typing halfway through a paragraph, and you think... "I want to center this" so you hit the center command, and it just posts it all in the front... So you think, gotta fix this.

Lets go over a few Examples
To center an object you basically do this...
YOUR TEXT​
Code:
[center]YOUR TEXT[/center]
To bold, italisize, and Underline you use these...
YOUR TEXT
Code:
[b][i][u]YOUR TEXT[/b][/i][/u]
Now there are so many commands on the list. Although I would really love to go over them Im not. Im sorry but you can always PM me if you need some help. Im really good with them.

SECTION 2:

Photos/Spoilers/Colors/Links/DivBox's

Photos:
Pictures are Imported basically by putting a in front of your picture for it to show up... Pictures can be Seeded into Spoilers/and Divbox's... Just Put them in order. Start with putting the Spoiler command in then follow with the Image Command.
Code:
 [img]YOUR%20PICTURE[/img]
Spoilers:
Spoilers Can Contain anything from Pictures, to writing, to images, and Div Box's.. Hell you could even have a Spoiler with Writing Images and Divbox's all enclosed inside.
To make a spoiler basically enter in the following...
Code:
[spoiler=NAME OF IT][/spoiler]
Colors:
Colors are probably the easiest thing in the world to do... Since I dont know all the color commands, you basically click the icon, and then keep that in front of the Letters you want colored...
COLORS ARE COOL
Code:
[color=#00FF00]COLORS ARE COOL[/color]
DivBox's:
Although These seem a bit challenging, I have seemed to figure them out... They Basically contain a Rectangle of Color... Now finding the Colors For them are hard to me... Basically you start a DIVbox like this:
This is a DivBox.

Code:
[divbox=COLOR,COLOR]YOUR INFORMATION HERE[/divbox]
The Colors for the Div'Boxes are a bit different from the Colors for text. I happened to look around and these were really the only colors I could find.
-royalblue
-tan
-seashell
-SeaGreen

Now fonts are not Included on the Little bars up top... And most people dont know how to use it but, its easy... Basically just do...
THIS IS ARIAL FONT!
Code:
[font=arial] THIS IS ARIAL FONT![/font]
Alright guys, this is all I have for you today... I will add some later... Basically you get the Concept of it, if you dont, then just click the buttons and play around with them... Its Pretty Fun, and I like to do it...

I will be fixing signatures or making some if you like...Send me a PM and I will gladly make your Signature.

Thanks for Reading! Remember if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

-Mac

IG Name
they want my full name
IG Faction
i told em rockstar
lol logic n00b. and ok ill finish it stop pming meh ye faggot. Anyways, nice tutorial I guess but look above.

Mac

Donator
IG Name
Dominic
LOL I didnt even see it Logic! Sorry Bud!... LOL Well both of ours contain something the other one's doesn't so they both help in some way ! :)

IG Name
wow nice
IG Faction
House is back
Not really anything special, I excepted more advanced coding.

Mac

Donator
IG Name
Dominic
Honestly. What else do you want? I can edit it in the bottom to help someone out.

IG Name
they want my full name
IG Faction
i told em rockstar
"I can never Get it to work..."

Why make a guide about it then? Saying you can never get it to work is something you should not say in a guide, I mean look at it from this point of view, "oh hey look this guy made a guide about BBCode! Yes! Now I can finally know how to use it. Oh wait, he can never get the divboxes to work. Pff. I don't really wanna read this guide anymore, I mean why would he even make one if he can't do what he's making the guide on?" I don't mind you making one as mine was made like a year ago now or so and I never got around to finish it, but you haven't included the hard things and haven't explained divbox as much. You haven't included table either, something I doubt you know how to use. Either way good job on it, guess it helps newbies, and what matters is that you actually made a guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.