• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Basic guide on how to Improve your Character and the way they RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Faction
Raptilion Master Race
This is a guide directed to people who try and take their character seriously, in order to achive great RP and get the same in return.

In this guide I will show you how to:

*Basically set up your charaters RP

*Set up the way your character talks

*Set up your characters behavior

Lets get started:

If you're under the age of 15, I suggest you go and search for a light RP guide because this is directed to people who are more mature and are closer to the age of 18. Just because of the simple fact that 18 year old people have different knolage, and therefore have different points of view on certain subjects and would pretty much approach them in a different way.

If you are under the are of 15 and would like to continue reading this guide, feel free to do so. But I do not want to be asked dumb questions later on.

Basically et up your charaters RP

The way this goes is simple: You have to find a certain person would feel you can surely immitate in RCRP, and act like that person ingame.

In order not to be bitched at you need to set up your character before making the account and logging in.

Simple things such as:

A solid name that you can remember and react to when you're being called.

A background story about your character that, again, you can take off of a certain person you know, or some up with a story of your own, in order to make people respect you more.
EXAMPLE: If you meet a person who tells their story and you say to yourself: "Oh this sounds like the story from Mafia II" You'd immediately not take that person seriously enough because youd think he is a ripoff, and has no sense of immagination.

But if you meet a persno who's story actually makes you have an OOC laugh and say "wow! I like this guy! his RP is good!". That would obviously make this guy liked, as he can make a good story and make people interested in his background.

Set up the way your character talks

Again, the easies way to find a good way to conversate with other people is to find a person who you think, can be immitated easily by yourself, ingame.

For example: My character is based off of Johnny Klebbitz, the main character of "GTA IV: The Lost and Damned"

I've played the game many times, so I know how Johnny would most likely react to certain things. Therefore I try to think what would he do in this situation and how he would react or what he would say in this matter.

Simply take the character you're based off of, and try to think "What would he probably say in this kind of situation?" and then put it into action.

***NOTE: Your English must be good enough to even register on the Server. Sinse people can easily find the answers to the quiz on the internet, forgein people log in, without knowing how to construct a simple greeting, using proper English.

Set up your characters behavior

One more time: Try to base everything you do, off of the person you're trying to immitate. Take it easy, and dont pull out a gun no matter what happens. Be kind, nobody likes an asshole.
And try to be reasonable. If you're in an arguement, the other side is not always lying. Most people ((A big part of them are the Lopice)) often pull out a weapon and use the common

[OOC] [Name here]: Please cut the /b and RP.

Excuse to get out of that situation. You can post a complaint on them, It's completely unrealistic to draw out a loaded weapon twards a person whos trying to make your understand their side of the story.

They also like to play Ironman, when trying to arrest you. If you will attempt to kick them in the face, or say, throw dirt on them, they will most likely dodge it and continue to do what's ICly best for their character.

That is completely unfair, and just for the record, I would not think twice of reporting any "Superman cops" on RCRP, knock it off, and let us escape from time to time.

There is nothing fun in draging a person into the PD without a small chase. Action is always good for an RP where two sides are off the opposite sides.

This pretty much sums up my guide. I hope this will help people improve their RP in the future.

Thank you for reading, Braindawg.

Eew

Donator
IG Faction
Civilian
Braindawg said:
If you're under the age of 15, I suggest you go and search for a light RP guide because this is directed to people who are more mature and are closer to the age of 18. Just because of the simple fact that 18 year old people have different knolage, and therefore have different points of view on certain subjects and would pretty much approach them in a different way.
Was this thing really needed?
I'm 12, and rank 4 in CBC, I don't think the age matters that much.

Anyways, it's an OK guide, some spelling mistakes here and there..
But overall it's an OK guide.

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
IG Name
Edmond Bazarro
Eew said:
Braindawg said:
Usually, the players bellow 13 years are immature and acting like kids (with exceptions, of course), but you're not one of them.
On topic: Good job, Braindawg.

Dr. Paine

Retired Admin
IG Name
Jedediah_Rhodes
IG Faction
Corn Hauling C**ts !
Cool guide, little Sis.

Eew

Donator
IG Faction
Civilian
2Fabulous said:
Eew said:
Braindawg said:
Usually, the players bellow 13 years are immature and acting like kids (with exceptions, of course), but you're not one of them.
On topic: Good job, Braindawg.
I fully understand why it's set there, but it seemed to be pointed at everyone below 15 -> That everyone below 15 ain't that good RPers.

If you're under the age of 15, I suggest you go and search for a light RP guide
But anyways, i'm not here to start flaming or something.

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower
This is pretty much how I RP my characters, who are all their own individuals.
None of their personalities overlap as all their qualities are distinct and unique. Well, except for their driving skills.. *cough*
RPing with me on a different character would probably be like RPing with a whole new person altogether (should it get serious). Call me stereotypical, but that's how I enjoy RPing.

I'll be using my characters as examples, feel free to add them to your guide if you want to.

Fleur Fournier: She started off as a warm, kind and gentle person who had a serious and positive outlook on life and work. One could go so far as to compare her to the "perfect class president", as she wants everybody to get along. But as for her line of work, she was a barely legal news reporter who'd do anything for a scoop! But certain circumstances lead to her going back to France, where she continued her career as an indie film actress. Chased out by the paparazzi, she was pretty much forced to return to Red County. Despite her initial qualities remain intact, her vanity and haughtiness has increased to a certain degree.

Eve LaCroix: A strong, iron faced woman. In the eyes of her co-workers and in the public, she is neither disdainful or sympathetic. Being in Aperture and a high rank in the San Andreas District Court, her lifestyle has been branched off from what people can consider "normal." This ultimately lead to her loss of common sense, despite her phenomenal mental ability.
On the inside, or whenever she is alone - she is rather soft and somewhat fragile (I won't go into details).

TrixieBelle Talbot: A young runaway who wandered into the Montgomery farmed. Rowdy, trigger-happy and a wee bit cynical. She has a soft spot for her friends and woodland animals; would mind taking a bullet for either one.

Sarah Bishop: A "rookie" officer who has decided to follow the footsteps of her parents, Charlie and Nathalie Garcia. Despite her cheerful and flippant facade, she possesses a strong sense of justice and is never willing to look the opposite way should a crime come.

Alizabeth Rozencrux: Probably one of my most complex characters who I have a lot of fun RPing as. A young girl with a fascination for fashionable, casual lolita clothing and an addiction to small porcelain dolls. She is somewhat anti-social, usually keeping to herself to enjoy one of her simple joys - observing people. She also suffers from multiple personality disorders that range from irrational mood swings, mild schizophrenia to outright psychotic! (At that point, that's where things get rather violent)
In other words, everybody around her is pretty much fucked unless accompanied by somebody who knows how to "deal" with her. She's also quite satisfied by milk and sweets. Still looking for a "master" of sorts.

Yes, I really recommend this guide for people who are taking their RP to the next level, good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.